ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vatican Lists New Sinful Behavior Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th March 2008 12:29 PM
mojoman By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 10, 2008
Filed at 12:11 p.m. ET

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- A Vatican official has listed drugs, pollution, genetic manipulation and social and economic injustices as new areas of sinful behavior.

Sins increasingly manifest themselves as behavior that damages society as a whole, Monsignor Gianfranco Girotti said in an interview published Sunday by the Vatican's daily newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano.

''While sin used to concern mostly the individual, today it has mainly a social resonance, due to the phenomenon of globalization,'' said Girotti, who heads the Apostolic Penitentiary, a Vatican body that issues decisions on matters of conscience and grants absolutions.

Catholic teaching distinguishes between lesser venial sins and mortal sins.

Listing the new areas of sinful behavior, Girotti denounced ''certain violations of the fundamental rights of human nature through experiments, genetic manipulations.''

He also mentioned drugs -- which ''weaken the mind and obscure intelligence'' -- pollution, and the widening social and economic differences between the rich and the poor.

Girotti said the Catholic Church continued to be concerned by other sinful acts, including abortion and pedophilia.

He said Church authorities had reacted with ''rigorous measures'' to child abuse scandals within the clergy, but he also claimed that the issue had been excessively emphasized by the media.
10th March 2008 12:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Fuck. Does that come from the Vatican or the Kremlin?
10th March 2008 12:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Fuck. Does that come from the Vatican or the Kremlin?

Czar Putin !!!!!!!!

*** ALL KNEEL !!!! ***

10th March 2008 12:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Czar Putin !!!!!!!!

*** ALL KNEEL !!!! ***

A BIGGER BOLSHEVIK
10th March 2008 12:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
10th March 2008 12:39 PM
mojoman
10th March 2008 01:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mojoman wrote:
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 10, 2008
Filed at 12:11 p.m. ET

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- A Vatican official has listed drugs, pollution, genetic manipulation and social and economic injustices as new areas of sinful behavior.

Sins increasingly manifest themselves as behavior that damages society as a whole, Monsignor Gianfranco Girotti said in an interview published Sunday by the Vatican's daily newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano.

''While sin used to concern mostly the individual, today it has mainly a social resonance, due to the phenomenon of globalization,'' said Girotti, who heads the Apostolic Penitentiary, a Vatican body that issues decisions on matters of conscience and grants absolutions.

Catholic teaching distinguishes between lesser venial sins and mortal sins.

Listing the new areas of sinful behavior, Girotti denounced ''certain violations of the fundamental rights of human nature through experiments, genetic manipulations.''

He also mentioned drugs -- which ''weaken the mind and obscure intelligence'' -- pollution, and the widening social and economic differences between the rich and the poor.

Girotti said the Catholic Church continued to be concerned by other sinful acts, including abortion and pedophilia.

He said Church authorities had reacted with ''rigorous measures'' to child abuse scandals within the clergy, but he also claimed that the issue had been excessively emphasized by the media.

What about sympathizing with genocidal maniacs and suggesting the world's civilied democracies are to blame for world-wide wars and the deaths of millions? I don't have the Batphone connection to god that this fucking jackass claims he has, but I'll bet my salvation that god said that was sinful. At least as bad as getting all high on The Weed and stuff.
10th March 2008 02:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG Well I have been told:

10th March 2008 03:57 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Joey wrote:

Czar Putin !!!!!!!!

Vladimir likes his power very much. I'm certain if he could appoint himself "Czar", he'll be "Czar Vladimir the Great". I'm stone serious.
10th March 2008 04:00 PM
pdog I flirt with nuns!
10th March 2008 04:03 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
pdog wrote:
I flirt with nuns!

But do they flirt back? Flirting is not a zero-sum game.
10th March 2008 04:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Vladimir likes his power very much. I'm certain if he could appoint himself "Czar", he'll be "Czar Vladimir the Great". I'm stone serious.

I've looked into his eyes & seen a bizarre czar.
10th March 2008 04:09 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've looked into his eyes & seen a bizarre czar.

No, glenny, Vladimir is very sane.

Soon, B.O. may be looking into Vladimir's blue eyes. That'll be scary.
10th March 2008 04:12 PM
glencar I think Barry O scares you even more than he scares me!
10th March 2008 04:19 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Barry O scares you even more than he scares me!

