ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does anyone know Mick's favorite song? Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th March 2007 03:24 PM
Bitch MICK's favorite song is Gimme Shelter. He said it was the most perfectly written and has the best musical style of all the RS songs. I believe it's in the red book According to The Rolling Stones.

I said war, children, it's just a shot away. I said love sister, it's just a kiss away, kiss away kiss away

Fvcking brilliant!
14th March 2007 03:37 PM
mojoman i wanna hold your man
15th March 2007 02:37 AM
souldoggie I've read where Mick was a HUGE Stevie Wonder fan in the day. He loved Stevie's song writing.
I also remember reading an old fanzine from I believe 1965, where each band member was asked to name their favorite single from that year. Mick nominated "Uptight" by Stevie Wonder, Charlie chose "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck, and I can't remember the other three answers. I have the magazine somwhere, buried in a box.
15th March 2007 06:42 PM
Paranoid_Android The way he has to play it EVERY effin show...START ME UP...if they were to retire that song yesterday...it's still not soon enuff for me
15th March 2007 09:03 PM
texile
quote:
Mahatma Kane Jeeves wrote:
Miss You!

that's one of the few songs jagger has actually spoken favorable of...
15th March 2007 10:12 PM
mojoman i heard he prefers warhorses
15th March 2007 10:15 PM
gotdablouse Possibly because it was one of his last (biggest ?) hit ?

He did say in 1978 he'd knocked it off during a rehearsal though. We found out since that it was at the El Mocambo with Billy Preston.

I don't think Mick has very high standards, at the end of the day he likes whatever works commercially. At least since the golden era of 68/72.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
15th March 2007 10:47 PM
glencar
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I've read where Mick was a HUGE Stevie Wonder fan in the day. He loved Stevie's song writing.
I also remember reading an old fanzine from I believe 1965, where each band member was asked to name their favorite single from that year. Mick nominated "Uptight" by Stevie Wonder, Charlie chose "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck, and I can't remember the other three answers. I have the magazine somwhere, buried in a box.

That must be worth at least $20!
16th March 2007 04:06 AM
albert Money - Pink Floyd??

17th March 2007 12:42 PM
Paranoid_Android Tiny Bubbles
17th March 2007 10:21 PM
Bruno
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I've read where Mick was a HUGE Stevie Wonder fan in the day. He loved Stevie's song writing.

In 1974 (or 76, can´t temember) Mick came to Brazil and was a guest on a radio show. He chose a few songs and introduced them. One of those songs was Stevie Wonder´s version of "We Can´t Work It Out" which he said was better than the original by The Beatles. He also chose "Bennie And The Jets" by Elton John, which he said was one of the few EJ songs he liked.

The story is in the great book called "Da Descoberta À Conquista - As Aventuras Dos Rolling Stones No Brasil", written by Nélio Rodrigues.
[Edited by Bruno]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)