ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bruce Springsteen , Keith Moon & Joey ....... ( Stones Content ) Return to archive
15th March 2008 12:16 PM
Joey .... !

Hello My Stones' Brothers and Sisters ......

Just woke up after attending my very FIRST Bruce Springsteen Concert and I am sore from all the dancing and ' jumping - up - and - down ' last night ...... in ' THE PIT ' . ** YES ! **

Yes , my Stonescicles [ brrr ... got cold again ] , your Joey got into the ' Pit ' . The Qwest Center started with the number 100 and I drew 137 ( actually the wristband said someting like 070137 or whatever ) . Then at Five O'Clock Sharp we arrived at the venue ( well liquored up as Keith Moon arrived at the Bruce Springsteen Pre- Party at Mr. Toads and bought many , MANY rounds of ' Jaggerbombs ' ) to queue up for the drawing -- there were around five hundred wrist bands issued and Number # 256 was selected so I barely made it into the pit . I left the cell phone in the car and it is a good thing I did because as soon as were allowed into the floor they told us that anyone caught taking pictures would have their cell phone's confiscated and ushered outside in the cold . Since I was just a few feet away from Bruce -- Yes , I weasled my way up to the center of the stage about three back from the very front -- the temptation to take a photo would have been too great and I would have been tossed out like a few other individuals who violated to rule ; the security on the Main Floor was tight ( .... unusual for the Qwest Center -- I hope they are not cracking down these days ) . The concert began a Lil' Late ( around 8:45 PM , CDT ) and me mates , myself and Keith Moon passed the time by drinking numerous Gin & Tonics ( .. and strong Gin & Tonics they were indeed --- I believe Keith tips the bartenders a little bit extra if they pore more booze in those plastic cups ) . Every seat was taken ( ... including BEHIND the stage ) and when the house lights went down the cries of ' Brrrruuuuuuuuuce !!!!! ' were deafening )

Anyway , last night's show was unbelievable ( Bruce was smiling at me a lot as he appreciated my enthusiasm ) and I would rank it tied with The Rolling Stones Denver '03 & Omaha '06 / The Who '06 as my personal : ' The Greatest Rock Show EVER !!!!! ' ....... EVER !!!!!

Your kins has been ' Brucified ' .... and that is Good !

" Hit Me Ronnie !!! "

Joeykins

1. No Surrender
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Adam Raised A Cain
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Magic
7. Reason To Believe
8. Because The Night
9. She's The One
10. Living In The Future
11. Promised Land
12. Waiting on a Sunny Day
13. The River
14. Devil's Arcade
15. The Rising
16. Last To Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Badlands

19. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
20. Thunder Road (with Conor Oberst "Bright Eyes" -- a worm )
21. Jungleland --Friggin Amazing -- When this somg finished I looked over at Keith Moon and he had tears in his eyes .... or vodka
22. Detroit Medley
23. Born To Run
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. American Land

REVIEW ! :

" A Bright idea from the Boss "

" After a nearly 25-year absence from the state he named an album after, Bruce Springsteen finally made it back to Nebraska.

But rather than dwell on the lack of visits from the rock legend, fans who filled the Qwest Center Omaha on Friday celebrated the fact that this time, they didn't have to travel to Kansas City, Iowa City or any other city. The Boss was in their hometown, and fans were ready to revel, reminisce and rock out.

Though some may have wanted to hear more songs than were played from Springsteen's "Nebraska" album, the state was represented in a different way. A really cool way, too.

Omaha musician Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes came out during the encore to play tambourine and sing with Springsteen and the E Street Band on a lively version of the 1975 classic "Thunder Road."

"Let's hear it for the hometown boy!" yelled Springsteen, who called Oberst a "great singer-songwriter." The two shared the stage in 2004 during the "Vote for Change" tour.

Oberst, 28, wore a big grin during his time in the spotlight and hugged Springsteen and members of the band as he left the stage.

Earlier in the evening, Springsteen dedicated the politically charged "Livin' in the Future" to Oberst. Later in the encore, the Boss dedicated "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" to "Matt and Nancy and all the Nebraska girls." Matt and Nancy Oberst are Conor's parents.

It was nice surprises and thoughtful gestures like those that helped make the show an even more moving and memorable experience.

Throughout the nearly 2½-hour concert, the band mesmerized a sold-out crowd of more than 17,000 fans with an intense and energetic performance that mixed classics and lots of new material from Springsteen's latest album.

Friday's concert — the seventh show on the second leg of his "Magic" tour — opened with the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer shouting "Is there anybody out there?" before leading into the fiery rocker "No Surrender" followed by "Radio Nowhere" and "Lonesome Day."

