ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "People Have The Power" at RRHOF Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th March 2007 04:03 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

well said jb

it was an average solo, and yes his and the band's best days are clearly behind them

Whose days arent?......anyway I thought it was good solo...better than most on the last tour.Perhaps sobriety helps...
20th March 2007 05:25 PM
Jumacfly mhh...well, Im not very convinced by the song, and Keef looks older an older. IMHO,He s playing once again the very mechanic and same solo, same riff and same notes for years and it s very sad...
Sort of "you got me rockin" but weaker...
I think he sounds awful on this one, I mean lame as many of his playing on the 2 last tours.
About the song and the players, I don t know half of those old and fat guys and I ve never liked Vedder's voice.

20th March 2007 06:26 PM
gimmekeef If folks are only using a Youtube clip to judge this ...they are missing the escence of the song.Played through a proper sound system its quite enjoyable and Keith plays well...Youtube is hardly a system to make acoustic assesments with...
20th March 2007 06:28 PM
Nellcote As I've said on too many threads, y'all gonna miss this when the lights go out....enjoy every lick is my battle cry...
20th March 2007 07:38 PM
texile i love it when keith shows everybody where the real shit is and it remains the stones.
the fact that stipe was looking on -
he's always been one of those pseudo-intellectual, elitist rockers who disdained the stones debauchery...
which was always funny to me since stipe's god, Patti, worships the stones.
a sweet moment.
20th March 2007 08:27 PM
Dear Doctor
quote:
texile wrote:
i love it when keith shows everybody where the real shit is and it remains the stones.
the fact that stipe was looking on -
he's always been one of those pseudo-intellectual, elitist rockers who disdained the stones debauchery...
which was always funny to me since stipe's god, Patti, worships the stones.
a sweet moment.

true, stipe has been quoted as saying the stones meant nothing to him, they all come around sooner or later I guess

I do like rem however, especially there early stuff
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)