If he gets the WH, he'll be a "Rebel without a clue" in the int'l arena. That's not what US needs now.
10th March 2008 04:19 PM
glencar Agreed. He's a babe in the woods. Scary stuff.
10th March 2008 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Damn Straight My Stonesian Sister !!!!!!

Putin is the most dangerous world leader since Stalin .

I hope I am wrong , but I have a sneaking suspicion that his ' Hand - Picked Successor ' might meet up with a Lil' " Accident " sometime next year .

" Once KGB ALWAYS KGB Ronnie ! "

Joey Stalin

10th March 2008 04:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

But do they flirt back? Flirting is not a zero-sum game.

My first crush was Sister Pierette in St. Michales. She would smack our hands, laugh at our tears.... To this day, I crave to be punished by a woman in black and white wearing a man being murdered around their neck. Just thinking about it, I'm get half a chubby!
10th March 2008 04:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Damn Straight My Stonesian Sister !!!!!!

Putin is the most dangerous world leader since Stalin .

I hope I am wrong , but I have a sneaking suspicion that his ' Hand - Picked Successor ' might meet up with a Lil' " Accident " sometime next year .

" Once KGB ALWAYS KGB Ronnie ! "

Joey Stalin

I hope you're as non-prescient as EVER!
10th March 2008 04:25 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

My first crush was Sister Pierette in St. Michales. She would smack our hands, laugh at our tears.... To this day, I crave to be punished by a woman in black and white wearing a man being murdered around their neck. Just thinking about it, I'm get half a chubby!

I spent my 1st 2 years of education at a parochial school in the Bronx. The nuns seemed nice but I got stuck with 2 lay teachers. Nasty women!
10th March 2008 05:16 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

If he gets the WH, he'll be a "Rebel without a clue" in the int'l arena. That's not what US needs now.

Don't confuse optimism and willingness to try new approaches with naïveté. Barack is a whole lot better than what we've got, less scary than 10,000 Year McInsain, and more trustworthy than Hill-Billy. Barack is no patsy.
10th March 2008 05:24 PM
nankerphelge "Don't confuse optimism and willingness to try new approaches with naïveté."

Why not?

What has this guy truly done different?

I will give you that he provides that youth and energy and stuff that makes people feel good.

But where is his plan?
What exactly is he out to change?
When did he try this change before?
In Chicago?
Oh yeah, entirely different place now, that Chicago.

Even if he does somehow manage to articulate a true plan -- and I don't mean broad "we musts" -- a true plan, how does he propose we pay for all this change?

Does he advocate tax increases?

Don't get me wrong -- I see people reacting to the guy.
I'm just not sure it isn't irrational exuberance.

10th March 2008 05:35 PM
glencar Oh but BJ once saw Barry crossing the quad at Harvard back in 1985 & IT'S LOVE!
10th March 2008 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope you're as non-prescient as EVER!

I am serious blue .

Putin LOVES secrecy and in a few months he can run the country from ' behind the scenes ' whilst yanking Medvedev's puppet strings .

I remain ...... FOREVER ...... your kins .

J. Fly !
10th March 2008 05:46 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"Don't confuse optimism and willingness to try new approaches with naïveté."

Why not?

What has this guy truly done different?

I will give you that he provides that youth and energy and stuff that makes people feel good.

But where is his plan?
What exactly is he out to change?
When did he try this change before?
In Chicago?
Oh yeah, entirely different place now, that Chicago.

Even if he does somehow manage to articulate a true plan -- and I don't mean broad "we musts" -- a true plan, how does he propose we pay for all this change?

Does he advocate tax increases?

Don't get me wrong -- I see people reacting to the guy.
I'm just not sure it isn't irrational exuberance.

N- Nanky ?!

*** { Joey now busts out laughing here at the office ! } ***
10th March 2008 06:22 PM
glencar
10th March 2008 06:30 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th March 2008 11:11 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Joey wrote:
Czar Putin !!!!!!!!
*** ALL KNEEL !!!! ***

A.M.W.E.T. does not like to hear this,
However,
Putin is titillating.

10th March 2008 11:24 PM
The jinn, my friend.
10th March 2008 11:47 PM
The jinn, my friend.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)