ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pictures of Mick yesterday at The Feast of Albion: Quintessentially Gala Banquet in aid of the Soil Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th March 2008 09:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks MOY!!

14th March 2008 09:55 AM
nankerphelge The incredible shrinking rockstar?

14th March 2008 09:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's the angle Nanky... it's the angle
14th March 2008 10:07 AM
SweetVirginia Holy Hell...That is now my favorite pic of Mick and L'Wren
14th March 2008 10:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, my girlfriend Leah Wood was there!

14th March 2008 10:21 AM
PartyDoll MEG I think she has perfected the "squat down "so I don't tower over him look. And even a tie!!!

14th March 2008 10:22 AM
Joey [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks MOY!!

Damn My Baby Looks good .... Thanks Voodoo .

What ?! .... Oh , sure ! :

I remain .... forever .... your weedy .

Weedykins
14th March 2008 10:35 AM
LadyJane

Love this one.
Two of my favs.

I cannot even comment on the Amazonian Giant!!!!!

LJ.
14th March 2008 10:46 AM
FotiniD Thanks moy!
Mick looks fantastic Well, except for that weird angle pic, haha
14th March 2008 11:17 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The incredible shrinking rockstar?

It's the angle, Nanky. In reality, they're both the exact same size!
Thanks Voodoo and Moy.
14th March 2008 11:23 AM
Jeep Looks like a cartoon from french artist Dubout (circa 1930) :

14th March 2008 11:39 AM
Mr Jurkka He looks same as ten years ago. Very cool.. omg what a angle.
14th March 2008 12:04 PM
UGot2Rollme I think L'Wren looks pretty hot in those pics (and I haven't been drinking)
14th March 2008 01:04 PM
Sioux I think Mick looks really good in those pix.
14th March 2008 02:12 PM
Fuck! omg, he's getting old,.... what the hell, that guy is 64
for some reason i don't like the bitch he's with, am i the only one who's got that feeling?

Fuck!
14th March 2008 03:03 PM
SweetVirginia From the Daily Mail:

Little and large celebrity couples turn out for £1,000-a-head banquet

Last updated at 14:43pm on 14th March 2008

Singers Mick Jagger and Jamie Cullum were left looking positively pint-sized last night as they arrived with their statuesque girlfriends at a charity banquet in London.

The Rolling Stones frontman, who stands at 5ft 10ins, was dwarfed by his 6ft 4in model girlfriend L'Wren Scott as they made their way into London's Guildhall for the £1,000-a-head Feast of Albion.

But Mick was in good company - 5ft 4in jazz crooner Jamie attended the same affair accompanied by Sophie Dahl, who towers over him at 6ft.

Clearly neither model cared to accentuate the height difference - both wore flat shoes.

Dahl has recently said she feels her relationship with Cullum is "like a carnival side-show" but she insists she isn't fussed about having a shorter partner.

She says: "What's lost... is that we happen to be two people who met, fell madly in love and will probably produce fairly average-sized children, hopefully with his more elegant feet, not mine."

"Height is one of those things you can't do a whole lot about."

At the event, masterminded by TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, the couples were joined by Trudie Styler, Annie Lennox, Richard E Grant and Colin Firth.

The menu included nettles picked from Hyde Park, wild fennel from the banks of the Regent's Canal in Hackney and organic beetroot from Romney Marsh.

Oysters from the Maldon Oyster beds in the Blackwater river, Essex, and venison shot by the gamekeeper at the Windsor Estate were among the highlights of the “eco-banquetî to raise money for the Soil Association.

In order to cut down on the evening's carbon footprint - in line with the Soil Association's ethos - teams cycled the root vegetables from an organic farm in Pangbourne, Berkshire, 50 miles to London in dreadful weather conditions.

The event, with songs from Lennox on piano, was hosted by Jonathan Dimbleby, president of the Soil Association-Chef Mark Hix prepared canapés such as Windsor Park venison sausages, Highgrove mutton and turnip pies, and smoked pollack which was line-caught at Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage.

The night, organised by lifestyle group Quintessentially, aimed to encourage supermarkets to stop flying out-of-season produce across the world and rediscover locally grown, seasonal food.

Fearnley-Whittingstall said: “This is a celebration of our fantastic British produce but in this case it is all about the South-East - it is a cerebration of seasonality for an extremely good cause.

