ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "People Have The Power" at RRHOF Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th March 2007 02:48 PM
Mel Belli You'll wanna shoot yourself:

[Edited by Mel Belli]
19th March 2007 02:51 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
You'll wanna shoot yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktQV3DFVTc

What crap....worse than even GITD/ABB
19th March 2007 02:58 PM
Mel Belli However: Seeing Paul Schaffer give the hook to Stephen Stills -- whose reverb setting was apparently turned up to 11 -- was very satisfying. Even Keith's noodling sounded better.
19th March 2007 03:04 PM
ComeAsYouAre I liked it! Esp the parts with Stephen Stills and Keith and... Eddie Vedder.
19th March 2007 03:08 PM
72Tele I think its great. Keith has never sounded better. My favorite is the pure joy everyone gets on thier faces when the man takes his solo. Great guitar don't believe I have ever seen him with that one. I believe Keith was as sober as one can be on this night. My guess is you smucks don't like the premise of "People Have The Power" shame and I thought all but the dumbest of you righties had crawled back up each other tight assholes.
[Edited by 72Tele]
19th March 2007 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
72Tele wrote:
I think its great. Keith has never sounded better. My favorite is the pure joy everyone gets on thier faces when the man takes his solo. Great guitar don't believe I have ever seen him with that one. I believe Keith was as sober as one can be on this night. My guess is you smucks don't like the premise of "People Have The Power" shame and I thought all but the dumbest of you righties had crawled back up each other tight assholes.
[Edited by 72Tele]

Who cares about the Politics, from a strictly musical point of view, that was awful...
19th March 2007 03:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
72Tele wrote:
I think its great. Keith has never sounded better. My favorite is the pure joy everyone gets on thier faces when the man takes his solo. Great guitar don't believe I have ever seen him with that one. I believe Keith was as sober as one can be on this night. My guess is you smucks don't like the premise of "People Have The Power" shame and I thought all but the dumbest of you righties had crawled back up each other tight assholes.
[Edited by 72Tele]

Honestly, I thought the performance was a shambles - and I would've thought the same thing if they were playing "People Take A Shower."
19th March 2007 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Honestly, I thought the performance was a shambles - and I would've thought the same thing if they were playing "People Take A Shower."

100% correct...embarrassing to watch and listen to...
19th March 2007 03:35 PM
gimmekeef Sorry guys..I've got it on dvr....good sound on stereo..I think its great..Keith really plays well..Sound on Youtube sucks....
19th March 2007 04:05 PM
Saint Sway Keith sounded sharp on TV. Stills has clearly lost it though. Vedder & Stipes vocals were great. Ronnie Spector had to read a lyric sheet for the chorus.... though we should be thankful that she wasnt still reading her acceptance speech!

overall it was pretty good until Hagar took a huge dump on the song

this is what happens at the HOF jams - its a mixed bag bc most of the artists are over the hill.

thankfully, I got see Patti Smith live on St Pats being backed by musicians with killer talent!!
19th March 2007 06:19 PM
Dear Doctor it was ok, not much can be expected at such an imprompt event

clearly the awards have turned somewhat political, I did not know Mick's boyfriend Jann Wenner was part of the hall

that explains alot, Patti Smith is a huge pawn for the democrats. That song is played constantly at any rally she shows up at.
Her association with Wenner also tells you why she got in

the Dr knows what time it is
19th March 2007 06:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

the Dr knows what time it is

well its time you got your watch fixed since you're the idiot that thinks Gimme Shelter isnt an anti war song
19th March 2007 06:59 PM
Dear Doctor
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

well its time you got your watch fixed since you're the idiot that thinks Gimme Shelter isnt an anti war song

go fuck yourself asshole

you know shit about the Stones
you are a clueless Simpleton

I am not even going to expand on my Gimme Shelter thread, cause if you don't get it you never will

go back in your fucking hole you stupid fuck
scram

take another mushroom

douchebaG
hahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
19th March 2007 07:08 PM
pdog You guys could ruin a niggers picnic!
19th March 2007 07:41 PM
gotdablouse Wow,when was the last time Keith played like that ?! 1997 ? It seems like he's cleaning up ! What's next, writing songs again ? That would be the best news of the second half of the 00's !
19th March 2007 08:00 PM
GotToRollMe I thought Keith looked and sounded great!
Gimmekeef, check your PM.
19th March 2007 08:20 PM
LadyJane Keith is fucking rocking!!!
Always loved this song.

Vedder's voice is so damned strong.

Love the look on Michael Stipe's face as Lord Richards is soloing.

Thanks for posting, Mel.

And NO, I most certainly do not wish to shoot myself.

Nice tribute to Patti to have this played as the final jam.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
19th March 2007 08:34 PM
Nellcote Stephen Stills, gawd talk about eclipse!
Paul Schaefer (separated at birth with Stipe) just gave him the Abe Vigoda shoulder tap to get off the friggin stage for the MASTER, Keith! He should have got another run to play, WTF! I'm with LJ, my Beantown Tour buddy, any Keith sightings are masterful video. And, I will take the torment, bring it on, I for one do not tire of Sammy Hagar anytime. Now go ahead, slay me, however, I'll just have another tequila...
19th March 2007 08:37 PM
LadyJane Nelly...shhhhhh...don't tell anyone.

