ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick first TV appearance
Click here for some more and visit Dhalgren (aka, Catherine) new website
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Babylon by plane Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-18-03 04:42 PM
TT So let me say this:

I�m upset and angry today seeing George Bush ignoring international rights and the UN to start the war he wanted for at least a year.

So he and his administration are responsible for every dead person on the coming list (Iraqi civilians, US soldiers, victims of upcoming terrorist attacks, victims resulting from civil wars in that region). And that list is gonna be long.

I�ve been in the US two times and it seems that I have lost touch with at least 66% of the citizens supporting the war.

War is not the answer. It will do more harm than solve anything. You will see.

TT from old Europe.

PS: Don�t anyone call me a whiner. It�s rather brave to stand up for peace these days than hiding behind 250.000 soldiers.

(NOT IN MY NAME!)
03-18-03 09:28 PM
steel driving hammer [quote]TT wrote:
So let me say this:

I�m upset and angry today seeing George Bush ignoring international rights and the UN to start the war he wanted for at least a year.

Stud Driving Muffin wrote;
The UN was CREATED by the US! The US is a baby country w/ respect to History. Other countries have History far greater than we do. But yet, WE are the most advanced! Huh. Why? FREEDOM! China/Middle East have had a 2000 years head start than we did, yet, WE are the most Advanced!

Choke on that...

Bumm Fuck wrote; So he and his administration are responsible for every dead person on the coming list

Stud Driving Muffin wrote; We are eh? Is Saddamm responsible for MURDERING his OWN people by the THOUSANDS? Tell Me.

Bum Fuck wrote; War is not the answer. It will do more harm than solve anything.

Stud Driving Muffin wrote; Hey Bum Fuck, Peace = the victory of War in relation w/ Dictaters.

TT from old Europe.

Steel Driving Hammer from New America.

Ya'll have had a much greater head start than we have...

So what went wrong w/ ya'll? Hmm?

Cheers.
03-18-03 09:40 PM
glencar Why is crap like TT's still being thrown up here? It's flamebait, pure & simple. Frankly, Joshy does a better job of it. And that creep from S. Africa...
03-18-03 10:55 PM
BILL PERKS I RESPECT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING OVER THERE AND FIGHTING IN OUR NAME,BUT THE CAUSE DOES NOT JUSTIFY TO ME.I DONT CARE IF HUSSEIN KILLS ALL HIS OWN PEOPLE.DICTATOR'S LIKE HIMSELF NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM WITHIN BY REVOLUTION,AN UPRISING WITHIN IRAQ(IF FUNDED AND SUPPORTED BY THE US,FINE).TO ME,BUSH IS HIDING BEHIND THIS TO OBSCURE THE FACT THEY HAVENT CAUGHT BIN LADEN AND THIS WAR WILL NOT CHANGE THE FACTS THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN MADE TO PAY FOR SEPT. 11 AND THAT IS THE ONLY CAUSE WE SHOULD BE SENDING TROOPS FOR.
03-18-03 11:50 PM
Fiji Joe "So he and his administration are responsible for every dead person on the coming list (Iraqi civilians, US soldiers, victims of upcoming terrorist attacks, victims resulting from civil wars in that region). And that list is gonna be long."

And I will hold you and others of your ilk responsible for every person who perishes as a result of your advocacy of inaction...ala Neville Chamberlain...

Pipe down chorus boy...your rhetoric is tired, sad and wrong...

"war is not the answer"...what planet are you living on?...go piss your pants on the "Pants Pissing Board"...they'll love ya there...my boys got some ass to kick

And I would add...shut up already damn...you lost, world governments are comming out in vast approval (and to get a piece of the pie they didn't fight for) and put some energy into correcting the wrongs of yourself and your forefathers right there in good ol' South Africa...this motherfucker is gonna lecture us about the methods of dealing with tyranny?...your asses should have been kicked years ago brother...Here's wishing you don't die at the hands of angry Africans...although, under your worldview, such a death would be justified...Hypocrisy sucks when it's stuck in your face...Don't it?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-19-03 02:08 AM
Moonisup You should ask Rumsfeld, he knows alot about Iraq, he was their quite alot in the eigthies, I think he provided some gasses also!! That helped Saddam to solve some problems, yes Rumsfeld eheheh
03-19-03 02:33 AM
Highwire Rob And folks,
Don't forget to order our United States Caterpillar toys for your kids today...

The whole family can enjoy the fun as the little ones learn to bulldoze over human beings including fellow Americans!

"Caterpillar is committed to enabling positive and responsible growth around the world, and we believe in the value of social and environmental responsibility� As a global company, we use our strength and resources to improve the lives of our neighbors around the world."
[--From Caterpillar�s statement on social responsibility]

At times like this: PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!
03-19-03 03:07 AM
TT
Hey, new Americans,

You are just as arrogant and unfriendly as always. I never attacked or insulted anynone personally. But it seems to be YOUR job to do so.

