ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New round here, just sayin' high... Return to archive
18th March 2007 05:39 AM
elbowgeek I stumbled upon this forum whilst looking for Stones pics, and it seems y'all have a pretty cool community here.

Just wanna say that I think the Stones are the very embodiment of rock n roll and that Keef shares coolest guitarist honours only with Hendrix.

My much older brother got me into the Stones (and others) at a very young age, about six or seven, and I feel like they're a part of me. I play guitar in a band and have modeled my stage presence on that of the great Keef.

Hope to be yakkin' with everyone here pretty reg'larly now I've found ya.

Cheers
18th March 2007 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Welcome elbowgeek, great to have you here, enjoy the clinic, it helps!
18th March 2007 09:52 AM
fireontheplatter watch out for the bottom pincher....theres a bottom pincher from last night.
18th March 2007 10:12 AM
glencar High!
18th March 2007 10:51 AM
gimmekeef Welcome aboard...the asylum is always open....Glad to see new Stones fanatics droppin in...
18th March 2007 11:24 AM
nankerphelge Welcome.

Did you know that global warming has an impact on sheep?

It's true:

Climate change shifts sheep shape

Soay sheep live on a remote island in the Outer Hebrides
Climate change could have an impact on animal evolution and ecology, scientists believe.
A 20-year study of Scottish sheep found weather patterns were driving changes in body shape and population size.

Harsh winters led to larger sheep, which brought about changes in population size, yet in milder winters this effect was not seen.

The team says the study, published in the journal Science, is the first to connect these different factors.

"Until now, it has proven really quite difficult to show how ecology and evolutionary change are linked, but we have developed a way to tie them together," said Tim Coulson, an author of the paper and a scientist at Imperial College London.

Dr Coulson and colleagues did this by examining a population of Soay sheep on the island of Hirta in the Outer Hebrides.

"The reason we looked at these sheep is they have been studied in enormous detail. Where they live is like a natural laboratory - it is a really simple system - there is just sheep and grass on the island," Dr Coulson explained.

Reproductive success

The scientists looked at data recorded since 1985, analysing sheep population sizes and body measurements.

"To determine how ecology influences evolution and vice versa, an important step is to be able to see how population dynamics are influenced by traits such as body size or eye colour that are, in part, controlled by genes."

The researchers discovered body size was linked to animal numbers: when lots of large sheep came into the population, the numbers tended to fluctuate quite widely, possibly because body size is linked to reproductive success.

During harsh winters, bigger sheep were favoured

But the researchers also discovered the sheep's body size was in turn influenced by their environment.

"We used a measure of how bad the winters were in Scotland, and this has been changing over the duration of the study," said Dr Coulson.

During the harsher winters in the 1980s, the data showed big sheep were genetically favoured, he said.

"But over the years, winters have been getting a little bit better; and as winters have got better, we have found there is not as much natural selection for large animals as we saw in the past, as there is less advantage to being big."

He said the study revealed how environmental factors were driving evolutionary and ecological change, and predicted that as the climate changed, and winters became less frequently harsh, the sheep would get smaller and the population size would be more stable.

"People have argued for a long time that climate change is leaving an ecological legacy, but we have shown it will leave an evolutionary legacy too," he added.

18th March 2007 12:03 PM
CraigP Welcome! Enjoy the pessimism and optimism which makes Rocks Off
18th March 2007 12:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG Welcome to our fun loving dysfunctional family!!!
18th March 2007 12:38 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Welcome! Enjoy the pessimism and optimism which makes Rocks Off

Craig...lol..I musta missed the optimism...When did that nanosecond happen?
18th March 2007 12:46 PM
Kilroy Wecome, It's a great site.
18th March 2007 01:10 PM
stewed & Keefed Hello,big welcome from England.
18th March 2007 02:30 PM
pdog What's up, yo!
18th March 2007 05:22 PM
Jumacfly Welcome to the asylum!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)