ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith has started studying the bible Return to archive
9th March 2008 11:12 PM
moy KEEF: I'M A BIBLE BASHER
10th March 2008
By James Cabooter

ROLLING Stones hellraiser Keith Richards may have Sympathy For The Devil – but he has started studying the Bible.

The legendary guitarist and party animal has admitted he has taken to reading the “Good Book”.

But he also confessed he does it only to find out what all the fuss is about – and that he finds it a little dull.

Keef, 64, said: “I read it sometimes, but it bores me to death.

“I just want to know what other people find so bloody fascinating.

“Why are they all hung up about all that ‘In the beginning’ stuff? Ah, well. At least it is stable.

“It has said the same damn thing since I was a kid.”

But maybe the rock wildman sees it as a way of thanking the heavens that he is still alive.

The former heroin addict had a fearsome reputation for drug-taking and has had several other brushes with death. Keef fell off a ladder, broke three ribs and punctured his lung in 1998 as he tried to reach for a book in his floor-to-ceiling library.

And two years ago – during the Stones’ huge A Bigger Bang tour – he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji, suffered severe concussion and required brain surgery.

But at the moment he is concentrating on writing rather than reading.

He is hard at work on his autobiography and said: “We’re just trying to make an interesting story out of it, without every chapter ending: ‘And then I found out I only had 30 quid in the bank.

“And then I did this. And then that.’ No! I’m trying to come out with a story with a narrative.”

ABOVE: Keith Richards10th March 2008 By James Cabooter

[Edited by moy]
10th March 2008 12:49 AM
sirmoonie I read that book. The ending totally sucks.
10th March 2008 01:21 AM
prism His daughter Theodora says that she shares Keith's humanistic philosophy. She answered "No" on a questionnaire to the question "Do you believe in the Christian concept of God?" I was surprised at that because her mother is a strict born-again Christian. Theo says she takes after her dad more. She listed her favorite movie as Monty Python's "Life of Brian" which her "friend's brother" showed her. I wonder if he was James Jagger.
10th March 2008 01:58 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
prism wrote:
His daughter Theodora says that she shares Keith's humanistic philosophy. She answered "No" on a questionnaire to the question "Do you believe in the Christian concept of God?" I was surprised at that because her mother is a strict born-again Christian. Theo says she takes after her dad more. She listed her favorite movie as Monty Python's "Life of Brian" which her "friend's brother" showed her. I wonder if he was James Jagger.

Inheriting Mum's looks and Dad's brains is a pretty good deal for young Theo.
10th March 2008 08:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
moy wrote:
keith has started studying the bible

With Moses?
10th March 2008 08:45 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

With Moses?

That would be quite a study group, Voodoo!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
10th March 2008 09:28 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I read that book. The ending totally sucks.

I PEEKED AT THE END....

THE DEVIL DID IT!

WHAT TV SHOW?
10th March 2008 09:29 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
prism wrote:
His daughter Theodora says that she shares Keith's humanistic philosophy. She answered "No" on a questionnaire to the question "Do you believe in the Christian concept of God?" I was surprised at that because her mother is a strict born-again Christian. Theo says she takes after her dad more. She listed her favorite movie as Monty Python's "Life of Brian" which her "friend's brother" showed her. I wonder if he was James Jagger.

LIFE OF BRIAN IS GOOD BUT HOLY GRAIL IS WAY BETTER
10th March 2008 09:33 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
moy wrote:

But at the moment he is concentrating on writing rather than reading.

He is hard at work on his autobiography and said: “We’re just trying to make an interesting story out of it, without every chapter ending: ‘And then I found out I only had 30 quid in the bank.

“And then I did this. And then that.’ No! I’m trying to come out with a story with a narrative.”

Hmmmmm....
I wonder WHAT he remembers?

That book is gonna take a lot of ghost writers...
10th March 2008 10:21 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I PEEKED AT THE END....

THE DEVIL DID IT!

Spoiler alert.

Actually the authors left it open-ended for possible sequels. And that's how we get low budget garbage like The Book of Mormon.
10th March 2008 10:37 AM
mojoman he's trying to save mick......
10th March 2008 10:47 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
moy wrote:
But maybe the rock wildman sees it as a way of thanking the heavens that he is still alive.

funny how that happens...
10th March 2008 10:49 AM
polytoxic
quote:
moy wrote:

having a go at Ronnie perhaps?
10th March 2008 10:59 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I read that book. The ending totally sucks.

Don't ruin the ending for me, I'm waiting for the movie!
10th March 2008 11:35 AM
Mel Belli "Started" reading the Bible?

More bogus headline-writing. Keith has claimed for years to have read the Bible - and the Koran! - all the way through more than once.
10th March 2008 01:54 PM
guitarman53 What I find interesting is that Keith wife Patti, is a born again Christian, was she that way before she knew Keith? quite a difference.
10th March 2008 02:37 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
What I find interesting is that Keith wife Patti, is a born again Christian, was she that way before she knew Keith? quite a difference.

I don't think so. And the definition of "born-again" is pretty elastic. Far as I know, she's a relatively conservative Lutheran -- which does not necessarily put her in the same theological category of fundamentalist Protestants like Southern Baptists.
10th March 2008 03:56 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I don't think so. And the definition of "born-again" is pretty elastic. Far as I know, she's a relatively conservative Lutheran -- which does not necessarily put her in the same theological category of fundamentalist Protestants like Southern Baptists.

