ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great White vs The Black Crowes? Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th March 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
SUCK ON THIS!

that video make me never want to take x again
16th March 2007 05:13 PM
Dan
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Charms about 1/2 hour, Ian Hunter about an hour, The Zombies about 80 mins.

Thanks! Just doesn't seem like $50 but we will see how I feel when I get off work. Saw The Zombies for free a few years ago and was supposed to see Ian Hunter before Hanoi Rocks dropped off the tour.
16th March 2007 05:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Charms about 1/2 hour, Ian Hunter about an hour, The Zombies about 80 mins.

The Black Crowes THREE AND HALF HOURS

suck it!
16th March 2007 05:18 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

suck it!

I have inhaled their stench many times
16th March 2007 05:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

suck it!

That's just way too long for anybody to play. Great White wins at 30 mins each time (compared to 85 mins when I saw the Black Crowes).
16th March 2007 05:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I have inhaled their stench many times

"B&B with a little weed"
16th March 2007 05:29 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

"B&B with a little weed"

BO and Weed
16th March 2007 05:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

BO and Weed

yeah, that too
16th March 2007 06:32 PM
bigmac7895 Best band with a better sound and diversity- Black Crowes by a huge margin.

Best Zeppelin cover band- I'll give that to Great White. Chris Robinson doesn't have the chops to do Plant. The BC sounded great w/ Jimmy, but I remember an unplugged where Great White sounded as if they were Zeppelin.

Great White served there purpose, they helped bring us out of the "music funk" which I declared 1980-1985 to be. Guns and Roses, Great White and a few other hair bands linked us back to rock and having fun.

Now, when the Crowes hit in 1990- it was over. Athough critics say it was "Nirvana" and Pearl Jam that ended the era for hair bands- I have to attribute also getting back to what rock was originally about and that is what the Crowes did.
17th March 2007 12:07 AM
StarvinMarvin Black Crowes by a HUGE margin.
17th March 2007 12:32 AM
Throwaway

Ok this is for covers...

and for originials

17th March 2007 02:10 AM
Zack Isn't this entire thread just to pull Sway's chain?
17th March 2007 12:05 PM
Carol Sigmaringa The Crowes are the best!
17th March 2007 12:12 PM
glencar
quote:
Zack wrote:
Isn't this entire thread just to pull Sway's chain?

No, it was meant seriously. Sway did start a funny thread about GWAR v. Muppets in retaliation.
18th March 2007 01:40 PM
Bloozehound this threads gayer than an ian billien donkey show
18th March 2007 02:44 PM
pdog The Charms are pretty good IMO. I heard The Zombies are really boring live on this tour. Which sucks b/c they have a great setlist, but it's just damn boring....
18th March 2007 03:53 PM
wisertime
18th March 2007 04:01 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Crowes don't need pyro to burn the joint down

WORD. THankyou!
18th March 2007 05:04 PM
time is on my side
quote:
bigmac7895 wrote:
Best band with a better sound and diversity- Black Crowes by a huge margin.

Best Zeppelin cover band- I'll give that to Great White. Chris Robinson doesn't have the chops to do Plant. The BC sounded great w/ Jimmy, but I remember an unplugged where Great White sounded as if they were Zeppelin.

Great White served there purpose, they helped bring us out of the "music funk" which I declared 1980-1985 to be. Guns and Roses, Great White and a few other hair bands linked us back to rock and having fun.

Now, when the Crowes hit in 1990- it was over. Athough critics say it was "Nirvana" and Pearl Jam that ended the era for hair bands- I have to attribute also getting back to what rock was originally about and that is what the Crowes did.

One wonders while reading this, could this be Saint Sway disguised in the form of an alias??? Or is it just another clone??? One can only imagine the anguish, torture to have led him to make such a difficult and drastic decision. It must have been sad for him to see the Crowes, who were once going toe to toe with the Stones on this very board a few years ago, now slugging it out with Great White, of all bands, in a close contest.

Oh, the pain, suffering he must have endured seeing this happen. Could it be it was then that he decided to act and bring sanity, clarity to the situation before it got out of hand???? Is this when he decided to use an alias???We'll probably never really know for sure as it will be denied of course. Then again, this could be something that's only be in my own imagination. If so, let me apologize to all offended parties now.

Just curious. By the way, I would take the Crowes over Great White.
19th March 2007 01:24 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Charms are pretty good IMO. I heard The Zombies are really boring live on this tour. Which sucks b/c they have a great setlist, but it's just damn boring....

Thanks to Saint Sway's well wishes for a $20 show I thought it would be worth attempting after all, and I got in for $20! Zombies were good. Charms were supposed to go on at 8:00 but were already on and probably almost over when I walked in at 7:54. I was pretty ripped so I don't remember too much about them, it was only after picking up a 12 pack on the way home and going through most of it in short order that I decided maybe I would hit the show after all.
19th March 2007 01:26 PM
Saint Sway any Miss Piggy sightings at the show?
19th March 2007 02:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any Miss Piggy sightings at the show?

I don't even remember seeing any other people there. They were there, but just kind of a blur.

Great White is going to be on the Poison/Ratt tour this summer! When I get a free ticket I will have to be sure to go in early.
19th March 2007 03:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

Great White is going to be on the Poison/Ratt tour this summer! When I get a free ticket I will have to be sure to go in early.

yeah, I hear they got jobs working at the merch tables for Poison.

good for them
19th March 2007 03:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
bigmac7895 wrote:
Best Zeppelin cover band- I'll give that to Great White.

if Jimmy Page thought Great White was better, he'd of toured with them. Jimmys never bothered to step on stage with Great White. Probably thinks they suck ass like the rest of the free world does

behold:
19th March 2007 03:34 PM
Mel Belli I was looking for the "Tonight Show" clip of "The Wanton Song," but I guess NBC had it scrubbed.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)