“I am an organic farmer in Dorset myself and I believe passionately that we need more land under organic cultivation. One of the greatest joys is cooking and eating seasonal food.”

Dinner party: Tom Parker Bowles and wife Sarah; chefs Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Mark Hix
Mr Hix added: “If you keep an eye out you come across all sorts of things in hedgerows or patches of grass. We've all become so used to going to the supermarket and filling the basket without a thought for where the food has come from.”

An auction with lots including a carbon-offset holiday at a Himalayan retreat raised more than £300,000.

Cullum paid £20,000 for a fishing and cooking trip with the evening's two chefs in Dorset

Tall story: Sophie Dahl and Jamie Cullum attended the same event--

"
Little and large: Mick Jagger arrived at London's Guildhall with his 6ft 4in girlfriend L'Wren Scott. The singer, not helped by an unflattering camera angle, appeared pint-sized compared to the model"--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=533779&in_page_id=1773

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
[Edited by SweetVirginia]
14th March 2008 03:12 PM
Sister Morphine Thanks for the pictures,

Mick looks good. nankerphelge, the pic with the 'shrinking rockstar' you posted....*lol* I'm quite sure it's photoshopped!

I don't think L'Wren is sooooooooooo beautiful, but in those pictuers she actually doesn't look too bad.

Nice to see Leah Wood was there, too.

Charli
14th March 2008 05:07 PM
texile that is a fucking hilarious picture...
you guys are always making jokes, but then i see pictures of mick and lwren together and think,
'damn, she's huge..'
14th March 2008 05:23 PM
rollmops Mick Jagger isn't 5feet 10 inches tall unless he has grown up since 1987. That is the year I went to "pay him a visit" in Poce sur cisse (France).There he was, walking in his garden at approximately 100 yards away from where I was standing; we were both at the same ground level. I am 6feet7inches and I remember that I was surprised at how skinny and small he was. For whatever reason I had always thought that he was tall or at least taller than me but he is not! Unfortunately the gardener saw me and kicked me out before I could get even closer to mick. Mick was with 2 women and it seemed that he was working on rearranging the garden. I had with me a EP that my band had just recorded and I wanted to give it to Mick as a present. We were influenced by the Stones and the pub rock sound. Well I went back to my city, Blois, with my EP in hands and a good story to tell.
Rock and Roll,
Mops
14th March 2008 06:29 PM
Lavendar Hmmmmm

Now who is this Jamie Cullum ---

I've never heard of him?

As for that dinner, thats another question?
[Edited by Lavendar]
14th March 2008 07:24 PM
Ade Jamie Cullum, is a jazz-lite singer from UK...he's rubbish...bit like Michael Buble.
14th March 2008 07:27 PM
SweetVirginia Ade..
When is the marathon?

14th March 2008 08:45 PM
gotdablouse nice suit, shitty shoes, like Macca, you'd think these guys would have better taste, a pair of Churchs' is in order dudes !
14th March 2008 09:44 PM
Bitch
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Love this one.
Two of my favs.

I cannot even comment on the Amazonian Giant!!!!!

LJ.

MICK & Annie Lennox look lovely togrther ~ and L'Wren looks so fvcking big and ugly. Sorry but I cant stand her looks, MICK can do soooo much better. IMO. Yeah I know MICK is a grown man and makes his own decisions, but WTF!!
14th March 2008 10:53 PM
iluvmickjagger07 hahah in the first few pics it looks as though mick is standing on his toes just to look a little taller for the pics... or maybe the angle makes it look like that
15th March 2008 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
hahah in the first few pics it looks as though mick is standing on his toes just to look a little taller for the pics... or maybe the angle makes it look like that

Hello iluvmickjagger07 .....
15th March 2008 12:51 PM
Tom
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The incredible shrinking rockstar?

Like a Rolling Gnome
15th March 2008 09:03 PM
GotToRollMe Aw, that's so sweet. L'wren brought Little Mick along!
15th March 2008 09:49 PM
BONOISLOVE

I'm scared. I wouldn't want to make her angry.
15th March 2008 10:22 PM
Sioux
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Aw, that's so sweet. L'wren brought Little Mick along!

Lol, TOO funny...
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)