I like the Van Halen Sammy years better than DLR.

It'll be our lil secret, my Beantown Tour Guide.

LJ.
19th March 2007 09:18 PM
SweetVirginia I agree, LJ, I thought Keef rocked, and I noticed
Stipe's admiring look. Keith's night at the RRHOF was
good medicine for us. He spoke, looked and played
fantastic.

19th March 2007 10:40 PM
Dear Doctor Keith was clearly straight which is a good thing, and quite rare one.
Makes you wonder though, why, is he still recouperating from the fall, is alcohol maybe a thing of the past for him.

A few years back he was a mess inducting the sidemen
20th March 2007 12:31 AM
parmeda
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Stephen Stills, gawd talk about eclipse!
Paul Schaefer (separated at birth with Stipe) just gave him the Abe Vigoda shoulder tap to get off the friggin stage for the MASTER, Keith!

Nelly...why do they allow Schaefer to pollute this stage year after year? I wanted to vomit watching him scroll his ass around between greatness. He sickens me.
20th March 2007 01:33 AM
stonedinaustralia re keith's new healthy look - i watched the HOF press conference he gave and he looked and sounded like a new man

wouldn't mind betting that post palm tree incident his doctors or patti or both told him he'd pretty much used up all his nine lives and that he had to straighten up and fly right

which is great - at the press conference he was like the keith of old (i.e. before he got busted - more or less gave up the narcotics and then turned into an alcoholic) -articulate and thoughtful as opposed to incomprehensible and full of "tough guy" bluster

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
20th March 2007 08:45 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I like the Van Halen Sammy years better than DLR.

you're not the only one

20th March 2007 11:06 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

go fuck yourself asshole

you know shit about the Stones
you are a clueless Simpleton

I am not even going to expand on my Gimme Shelter thread, cause if you don't get it you never will

go back in your fucking hole you stupid fuck
scram

take another mushroom

douchebaG
hahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

wow!
congratulations crackerjack! I've been slammed at one time or another by just about everyone on this board at that was easily the weakest one yet.

What was your highest level of completed education? Third Grade??? Cause thats what you sound like.

since forming an intelligent response is obvioiusly beyond your capabilities, what I suggest you do next time is gather up some of the other crackerjacks in your mental ward and see if you can all put your pea brains together to At LEAST come up with some better curse words. "Fuck scram" just doesnt cut it around here. OK?

You're recklessly diving into the deep end with world class posters here when you clearly should only be allowed to wade in the kiddie pool with your floaters on and your mommy close by your side.
20th March 2007 11:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Aww fuck. I missed the whole fucking thing except Van Halen's induction. I did see that. Rock n Roll is just meaningless crap any way....but I like it. Beats politics.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th March 2007 12:09 PM
jb I don't care whether the song is political; the performance was terrible. Also, having seen the band over 50 times, I see no difference of Keith's playing....some of you seem mesmerized by the very innocuous solo he just played...it was average at best. Please don't allow your emotions to overtake your common sense. Keith is not getting better and will continue to decline.
20th March 2007 01:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't care whether the song is political; the performance was terrible. Also, having seen the band over 50 times, I see no difference of Keith's playing....some of you seem mesmerized by the very innocuous solo he just played...it was average at best. Please don't allow your emotions to overtake your common sense. Keith is not getting better and will continue to decline.

This traditionally happens when the Stones are not on the road and one of them performs. I recall the Ronnie Wood and Friends show before the ABB tour received a tremendous amount of "Best I've seen in years" comments. Aside from Mick joining them on "Dance Pt. 1", it was not much different from the debacle that was "Far East Man".

Eddie Vedder did sing/play very strong, and Keith fit well into the mix, but this was not a technical masterpiece (see: Time Waits for No One, around the 1:39 mark)
20th March 2007 01:31 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This traditionally happens when the Stones are not on the road and one of them performs. I recall the Ronnie Wood and Friends show before the ABB tour received a tremendous amount of "Best I've seen in years" comments. Aside from Mick joining them on "Dance Pt. 1", it was not much different from the debacle that was "Far East Man".

Eddie Vedder did sing/play very strong, and Keith fit well into the mix, but this was not a technical masterpiece (see: Time Waits for No One, around the 1:39 mark)

It was not good..the Spector woman was lost.
20th March 2007 03:50 PM
Dear Doctor
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't care whether the song is political; the performance was terrible. Also, having seen the band over 50 times, I see no difference of Keith's playing....some of you seem mesmerized by the very innocuous solo he just played...it was average at best. Please don't allow your emotions to overtake your common sense. Keith is not getting better and will continue to decline.

well said jb

it was an average solo, and yes his and the band's best days are clearly behind them
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)