ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: no Bruce for you .. NSC Return to archive
12th March 2008 10:12 PM
Daethgod http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23367845-5005961,00.html

A WOMAN stabbed her de facto husband to death after he stopped her playing her favourite Bruce Springsteen CD.
Karen Lee Cooper told arresting police: "I couldn't even play Bruce Springsteen on my stereo - can you believe that? Can you believe that?"

She later again told police: "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen?"

"I'm 49 years old and I want to play my own music."

In the Supreme Courty in Brisbane today, Cooper, 50, was jailed for eight years.

She pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Kevin Lee Watson on July 8, 2006.

She was originally charged with murder but the Crown accepted a manslaughter plea on the basis she had no intention to kill.

The court heard Cooper stabbed Watson through the aorta after they had been drinking at their Cedar Grove home, south of Brisbane.

12th March 2008 10:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG

Could you imagine what might happen around here, if some of the spouses of RO'ers started throwing out your Stones' bootlegs, magazine articles, newspaper clippings, posters, teeshirts and god forbid... EXILE or Emotional Rescue!!????
12th March 2008 10:41 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Could you imagine what might happen around here, if some of the spouses of RO'ers started throwing out your Stones' bootlegs, magazine articles, newspaper clippings, posters, teeshirts and god forbid... EXILE or Emotional Rescue!!????

I threw out ABB, and stabbed myself for buying it!
12th March 2008 11:32 PM
glencar An appropriate sentence would be 3 months of listening to Bon Jovi!
13th March 2008 03:24 AM
Dan
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

One good reason I am single - I don't think I could ever love any woman as much as I love my collection.
13th March 2008 08:51 AM
Linda My first rule is.... No Bruce, No Stones- No date!

13th March 2008 12:56 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Dan wrote:

One good reason I am single - I don't think I could ever love any woman as much as I love my collection.

Not even an inflatible woman?
13th March 2008 05:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23367845-5005961,00.html

A WOMAN stabbed her de facto husband to death after he stopped her playing her favourite Bruce Springsteen CD.
Karen Lee Cooper told arresting police: "I couldn't even play Bruce Springsteen on my stereo - can you believe that? Can you believe that?"

She later again told police: "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen?"

"I'm 49 years old and I want to play my own music."

In the Supreme Courty in Brisbane today, Cooper, 50, was jailed for eight years.

She pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Kevin Lee Watson on July 8, 2006.

She was originally charged with murder but the Crown accepted a manslaughter plea on the basis she had no intention to kill.

The court heard Cooper stabbed Watson through the aorta after they had been drinking at their Cedar Grove home, south of Brisbane.

Too fucking right.

Entirely justifiable.

Philistine.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2008 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
An appropriate sentence would be 3 months of listening to Bon Jovi!

For her or the husband?
13th March 2008 06:39 PM
glencar For her; he's suffered enough!
13th March 2008 06:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
For her; he's suffered enough!

You republicans just arent understanding enough when it comes to the downtrodden!
13th March 2008 06:47 PM
glencar We just "trod" a bit more until they've given up...
14th March 2008 06:53 AM
UGot2Rollme feedback on this from Backstreets.com:

"Seems a bit extreme -- but then again, maybe not?"
"If there was ever a reason for an acquittal..."
"I think Bruce should tour Australia soon... sounds like there's some pent up frustration!"
"She's got a point."
"So maybe Sweden, Italy, and Philly don't have the most diehard fans after all?"

14th March 2008 10:38 AM
Gazza On greasylake, they're speculating what album she may have been listening to which may have caused this incident.

One poster reckoned (somewhat harshly IMO) that "If she was playing the Seeger Sessions he should have stabbed her first.."
14th March 2008 12:02 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"If she was playing the Seeger Sessions he should have stabbed her first.."

LOL!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)