You don't think that Jerry Falwell was a born again Christian?
10th March 2008 04:34 PM
glencar
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

having a go at Ronnie perhaps?

My 1st thought too!

Wasn't Keith C of E as a boy?
10th March 2008 06:06 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

You don't think that Jerry Falwell was a born again Christian?

Of course I do. I'm just saying that not everyone who describes himself that way believes the same things as Jerry Falwell. Lutherans are not nearly as extreme as some in the Southern Baptist Convention.
10th March 2008 06:15 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Of course I do. I'm just saying that not everyone who describes himself that way believes the same things as Jerry Falwell. Lutherans are not nearly as extreme as some in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Your probably right, I mean Roman Catholics has their own religion, & their not like born again Christians, a lot of religions are that way, but still the question?? does anybody know that Patti was that way before she met Keith?
11th March 2008 12:20 PM
GotToRollMe Damn, for a second there I thought he was studying the Boo Hoo Bible: http://www.csp.org/chrestomathy/boo_hoo.html

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
11th March 2008 12:47 PM
moonies sperm
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Spoiler alert.

Actually the authors left it open-ended for possible sequels. And that's how we get low budget garbage like The Book of Mormon.

Please do NOT even get me started on Mormonism. I'm in a bad enough mood already today.
11th March 2008 12:58 PM
UGot2Rollme more info here - he's also writing songs!
-------------------------------------
Keith Richards turns a new page

By LIZ BRAUN - Sun Media

Keith Richards has been keeping busy writing his autobiography and some new songs.

Keef reads ... the good book?

In an interview yesterday with Sun Media for Shine A Light -- Martin Scorsese's concert film of The Rolling Stones, due in theatres April 4 -- guitarist Keith Richards said he has been reading the Bible.

No -- seriously.

"I read it sometimes, but it bores me to death," said Richards, 64, over the phone from the island where he's on holiday.

"I just want to know what other people find so bloody fascinating.

"Why are they all hung up about all that, 'In The Beginning' stuff? Ah, well. At least it is stable. It has said the same damn thing since I was a kid."

Richards, who really is an avid reader, happens to be writing his autobiography right now. "I'm doing this book with (British author) James Fox, Mr. White Mischief (best-selling book in 1982). They've paid me a f-----g fortune, sweetheart, so of course I'm writing it. And Foxy is me mate -- did you think I'd do the book with some a--hole, 30% off?"

He laughs.

"We're trying to put together an interesting tale, a narrative about what it might or might not be like to be a rock 'n' roll star over the last 40 or 50 years. Without giving too much away, of course, because we want volume two coming out."

He laughs again.

"We're just trying to make an interesting story out of it," says Richards, putting on a grim little voice, "without every chapter ending, 'And then I found out I only had 30 quid in the bank. And then I did this. And then that.' No! I'm trying to come out with a story, with a narrative. So I'm doing that."

He adds, "In my spare time."

Furthermore, says Richards, he's writing new songs.

"Because they pop out all the time without me even wanting them. Sometimes too many songs at once. Oh, shut up, you songs! Another one to work on!"

11th March 2008 01:43 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

Furthermore, says Richards, he's writing new songs.

"Because they pop out all the time without me even wanting them. Sometimes too many songs at once. Oh, shut up, you songs! Another one to work on!"

Cue the "Final Jeopardy!" theme music.
11th March 2008 02:20 PM
Jeep On the eight day, God created the Rolling Stones :

11th March 2008 02:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jeep wrote:
On the eight day, God created the Rolling Stones :

Love it!
11th March 2008 02:52 PM
Sister Morphine Not the first article saying Keith reads the Bible. I also read somewhere else he reads other 'good books' too, e.g. the Koran.

Well, although I find the Bible rather boring, I'm still fascinated by the idea of just reading it to find out why everyone seems to be so eager to know about the beginning. *lol*

Some nice Keith quotes in that second article btw.

"Shut up, you songs!" *lol*

Well, Keith, I hope you'll let us hear one or the other of them in the near future!!

But I must come back for a littile more,
Charli
12th March 2008 11:56 AM
the good
quote:
prism wrote:

What have the romans ever done for us?

"The aqueduct."
14th March 2008 03:43 PM
kovach
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Your probably right, I mean Roman Catholics has their own religion, & their not like born again Christians, a lot of religions are that way, but still the question?? does anybody know that Patti was that way before she met Keith?

I saw this on a Rolling Stone board, I believe it’s from Christopher Sandford’s “Keith Richards: Satisfaction.”

Richards married for the first and only time on his 40th birthday in 1983, and it probably saved his life. His bride was the 27-year-old Patti Hansen, a home-town girl from Staten Island, New York, and a devout Lutheran. His in-laws gave a startling interview in which they portrayed Keith as an ‘enthusiastic disciple of Christ’ and that he ‘embraced Christ as a way of life’. Under Patti’s influence, Richards cut back on drugs, attended church from time to time and even started a gentle exercise regime. ‘She’s a wonderful girl; I ain’t letting the bitch go!’ he confirmed in a speech at his wedding reception. Keith may have written ‘Sympathy For The Devil’ back when, but these days much of his life is spent with a woman who attends a weekly Bible study group and who won’t stand for swearing around the house.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)