I just spoke out against war.

Have fun in shooting 3000 smart bombs and cruise missiles, watch your censored Fox TV and have a nice cold one. The whole Arab world is waiting for the US democracy.

NOT IN MY NAME
03-19-03 06:16 AM
Doxa Hi, I�m new here,

but I�m shocked how untolerantly and arrogantly some
people here behave.

Is there a freedom of speech in this board?
Can one have a different opinion (from that of "new americans")
without being aggressively insulted?

Is that what you americans are marketting (with guns) to
rest of us? Like "You don�t need to agree with me, but if you
don�t, I better shoot your head off, because
you might a potential trouble-maker,
which equals to say that you disagree with me".
In name of "freedom" and "democracy" and so
on. Not very good P.R. for those ideas.

Doxa
03-19-03 07:40 AM
nankerphelge All you non-Americans bashing us for for being arrogant and not tolerating other opinions. But the other opinion here is that war is necessary in this instance.

You don't have to like it or us, but the fact is, we gave multilateralism a chance for months at the UN. We laid out why we were doing it. But many want to put the white hat on Saddam and the black hat on Bush. Who's intolerant? Who can't accept another opinion?

You don't like the idea of war. Fine.
You want to protest against it. Have at it.

But don't insult us Americans just because we have a different opinion and have opted to take this shit down. That's intolerance.
03-19-03 08:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man What about all the Brittish troups out there fighting? Everyones yapping on about America but this war is causing such a stir over here because of Blair siding with Bush. Bush is a dope, but his heart is in the right place and he is right on this one.

Alex
03-19-03 08:57 AM
Fiji Joe No one is over-looking the Brits Honky Tonk...they're not being assiled however...Can always count on the Brits and the Aussies and vice versa...The Kidz are Alright!

And I'll say it again...quit starting these flaming threads and Fiji won't have to get riled up...This is a finished issue...and those who did not get their way will just have to get over it because no one of any importance is listening to what you have to say...If you're counting on nations like Libya, Russia and China as advancing the cause of pacificism then you got some real problems
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-19-03 09:12 AM
nankerphelge Hey Alex, I didn't mean to overlook Britain at all. I'm impressed the Blair has put his political future on the line -- he is a right honorable sir!!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
03-19-03 09:31 AM
Nellcote Bring on the naysayers.
Baghdad, it's Hitler clone regime is next.
Oh yeah, Europe peace niks-remember the spell that little twerp cast over y'all? Who took him out after killing millions in your continent?

The Pope?

No, just go to the US Cemetary's in Europe

Yeah, doves, it was the good ole USA.

Saved yo butt from that tyranny did'nt we?

Now it's Saddam's turn to feel the fire...
Then, maybe a right turn to Tehran, give them a tune up..
Yeah, that's the ticket!
03-19-03 11:02 AM
voodoopug I think there is a great demand for some new parking lots over there, and i hope that is what we turn those targets into.

It is quite disheartening to see USA and UK protecting the rest of the world yet again and hearing the other countries leadership and loudmouths complain. If it wasnt for USA and UK protecting your dumb asses, you would all be speaking German right now, so wise up and smell the Coffee (or tea if you prefer)
03-19-03 11:09 AM
steel driving hammer Putting the World out on a deadline...

Catching the bite on the Prime Time...

03-19-03 11:35 AM
Doxa Mr. Fiji said:

"And I'll say it again...quit starting these flaming threads
and Fiji won't have to get riled up...This is a finished is
sue...and those who did not get their way will just have to
get over it because no one of any importance is listening
to what you have to say..."

Is this person a kind of Big Brother here? He says what is
a suitable topic to talk about? And is that what so called
"democracy" or "freedom" is all about that one can not have
an own opinion and express it because "no one of any importance
is listening to what you have to say". Do I - just me, individual,
a citizen of "free world" - need to have
an army of my own to have a permission to say or even think
something?

Like I am not justified to complain about some Stones setlists
because Mick or Keith or Chuck won�t give a fuck about
my opinion? Why this board exists in the first place
if talk is really that cheap?

Shit, the true victims of this idiot war and the blind
patriotism it has invoked are ideas like
"freedom of speech" and "democracy". Nice words to
propaganda, don�t you think?

Doxa

03-19-03 12:00 PM
Doxa Nellcote:

"Saved yo butt from that tyranny did'nt we?"

Why you americans always tend to forget that most of the
dirty work with Hitler was done by the Red Army.

And yo save who�s butt?? The Checks? The Polish?
The Hungarian? The Romanian?

Doxa

03-19-03 12:01 PM
Fiji Joe No Doxa...for you who hasn't been around...All 3 admins have requested that we limit these topics to single threads or refrain from them all together...so, I'm trying to respect that...There are multiple threads on this issue already on this board...

