ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Which of these two albums should I get(they aren't Stones albums) Return to archive
14th March 2007 03:20 PM
Jethrostone
The albums are:

Uriah Heep- Return To Fantasy
Thin Lizzy- Johnny The Fox

Which one should I get first?
14th March 2007 05:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Is this a trick question?
14th March 2007 05:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Is this a trick question?

broham, The Izzy's are headed your way! PA bound!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
14th March 2007 07:44 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Is this a trick question?

No! I just want to know which album everyone thinks I should get first. I'm having a hard time picking. I think I'm leaning towards Thin Lizzy, though.
14th March 2007 07:46 PM
Gazza Keep leaning. Harder....
14th March 2007 08:10 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Keep leaning. Harder....

LOL. I got a Heep album last month so I'll go with Lizzy. If anyone wants to change my mind, go ahead.
14th March 2007 08:16 PM
Gazza Dont hold your breath waiting....
14th March 2007 08:45 PM
BuckBuckBucky MIght as well get both.The Uriah can't be more than 99 cents and Lizzy not much more.
14th March 2007 08:48 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
BuckBuckBucky wrote:
MIght as well get both.The Uriah can't be more than 99 cents and Lizzy not much more.

I'll be getting it through Itunes.

Johnny the Fox is $8.91.

Return To Fantasy is $9.99
14th March 2007 11:11 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Get any (or all) of Izzy Stradlin's solo albums off of iTunes. What Exile on Main St. would have sounded like if it had been recorded 30 years later. These albums rock!
15th March 2007 12:47 AM
Brainbell Jangler Neither. Try the first Ramones album or either "Fun House" or "Raw Power" (or both) by the Stooges.
15th March 2007 01:32 AM
pdog Anything by The Brian Jonestown Massacre
16th March 2007 03:16 AM
TALK IS CHEAP Definitely the Thin Lizzy album, for sure.
16th March 2007 10:44 AM
_Boomy_ Get "The Chronic" instead.
16th March 2007 11:18 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anything by The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Can you get "99 Problems" for 99 cents?
16th March 2007 11:22 AM
White House Lawn "Der Bingle" is always a good choice!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=14119494&s=143441

All kidding aside, I actually bought the above--and it ain't bad! LOL
16th March 2007 11:34 AM
fireontheplatter neither one.
save your money.
16th March 2007 11:34 AM
Saint Sway buy every Humble Pie recording known to man
16th March 2007 02:25 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
buy every Humble Pie recording known to man

This is quality advice.

16th March 2007 06:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jethrostone wrote:

The albums are:

Uriah Heep- Return To Fantasy
Thin Lizzy- Johnny The Fox

Which one should I get first?

Return to Fantasy is a great album, get it first. John Wetton from King Crimson replaced Gary Thain in that one; is a fantastic album, HIGH-ly recommended to listen high, no no that high... HIGHER!
16th March 2007 06:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you're gonna but a Humble Pie album buy "Performance" one of the best live albums ever recorded

If you insist in a studio album buy Rock On and "Humble Pie" (is not the first album, is the one with "Live with me" but not stones related)
16th March 2007 07:02 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anything by The Brian Jonestown Massacre

One of the few truly standout performances out of thousands that I can remember. As the worst show I have ever seen!
16th March 2007 07:54 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Neither. Try the first Ramones album or either "Fun House" or "Raw Power" (or both) by the Stooges.

I agree or any Iggy Pop.
17th March 2007 01:43 AM
vox12string Check your PM, Jethrostone.
17th March 2007 01:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Return to Fantasy is a great album, get it first. John Wetton from King Crimson replaced Gary Thain in that one; is a fantastic album, HIGH-ly recommended to listen high, no no that high... HIGHER!

BTW, my recommendations comes from somone who has both albums, and that's me
17th March 2007 07:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yo Sway!

Got my Izzy's tix.

Imma ready ready ready to rock and roll...
17th March 2007 10:08 PM
Jethrostone Thanks everyone. I got Johnny the Fox today. It's pretty good. I'll get Return to Fantasy soon and I think I'll like that one even more! I got the Lizzy album first because I was desperate for some new stuff. I've listened to Jailbreak so many times. I'll get Uriah Heep very soon. Also, I don't use download sites. I used Limewire 2 years ago and it gave me so many viruses.For Heep fans, my next two Heep albums will be Return to Fantasy and High And Mighty. I'm trying to collect all the albums by each of these great bands just one album at a time!
17th March 2007 10:10 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

I agree or any Iggy Pop.

Yeah. Itunes has the first Stooges album for $11.99 but if you just get the real album minus the bonus tracks, it's much cheaper. He does sound interesting. I believe he and Alice Cooper both came from Michigan.
17th March 2007 10:12 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
If you're gonna but a Humble Pie album buy "Performance" one of the best live albums ever recorded

If you insist in a studio album buy Rock On and "Humble Pie" (is not the first album, is the one with "Live with me" but not stones related)

Humble Pie are really interesting. Thanks for the suggestions. I heard that Performance is a great album. Peter Frampton left them shortly before that album was released from what I heard.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)