ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dirty Work is the last genuine Stones album. Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th March 2007 11:01 AM
glencar DW came out right before I got a real job. It was noted for having that scthing pair of Mick/Keith interviews & it was obvious that there would be no tour. I loved Harlem Shuffle & I even liked the video at the time. I'm told it's racist but I just don't see that.
19th March 2007 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
DW came out right before I got a real job. It was noted for having that scthing pair of Mick/Keith interviews & it was obvious that there would be no tour. I loved Harlem Shuffle & I even liked the video at the time. I'm told it's racist but I just don't see that.

I never saw it as racist..the video was a bit embarrassing imo...Keith's hair was beginning to thin, and he wore that hat in the video. I did not care for Harlem Shuffle at all, as it did not rock, and was embarrassing as all the college kids were into the MTV crap then...One hit , Fight, Had it with you, and a few other decent songs...
19th March 2007 11:05 AM
glencar The guitars are best on the title track.
19th March 2007 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
I hold it from a good source (a friend who was on tow during these sessions) that they generally all had dinner together at the "Val d'Isère" restaurant before proceeding to Boulogne to record the DW, there was no fighting and everyone was pretty chummy it seems. He had told me that Charlie was "out of it", and at the time I thought it was from the booze, but in the meantime we've found out from the man himself that was, something, er...slightly stronger.

They did indeed regularly meet at Val d'Isere - nice little restaurant in Rue de Berri off the Champs Elysees, and directly opposite the Hotel Warwick, one of the hotels they regularly use for their crew, etc (and where I once met Bobby Keys). Unfortunately the restaurant is now gone, replaced by an African place. However, I'm not so sure that they regularly proceeded to Pathe Marconi together. The books of photos I've seen from then (some of which we used as headers a few months ago) sugest otherwise.

Relationships in Paris didnt seem as fractious as they appeared to be by the time they went to New York a couple of months later.
19th March 2007 11:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
DW came out right before I got a real job. It was noted for having that scthing pair of Mick/Keith interviews & it was obvious that there would be no tour. I loved Harlem Shuffle & I even liked the video at the time. I'm told it's racist but I just don't see that.

Only a paranoid idiot would see that cartoon as racist. Its a cartoon, its set in Harlem, so its quite natural that some of the characters portrayed would be er...black.
19th March 2007 11:08 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The guitars are best on the title track.

It has some nice guitar work...We tend to forget that at on e time, RW played a pretty decent lead...it seems like decades ago, and it was!!!
19th March 2007 11:10 AM
_Boomy_ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Work_(album)

19th March 2007 11:10 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

It has some nice guitar work...We tend to forget that at on e time, RW played a pretty decent lead...it seems like decades ago, and it was!!!

20 years +!
19th March 2007 11:11 AM
_Boomy_ I quite vividly remember the video with the "dancing cats" when I was a kid.

Didn't Paula Abdul have a video with a dancing cat?
19th March 2007 11:12 AM
glencar
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I quite vividly remember the video with the "dancing cats" when I was a kid.

MC Skat Cat!
19th March 2007 11:13 AM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I quite vividly remember the video with the "dancing cats" when I was a kid.

Yes...she had a few bigs hit in the late 80's or early 90's....married Emilio Estevez but sadly, did not work out. The Stones never made a decent video....The only one that I ever liked was "Love is Strong"....
19th March 2007 11:14 AM
glencar ASMB had a nice video!
19th March 2007 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
ASMB had a nice video!

A unknown Angela Jolie at the time...you are right, it is a decent video.
19th March 2007 11:15 AM
glencar Pauler Abdul has come so far but she's effing goofy!
19th March 2007 11:18 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pauler Abdul has come so far but she's effing goofy!

I find her harmless....do you think that Paula and Randy are making millions doing this ? I saw her selling her faux jewelry on HSN last week!!! Also, last night was watching the great Al Pacino in "Dog day afternoon", and the had the great 'Esteban" on HSN selling literally thousands of his guitars!!!
19th March 2007 11:18 AM
_Boomy_ The videos from the "Undercover" album were alright, but the music in them sounds like a 33 played at 45 RPM.

Kinda like the Chipmunks are playing "She Was Hot".

19th March 2007 11:19 AM
glencar What is this HSN of which you speak?
19th March 2007 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What is this HSN of which you speak?

Home Shopping Network...
19th March 2007 11:20 AM
glencar Oh! I never watch those channels. I have about 10 of them on my Dish. Pauler's selling crap there? 2 funny!
19th March 2007 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh! I never watch those channels. I have about 10 of them on my Dish. Pauler's selling crap there? 2 funny!

yes , a line of faux jewelry with inspirational messages on some pieces...they appeared to be selling well!!!
19th March 2007 11:23 AM
glencar There's no accounting for taste!
19th March 2007 08:15 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They did indeed regularly meet at Val d'Isere - nice little restaurant in Rue de Berri off the Champs Elysees, and directly opposite the Hotel Warwick, one of the hotels they regularly use for their crew, etc (and where I once met Bobby Keys). Unfortunately the restaurant is now gone, replaced by an African place. However, I'm not so sure that they regularly proceeded to Pathe Marconi together. The books of photos I've seen from then (some of which we used as headers a few months ago) sugest otherwise.

Relationships in Paris didnt seem as fractious as they appeared to be by the time they went to New York a couple of months later.

Good point, the pictures (my friend was on one with Mick that was cut in the header used here) that were posted a couple of months ago (by the way was there ever a "summary thread" ?) showed them in the daytime mostly but they would have normally started playing at night. Too bad no one ever documented these sessions in writing, the last "public" sessions really, other than he B2B sessions I guess.
19th March 2007 09:18 PM
oldkr it depends which stones you feel is the genuine stones. A case could be made for between the buttons being the last genuine album, or emotional rescue, or the current one.

For me Steel Wheels was the last genuine album. Voodoo was an attempt to break with tradition,B2B was their voodoo redux experiment. Bang is too new to be considered anything !

OLDKR
19th March 2007 11:25 PM
BILL PERKS THANKS FOR THE LONG OVERDUE ACCOLADES TO THE MALIGNED MASTERWORK.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)