ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RnR HOF tonight on VH1 Return to archive
17th March 2007 06:32 PM
LadyJane 9-11:30 EST.

Show to be rebroadcast immediately following.

This is regular VH1 and I'm sure it's been edited.

LJ.
17th March 2007 08:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
9-11:30 EST.

Show to be rebroadcast immediately following.

This is regular VH1 and I'm sure it's been edited.

LJ.

thanks for the heads up.
17th March 2007 08:47 PM
GotToRollMe You KNOW I would've forgotten it.
Bless ya, kid.
17th March 2007 10:01 PM
LadyJane An hour into the show and the Stones have had a prominent presence.

Keith..you slay me.

Patti Smith's speech was so eloquent. A gracious rebel showing a rarely seen emotional side.

Now can someone tell me why the FUCK Kid Rock is sitting with Ertegun's widow??!!!!!

LJ.
17th March 2007 10:03 PM
fireontheplatter i am missing this because i am listening to pink floyd here.
they usually replay it...don't they?

it is not very often i get to hear a roger waters show live.
17th March 2007 11:28 PM
tumbled
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
An hour into the show and the Stones have had a prominent presence.

Keith..you slay me.

Patti Smith's speech was so eloquent. A gracious rebel showing a rarely seen emotional side.

Now can someone tell me why the FUCK Kid Rock is sitting with Ertegun's widow??!!!!!

LJ.

Hmmm maybe it was her tablemate and not Ahmet why she looked so solemn and trying to keep the tears from bursting out...I see depression there...
18th March 2007 12:51 AM
GotToRollMe Oh MAN! I need to get an uncensored copy of this. I hadn't seen Patti's speech and performance on the webcast last week...WOW.
18th March 2007 01:04 AM
glencar Your wish is my command! I taped it tonight. I won't be able to watch it until Monday night at the earliest & I don't know if there are ads in tonight's showing.
18th March 2007 01:05 AM
glencar Yes, Patti Smith was eloquent & This Grandmaster Flash is eloquent but quite frankly, he doesn't belong. File under travesty!
18th March 2007 09:46 AM
fireontheplatter is it just me or does patti smith look like a guy...anyway.
i saw her do her speech and sing her two songs last night...she was awesome. i had never seen her perform 'live'.

i was determined to stay up and watch keith perform towards the end of the show. the wine made me tired and i fell asleep.
i can't deal with this hip hop grand master flash stuff. it iritates the heck out of me.
i enjoyed eddie vedders speech about rem. i don't like rem and why does that guy always have to do a karate chop looking move with his right hand near his head...?

i hope they re run it again this week so i can see keith richards
18th March 2007 10:13 AM
glencar Yes, Patti's speech was touching. Stipe has done the karate chop thing since Losing My Religion video, if not earlier.
18th March 2007 10:22 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

because Ahmet and Kid Rock were close, not just in business, but friends as well.....
18th March 2007 12:15 PM
CraigP I missed the damn broadcast

Here's Keith backstage press conference!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPYVUtQstEE
18th March 2007 03:52 PM
Martha Keef not only looked GREAT he PLAYED flawlessly! I could hear him soaring above the others at the finale.....I cried tears of joy!!!!!

I am now watching the reruns until I turn blue.

One Love,
MM
18th March 2007 05:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:
Keef not only looked GREAT he PLAYED flawlessly! I could hear him soaring above the others at the finale.....I cried tears of joy!!!!!

One Love,
MM

Yes Martha he nailed it....beeeaaauuuuuttttttyyyyyyyy....
18th March 2007 07:55 PM
CraigP 2 of my fav. people up there! Vedder and Richards!

R.E.M. ain't bad either

Gotta tape the re-runs.
[Edited by CraigP]
18th March 2007 08:35 PM
LadyJane I keep missing the jam session and have yet to see Keith play.

Dammit.

And in all fairness, I thought Michael Anthony AND Sammy Hagar were very very gracious inductees. A real shame that Alex Van Halen was NOT there to represent the family.

LJ.
18th March 2007 08:37 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I keep missing the jam session and have yet to see Keith play.

Dammit.

And in all fairness, I thought Michael Anthony AND Sammy Hagar were very very gracious inductees. A real shame that Alex Van Halen was NOT there to represent the family.

LJ.

keep an eye out on vh1...they usually re run it for a few days. i would bet it is on sometime this week. they did it twice in a row last night.
18th March 2007 09:07 PM
Spru
quote:
CraigP wrote:
2 of my fav. people up there! Vedder and Richards!

R.E.M. ain't bad either

Gotta tape the re-runs.
[Edited by CraigP]

I agree. Vedder is one of the most talented, incredible people in music. He deserves to be mentioned among the all-time greats.
18th March 2007 09:12 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Martha wrote:
Keef not only looked GREAT he PLAYED flawlessly! I could hear him soaring above the others at the finale.....I cried tears of joy!!!!!

One Love,
MM

Great to see him playing so well and enjoying himself.
19th March 2007 11:59 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I keep missing the jam session and have yet to see Keith play.

Dammit.

LJ.

I agree fully LJ. I thought Michael and Sammy handled things with tact and humility and I admire anyone who speaks with humility and graciousness.

Aretha kicked my head clean off....woah!

19th March 2007 01:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

because they were friends.

Kid sat with Ahmet at his table for like the last 5 years of the inductions
19th March 2007 02:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

because they were friends.

Kid sat with Ahmet at his table for like the last 5 years of the inductions

Thank you.

Jizzy already pointed out my faux pas.

LJ.
19th March 2007 02:20 PM
jb enough of this crap already....this was a stupid event with possibly the least talented inductees ever!!! Just b/c Keith went does not make it relevant....enough already !!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)