ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: etix reply for Aussies Return to archive
21st March 2006 12:39 PM
Daethgod To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: Urgent - tix confirm please

Hi Michael here is all the info

Can u confirm if the tix WILL arrive at my address b4 the shows ?
I may have a prob picking the Sydney ones up on the day of the show as the
tix were not purchased on my credit card.

------------------------

here is reply :

Yes they will the show is almost a month away. We will send an e-mail when the tickets are posted.

------------------------

well the show is 21 days away, so they better hurry up !

[Edited by Daethgod]
21st March 2006 12:52 PM
Break The Spell It looks as if the fine folks at RS.com are stinking it up all over the world now. You'd think that after all this time they'd learn how to do business.
21st March 2006 05:04 PM
exile
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Yes they will the show is almost a month away. We will send an e-mail when the tickets are posted.

Yes Im sure it will be fine.
21st March 2006 05:52 PM
Daethgod well they have 6 days to get them tickets into my mail box

21st March 2006 05:53 PM
Daethgod http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/stones australian ticket mix-up_21_03_2006

what the ?

21st March 2006 05:58 PM
pdog Call ultrastar...ASAP!
21st March 2006 06:04 PM
Daethgod i just got etix reply :

"Tickets will be sent by our local office we will send you an e-mail when posted. We will keep an eye out for problems, thanks for alerting us."

i emailed back asking for the details of their local Australian office

21st March 2006 06:05 PM
Daethgod just rang Ultrastar

'customer service is closed ..'

dropped em an email too last night

21st March 2006 06:08 PM
Daethgod got reply re my ' what is Aussie etix contact details' query :

"Sorry, contact is through this e-mail. There is nothing anyone can do to hurry the process. I can guarantee you that it is in everyone's best interest to get the tickets to you as soon as possible. "

what the ?

21st March 2006 06:28 PM
Daethgod just spoke to Dainty office and was pawned off onto their website email link.
Sent this :

Re my phone call this morning.

Myself and fellow Stones fans are getting worried re the arrival of our tix through the fan club.
After spending $100US per membership, then the debacle that was the passcode problem on ppresale, then being slugged a whopping $47.70 PER $395 ticket, and a $5 ordering fee, mine and others tickets have still not been delivered.

We are hearing that some Japanese fans are having similar probs, with some now 6 days away from their shows and still not having tix.

Etix promised ticket delivery 14 days from the show date.

That is next Tuesday.

Can anyone confirm that I will get my tickets in the mail as promised ?

I dread the thought of hitting Sydney with no tix, and having to queue up with hundreds of fans to get our already ‘fee increased’ tix, ( if they infact are there) and then re-queueing to enter the show.

All we want is what we have paid for.

Visa buyers and general sale buyers already have tickets in their hands.

I cant work out why us fan club members are being treated so poorly.

Massive ‘convenience’ fees, joining fees, and NO tix, and the stress of not really knowing what is going on.

To be honest , as much as I hate scalpers, front row tix on ebay are cheaper than my ‘fee excessive’ fan club tix and I could have them IN MY HAND.

I applaud the Dainty organization for bringing out the worlds greatest rock band, and I understand the tour was put together in a hurry, but no-one is giving us any concrete answers re the arrival of our tix.

I have been in contact with support at rs.com, etix.com and ultrastar.com – and I keep getting ‘generic sounding’ answers.

The latest (today) are as follows :

Me : Can u confirm if the tix WILL arrive at my address b4 the shows ?

Etix support : Yes they will the show is almost a month away. We will send an e-mail when the tickets are posted.
-----------------

Me : As the show is now 20 days away, do the tix get sent from the US or Australia ?
I spoke to our local ticketing agent who are selling tix, ticketek, who know nothing about etix, and who are having probs printing the tickets.
See this news story :
http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,18548092-10431,00.html
so, just to be clear :
Tickets WILL be sent by mail to my address NEXT WEEK ( next Tues is 14 days before shows)
And I will receive an email from ETIX informing me that the tickets are on their way.
Sorry to be sounding so anal, but I want to make this clear, and I will pass the news onto the Aussie fans who are posting on boards re their tix.
Thanks again

Etix support : Tickets will be sent by our local office we will send you an e-mail when posted. We will keep an eye out for problems, thanks for alerting us.
--------------------------
Me : Thanks Michael
Do u have contact details for your local office in Australia ?
Thanks again

Etix support : Sorry, contact is through this e-mail. There is nothing anyone can do to hurry the process. I can guarantee you that it is in everyone's best interest to get the tickets to you as soon as possible.
---------------------------

You can see frustrated Aussies and their thoughts at these boards :

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/index.php

http://www.rollingstones.com/members/community/mboard/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=tixxAndShows&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0

Thanks again for bring the band out, and thanks heaps for reading my rambling email ..

21st March 2006 06:57 PM
Daethgod just got Dainty response :

"The fan club tickets are being done locally - rest assured the wheels are in motion they sent payment earlier this week so they are being dispatched at the moment
Let's give it until the end of next week - if you still have not got them in your sweaty little palm please let me know.
Thanks mate"

YES !!!

21st March 2006 06:59 PM
pdog Everything I can cross, is crossed for you... It's enough anxiety getting the tix purchased online, when they throw in the bullshit of actually having a hard tix in hand, I'd be a mess...
21st March 2006 07:11 PM
Mottrush
" end of next week" sounds promising Daeth. Glad the tickets aren't coming from the States!

But for f..ks sake these arseholes will have had our money for a month by then!

Mottrush
21st March 2006 07:13 PM
Daethgod yep best news so far !

21st March 2006 07:28 PM
StickyFishFingers well done Daeth, your efforts are much appreciated buddy.

In the meantime check out this link to an article on ETix that appeared on 2 March in the Charleston Post & Courier. It features an interview with ETix Vice President, his comment are quite insulting considering the massive stuff up by his organisation with the ticket distribution for the Japan & Australia show.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/default_pf.aspx?newsID=73511

especially this bit:

"And if you think that's all McMillan's company does, you'd be sorely mistaken. Not only does etix.com have to find you a seat, it also has to verify credit card information, mail or have you print your ticket (tickets can be printed from a standard printer), collect the money and pay the artist and then the venue. If anything goes wrong, it's on etix.

"The reason people use us is because we take care of all of that stuff," McMillan explained"

21st March 2006 07:30 PM
exile
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
they are being dispatched at the moment
Let's give it until the end of next week - if you still have not got them in your sweaty little palm please let me know.Thanks mate"

This sounds very promising
21st March 2006 08:43 PM
RSRTG Well done Daeth! Myself and Gumboot applaud your efforts!
21st March 2006 11:59 PM
ozstones I got a similar reply today from etix.

Time now to put on Exile On Main Street, partake of your favourite blend and chill out until the tickets arrive.

Where is everyone planning to meet up. I am coming from Adelaide and will be going to both shows.

Cheers

Andrew
22nd March 2006 07:13 AM
corgi37 Welcome Ozstones. Meeting up? That is the million dollar question. I'm going to Sydney (from Melb) and have fuck all time prior to the show. I'll just look around, sell my ass at the fountain for awhile, then catch a ferry to the stadium, hopefully with my brother and soul mate Daethgod.

Afterwards, i dont know, but am open to ideas. Exile is from Sydney. But, he wants to go to some out of the way, Godforsaken place. Meeting up is something we'll work on as the time nears. Drinking afterwards to discuss the finer points simply HAS to happen.

But, gotta get our fucking tickets first!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)