At 58, the singer-guitarist still has plenty of performance mojo. He bounded across the stage, scurried down to a lower stage platform, pointed to fans in the crowd and reached down to slap hands with many near the front of the stage. He also made his way up to an elevated platform several times to wave to fans seated behind the stage.

Fans went as wild for the E Street Band as they did for the Boss. They cheered and applauded Clarence Clemons' sax playing, Mighty Max Weinberg's drumming and Nils Lofgren's guitar solos.

As with the previous shows leading up to Omaha, the concert was missing two E Street members. Keyboardist Danny Federici is on temporary leave while he undergoes treatment for melanoma. Charles Giordano, who played on Springsteen's "Seeger Sessions" tour, is filling in for him.

"Danny sends his best and all his love," Springsteen said. "We're praying for Danny."

His wife, Patti Scialfa, also wasn't there. Springsteen said she was at home looking after the couple's three teens.

One of the night's best moments came early in the set when the band tore through "Because the Night," and Lofgren brought the house down with a killer guitar solo.

Other crowd pleasers included "Reason to Believe," "The Promised Land," "Born to Run," "The River," "Dancing in the Dark" and "Badlands," which closed the main set.

A pair of fan favorites, "Jungleland" and "Detroit Medley," showed up in the encore after Springsteen noticed fans holding up signs for both songs.

If his concerts continue to offer more surprises and fan-friendly touches like last night, fans at future shows are in for a treat. "

www.omaha.com

[Edited by Joey]
15th March 2008 12:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Happy for you, Joeykins!!

15th March 2008 12:36 PM
Bloozehound Where there any hot chicks there ?
15th March 2008 12:42 PM
GotToRollMe Very happy to hear you made it into the PIT, Joey! Good on ya!
15th March 2008 03:01 PM
parmeda
quote:
Joey wrote:
Your kins has been ' Brucified ' .... and that is Good !

Amen! It's about time!!

Only one question for ya, my Joey...

How was Bruce's ass?
15th March 2008 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Where there any hot chicks there ?

Frig Yeah ---- I was pawing like crazy .

Bloozey .........

What Happens in ' The Pit ' STAYS in ' The Pit '

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins
15th March 2008 03:14 PM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

How was Bruce's ass?

Actually , when he turned and played to the people sitting behind the stage , his ass looked a little bit sweaty .

In fact , that dude can SWEAT !!!!! Man , what a friggin show .

" Oh , he is brucified Ronnie ! "

I remain ..... forever ..... your kins

J. FLY !
15th March 2008 03:19 PM
sweetcharmedlife Nice review Joey. You are indeed Bruceified.
15th March 2008 03:32 PM
fireontheplatter jugleland....how cool is that.

great song list. i like the old bruce.

...........well if she wants to see me, you can tell her that i'm easily found...tell 'er theres a spot out 'neath abrams bridge and tell her..theres a darkness on the edge of town. theres a darknes on the eee eeedge of tooooooooon...

oh the good old fist pounding the air memories of him during the '80's and his 4 hour shows.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
15th March 2008 03:39 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

Frig Yeah ---- I was pawing like crazy .

Bloozey .........

What Happens in ' The Pit ' STAYS in ' The Pit '

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins

very nice JoJo, but I have to ask 1 thing, were the hotties, you know, were their pooholes.......you know what I'm talkin 'bout Willis
15th March 2008 03:48 PM
Some Guy Man that damn Quest Center has been pulling in some top notch talent.
15th March 2008 06:06 PM
Gazza Congratulations, Joey
16th March 2008 09:38 AM
Ade thank you for the review -
great to hear the brilliant, Bright Eyes, are appreciated
in their hometown.
16th March 2008 01:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Man that damn Quest Center has been pulling in some top notch talent.

that's right !!!!!

That's RIGHT !!!!!!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

www.thepolicetour.com

Joeykins , Est. 1999
16th March 2008 01:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

very nice JoJo, but I have to ask 1 thing, were the hotties, you know, were their pooholes.......you know what I'm talkin 'bout Willis

Bloozey ..........................

I really , REALLY do believe everyone's pooholes ( spiderbites ) were a ' mess ' Friday Evening .

" It's allowed once - in - a - while Ronnie Cakes ! "

'kins
16th March 2008 02:24 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bloozey ..........................

I really , REALLY do believe everyone's pooholes ( spiderbites ) were a ' mess ' Friday Evening .

" It's allowed once - in - a - while Ronnie Cakes ! "

'kins

Amen to that

"The Boss" wouldn't settle for anything less than wrecked poohole
16th March 2008 07:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Amen to that

"The Boss" wouldn't settle for anything less than wrecked poohole

I feel ya ..............................

J. Fly !

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)