ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Simon Cowell, bigger than Bruce Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th March 2007 03:27 PM
Mel Belli Or so he claims tonight's "60 Minutes." (Preview here: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml)

All I can say is, What's the world comin' to?!
18th March 2007 03:32 PM
_Boomy_

[Edited by _Boomy_]
18th March 2007 03:34 PM
Gazza Those high trousers he wears really seem to have cut off the blood supply to his brain.

Cowell's the same arrogant twat who said that if Pop Idol had been around years ago, people like Bob Dylan would never have got a record contract.

He really does think the sun shines out of his own arse and that he's some kind of saviour of popular music. In effect, he's the equivalent of a musical anti-christ.

God help us.

[Edited by Gazza]
18th March 2007 04:31 PM
mojoman jack bruce?
18th March 2007 05:06 PM
fireontheplatter i am sorry i ever read this thread.
18th March 2007 09:25 PM
glencar His manboobs are bigger than Bruce's!
18th March 2007 09:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
He really does think the sun shines out of his own arse and that he's some kind of saviour of popular music.

Well that's a bit harsh, innit?

After all, he did give us Il Divo.
19th March 2007 03:20 AM
Jakeb206 HEY SIMON!

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19th March 2007 10:06 AM
jb From a strictly economic view point, of course he is more valuable to Sony than Bruce, or any band for that matter. His tie in to Idol makes for a very profitable ownership of all of the Idol contestants, who, believe it or not, are selling millions of records..it is , a sad indictment, of how the recording industry basically has a monopoly on all "talent" . Cowell , whether you love him or hate him, is what makes the show, and he was already a huge source of revenue to Sony because of the earlier British Idol show.
19th March 2007 10:35 AM
gimmekeef This fuckwad...is the equivalent of a pro wrestling "manager"......think Freddie Blassie....or Jimmy Hart The Mouth of the South
19th March 2007 10:40 AM
jb I don't see why people dislike him...he is the only judge who actually 'tells it like it is", and makes the show entertaining. Randy "the dog" Jackson and Paula are boring..without him, the show would suck even worse than it already is. As far as his business acumen, it speaks for itself..the guy has made the label hundreds of millions of dollars, and has become extremely wealthy in his own right. His comment about Bruce was not a put down, but a fact. Moreover, the angry/bitter Lennon said he was bigger than Jesus!!! I think that was a lot more offensive than Simon's comment.

[Edited by jb]
19th March 2007 10:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man I like Simon Cowell. He’s a character and I just love his putdowns. Most of what he comes out with on Pop Idol is true. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in building up peoples hopes if they really are talent less. If he really did say that about Dylan though, you do have to wonder. The singer/songwriter scene is a different kettle of fish. I am surprised he made a statement like that. Dylan would never have gone in for a glorified karaoke competition!
19th March 2007 10:50 AM
glencar It's a shame what happened to Daughtry...
19th March 2007 10:52 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's a shame what happened to Daughtry...

His album has sold over 1 million(more than ABB)..don't feel too bad. Idol, like it or not, has paved the way for many (see Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aikens, etc). The only one that you don[;t hear to much about is Ruben Stoudard?
19th March 2007 11:00 AM
gimmekeef jb..the people you mentioned as Idol stars have added zippo to music and are just media creations feeding the masses....But hey people buy it...Hell 120,000 folks went yesterday south of me to see fancy colored cars go around in circles for 4 hours....so whose to say I guess?
19th March 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway the ego needs to hold off comparing himself to Springsteens popularity until he can sell out a dozen shows at Giants Stadium
19th March 2007 11:06 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

His album has sold over 1 million(more than ABB)..don't feel too bad. Idol, like it or not, has paved the way for many (see Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aikens, etc). The only one that you don[;t hear to much about is Ruben Stoudard?

Ruben is painting houses back in Bama.
19th March 2007 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ruben is painting houses back in Bama.

Clay Aiken finished second to him, but certainly has had more success..the song "Invisible" was embarrassing, but was a hit for him!!!
19th March 2007 11:09 AM
glencar Clay's been more embarrassed by those constant gay rumors. The "Claymates" still stand by him on the boards though.
19th March 2007 11:11 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
jb..the people you mentioned as Idol stars have added zippo to music and are just media creations feeding the masses....But hey people buy it...Hell 120,000 folks went yesterday south of me to see fancy colored cars go around in circles for 4 hours....so whose to say I guess?

agreed..but the show has remarkable ratings..usually over 25 million viewers!!! I think people are drawn to it b/c of Simon and the fact they have a vote...a real phenomena...
19th March 2007 11:13 AM
glencar Plus some of them can really sing well even if it's not those who end up winning.
19th March 2007 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Plus some of them can really sing well even if it's not those who end up winning.

Like it or not, they have found some talented pop singers...The two(2) African American singers left are very good....I do not see any real talent among the men left..
19th March 2007 11:17 AM
glencar Blake's good. I'm not into the beat box thing but he can sing & he's good on stage as far as pop singers go.
19th March 2007 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Blake's good. I'm not into the beat box thing but he can sing & he's good on stage as far as pop singers go.

Is he the Blonde guy who comes of very ....well you know.
[Edited by jb]
19th March 2007 11:20 AM
glencar ? He's the blonde guy but I'm not sure what yer hinting at.
19th March 2007 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
? He's the blonde guy but I'm not sure what yer hinting at.

ninea abs shae monkey
19th March 2007 11:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
From a strictly economic view point, of course he is more valuable to Sony than Bruce, or any band for that matter.

No he isnt. If it wasnt him doing that job, he could easily be replaced by someone else.
19th March 2007 11:24 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

ninea abs shae monkey

A Clay Aiken/Mario Vazquez situation?
19th March 2007 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No he isnt. If it wasnt him doing that job, he could easily be replaced by someone else.

I belive he was very successful in England long before the American Idol came on....he is certainly making Sony a ton of money....Bruce is great, but he is not a huge seller anymore..
19th March 2007 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
A Clay Aiken/Mario Vazquez situation?

You got it....the other guy allegedly did some obscene thing in a public restroom!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)