ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ulf's List: Check it Out Return to archive
18th March 2007 03:26 PM
gimmekeef http://user.bahnhof.se/~hasu/Ulflist/

Been a while since I've checked this out.Some cool stuff thats easy to download (yes mp3 but cool nontheless)..Scroll down to the bottom to the list...Enjoy Ulf is a great contributor to Stones music sharing!..Great list this week as always...
18th March 2007 03:41 PM
Mel Belli Thanks for the heads-up. ... The early mix of "Honky Tonk Women" is a fascinating listen. You get used to hearing a song a certain way, and as with so many Stones songs, it's always a revelation to hear how they evolved.

I had always assumed the intro as we know it was exactly how it was played; but that nip/tuck made all the difference. It's also interesting to hear the song without Taylor's overdubs, and even more so without the reverb on Mick's vocal track. Makes it all sound more "Let It Bleed"-y, somehow.

Oddly enough, I thought of something Lindsey Buckingham said of the way he worked with Stevie Nicks: that he turned her "songs" into "records." That's clearly what Jimmy Miller did with the Stones -- and exactly how that's done seems to me such a mysterious, even miraculous, thing sometimes.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
19th March 2007 11:35 AM
gimmekeef Just a caution...the Route 66 file is corrupt somehow...all others seem fine....
19th March 2007 11:50 AM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up. ... The early mix of "Honky Tonk Women" is a fascinating listen. You get used to hearing a song a certain way, and as with so many Stones songs, it's always a revelation to hear how they evolved.

I had always assumed the intro as we know it was exactly how it was played; but that nip/tuck made all the difference. It's also interesting to hear the song without Taylor's overdubs, and even more so without the reverb on Mick's vocal track. Makes it all sound more "Let It Bleed"-y, somehow.

Oddly enough, I thought of something Lindsey Buckingham said of the way he worked with Stevie Nicks: that he turned her "songs" into "records." That's clearly what Jimmy Miller did with the Stones -- and exactly how that's done seems to me such a mysterious, even miraculous, thing sometimes.
[Edited by Mel Belli]

Yes, this is one reason I liked Hustle & Flow. Even though it's about deplorable hip hop, it shows the creative process & truthfully, the end result isn't that bad.
19th March 2007 11:53 AM
_Boomy_ Love me some "Claudine".
19th March 2007 07:55 PM
gotdablouse Ulf's shared great stuff over the years for sure.
These "Clean Cuts" boots seem interesting, anyone got them to put them on the tracker ?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)