And specifically, as far as I'm concerned, these threads are all started the same way...some thinly vieled anti-war sentiment that is, in reality, merely a hatred for America and/or George Bush...read TT's initial post again and tell me what is really motivating him...to which I say...worry about your own leaders...

Anyone who knows my past history of posts will tell you I am far from Big Brother...I simply respect the people who run this board and they have said over and over again to cease with the flaming posts...get it?...

By the way, I don't buy the fact that you're new here at all...who you kidding? I will discover your true identity and you will be exposed for the monster you are...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-19-03 12:33 PM
Monkey Woman BOTH the flaming AND the flame-baiting are getting boring!
The arguments of either side have been repeated to death. If a new poster comes along and wants to talk about the situation, fine by me. But he or she'd better do some quick research in the archives to get the picture before butting in...

Not in my name either, alas. And you know I don't confuse the American people with their government - or with the medias who will exploit the prime-time show to the bone! But now, since it seems that nothing will stop the war, I'll simply hope that they'll do it quickly and that it doesn't escalate. I do respect the men and women who are going to risk their lives over this.

And as Kofi Annan from the UN said, now those who are not going to war can help by caring for the refugees, sending emergency aid to the civil population, etc. After Saddam is out, there still will be an Iraq. It'll be up to the international community to make sure it is a peaceful Iraq.
03-19-03 12:46 PM
Maxlugar I think we will need to wait a few weeks and see just what we find in Iraq before some of you anti-war people get too confident.

03-19-03 01:01 PM
Doxa Hi Fiji, I get your points, and I respect them. This topic is really
a difficult one, and it is no wonder that people will have very strong
emotions about it (I did my homework and read some older threads in this
topic, some heavy stuff..). We are talking about war here, not the
b sides of 74' stones single!

You said:
"And specifically, as far as I'm concerned, these threads are
all started the same way...some thinly vieled anti-war sentiment
that is, in reality, merely a hatred for America and/or
George Bush...read TT's initial post again and tell me
what is really motivating him...to which I say...worry about
your own leaders..."

I have to a little bit disagree with you. I know a lot of people
who do not have anything special against U.S. or Bush and still
are against this war. At least here in Europe, or in Scandinavia
to be more accurate, what is real is the anti-war sentiment not
the hidden anti-americanism (although those things are getting
more and more mixed).

Why anti-war sentiment? Maybe because the old continent has such
an long and unhappy and bloody history that people might even
have learn something from it. Europe knows how war feels like.
Just think about the people - yes the ordinary people, not the soldiers -
in ruins of Dresden, or London, or Warzaw.. the whole continent
was fucked up during that war (and divided after the war) - and it
took awhile to build up the whole mess. And WW2 was just the
last episode of old, really old history of fighting.

What Europe has learnt? Maybe that peace is not a "natural"
state of affairs, it is a goal to achieve. And if you have
achived that, there needs to be a very, very good reason to destroy
that balance and start a war. And, I think, most of people in Europe
- and in elsewhere too - do not think there is enough
justification to START this war against Iraq.

But this was just a brief explanation (and not very good
one)of why so many Europeans are emotionally against this attack.
It is not against U.S., it is against war.
I hope you can see the difference?

(And yes, I am worried about my own leaders..)

Doxa

03-19-03 01:03 PM
Moonisup It's difficult,

Saddam away, well that is good, with war? yeah must be done with war, 12 years of asking is enough, and well I know it's hard, but Clinton would also be in favor of this war, it's not just Bush.
and indeed let's not forget the US saved our asses many times (due to the fact they are such a large country)
Will their be civillion casulties? Yeah true, but in 1914-18 and after and long before that there where too. well sometimes it's time to act and not to discuss it again 12 years
03-19-03 01:11 PM
steel driving hammer Iraq is giving it's soliers Musatard, VX and other chemical weapons to dispurse.

I thought he said didn't have any...

The NY Police should be given the right to stick a broom up Saddam's ass.
03-19-03 01:19 PM
Factory Girl steelie, I hope the NY police didn't attend Howe Academy>
03-19-03 01:30 PM
steel driving hammer Funny but not funny babe...

Cheers.
03-19-03 01:32 PM
glencar I keep waiting for some of the peaceniks to wake up but it's like they've been given bottles of Sominex or something. Wake up, people!
03-19-03 01:40 PM
Highwire Rob Can the solitary allowed political thread show up as a "Sticky" or in a different color? If we are to abide by the implied (and sensible) rule of posting political comments to one thread--how do we know which one? "Patti Smith" or "Irak" for example? It's not possible spending hours to pursue each innocuously labeled thread to determine which is the "political" one (they change so fast).

As soon as someone wants to get political on a non-political thread maybe that person could just direct others to read their comment on a "Sticky" thread created by Administrators for that general purpose.

Any thoughts?
03-19-03 01:42 PM
steel driving hammer I say the drum of this man, should lead the charge!

03-19-03 01:45 PM
Factory Girl Steelie, getting sensitive are we? Wish you never brought that up?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST