ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Battle of the Deep Cuts Return to archive
16th March 2007 08:09 PM
Riffhard So I'm on-the-air right now,and I have to do a segment called Friday Night Fights. This is where I play one cut against another cut. Then I go to the phones and take a vote as to who should win.

So I put it to youmy friends.

Tonight's fight.

Led Zep's-In The Light

vs
The Rolling Stones-Moonlight Mile

I gotta tell ya. I love both of these tunes. I gotta go with The Stones,and you?

Good battle,no?

Riffy
16th March 2007 08:26 PM
Gazza Moonlight Mile

You shoulda picked Kashmir from that Zep album. or maybe The Rover or Trampled Underfoot

Think I'll tune in now.....
[Edited by Gazza]
16th March 2007 08:28 PM
Nellcote RIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFY!~

Mile, however, if you want bone-crush the Zep, change directions, and slay 'em with CYHMK.....!!

WICKED PISSAHH!
16th March 2007 08:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Moonlight Mile

You shoulda picked Kashmir from that Zep album. or maybe The Rover or Trampled Underfoot

Think I'll tune in now.....
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah,but Kashmir isn't really that deep. So we shall see.

Riffy
16th March 2007 08:36 PM
Gazza Play the Stones or I'll make it known publicly that 19 months on, youre still the only DJ I've ever heard who has played "Sweet Neo Con" on air....

16th March 2007 08:37 PM
Nellcote Gazza, rounding the goal for the shot, he shoots, he scores!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!
16th March 2007 08:38 PM
Riffhard I have determined that once again Led Zeppelin appeals to the hormonally driven,post pubescent,beer swillin',thickheaded,fucktards. Not that I don't like them mind you,but it's just so frustrating to see Zep always get so much credit when they were such a shit live band. Page is the most overrated player ever. Ever!

Zep wins.

Whatever! There's no accounting for taste I guess.

Riffy
16th March 2007 08:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I have determined that once again Led Zeppelin appeals to the hormonally driven,post pubescent,beer swillin',thickheaded,fucktards.

Go on. Say that on air. Just for us....

Oddly enough as youre about to speak, the online connection has paused
[Edited by Gazza]
16th March 2007 08:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Play the Stones or I'll make it known publicly that 19 months on, youre still the only DJ I've ever heard who has played "Sweet Neo Con" on air....

No you didn't?! Oh myyyy goddd! How can I ever live down the shame of playing that shite song?!

Riffy
16th March 2007 08:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No you didn't?! Oh myyyy goddd! How can I ever live down the shame of playing that shite song?!

Riffy

Are you more embarrassed at having played it because a) of its content or b) because its shite
16th March 2007 08:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Are you more embarrassed at having played it because a) of its content or b) because its shite

Mainly because it's just pure drivel. The content is only slightly frustrating. They could have written a song which I hated for it's political message,but if it had been a good tune I would have admitted as much. We both know SNC is a pandering steaming pile of shite.

Riffy
16th March 2007 09:05 PM
fireontheplatter what exactly is a deep cut anyway?

would ..tuesdays gone...by sknyrd be considered one?
that is one of the deepest songs ever written.
16th March 2007 09:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what exactly is a deep cut anyway?

would ..tuesdays gone...by sknyrd be considered one?
that is one of the deepest songs ever written.

A deep cut is a song which does not get regular airplay on radio. An album cut for instance. Instead of playing Miss You I might play a deep cut like Lies.

Riffy
16th March 2007 09:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Mainly because it's just pure drivel. The content is only slightly frustrating. They could have written a song which I hated for it's political message,but if it had been a good tune I would have admitted as much. We both know SNC is a pandering steaming pile of shite.

Riffy

yep
16th March 2007 09:17 PM
fireontheplatter that is cool....lies doesn't really do it for me. i would rather here...when the whip comes down.
where do you dj?
16th March 2007 09:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
that is cool....lies doesn't really do it for me. i would rather here...when the whip comes down.
where do you dj?

95.9 WRAT
New Jersey
www.wrat.com

Yes,I agree Whip is a better song. I was just giving you an example. However,When the Whip Comes Down would be considered a deep cut as well.

Riffy
16th March 2007 09:36 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

95.9 WRAT
New Jersey
www.wrat.com

Yes,I agree Whip is a better song. I was just giving you an example. However,When the Whip Comes Down would be considered a deep cut as well.

Riffy

dude...you rule.
i heard that....thanks.
17th March 2007 03:17 AM
Fadeout_Freedom
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what exactly is a deep cut anyway?

See: Altamont
17th March 2007 05:07 AM
Zack [quote]Riffhard wrote:

95.9 WRAT
New Jersey
www.wrat.com

From Riffy's bio on wrat.com:

FAVORITE BANDS: THERE ARE NO BANDS..THERE ARE THE ROLLING STONES, AND THEN THE WORLD STOPPED.

That's just too fucking cool for words, dude.
17th March 2007 11:19 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:

See: Altamont

not so funny
17th March 2007 04:59 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I have determined that once again Led Zeppelin appeals to the hormonally driven,post pubescent,beer swillin',thickheaded,fucktards. Not that I don't like them mind you,but it's just so frustrating to see Zep always get so much credit when they were such a shit live band. Page is the most overrated player ever. Ever!

Zep wins.

Whatever! There's no accounting for taste I guess.

Riffy

Pull a Jann Wenner and recount....Stones Win!!!!!!!!
[Edited by gimmekeef]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)