ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jesus F-ing Christ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st March 2006 02:42 PM
pdog I love this pic

21st March 2006 02:43 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

" BUSH TAKES ON PRESS AND HELEN THOMAS TOO
Tue Mar 21, 2006 13:34:11 2006

Helen Thomas, who in January grumbled that President Bush was a "coward" for not calling on her at a press conference, today was granted a question for the first time in several years. The doyenne of the White House press corps, who once called Bush the worst president in U.S. history, seized her chance with gusto, essentially debating Bush instead of questioning him. Here's the transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: Helen. After that brilliant performance at the Grid Iron, I am -- (laughter.)

Q: You're going to be sorry. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: Well, then, let me take it back. (Laughter.)

Q: I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth -- what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil -- quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?

THE PRESIDENT: I think your premise -- in all due respect to your question and to you as a lifelong journalist -- is that -- I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong, Helen, in all due respect --

Q: Everything --

THE PRESIDENT: Hold on for a second, please.

Q: -- everything I've heard --

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, excuse me. No President wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. We -- when we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people. Our foreign policy changed on that day, Helen. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy. But we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life. And I'm never going to forget it. And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.

Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy. And that's why I went into Iraq -- hold on for a second --

Q: They didn't do anything to you, or to our country.

THE PRESIDENT: Look -- excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second. They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where al Qaeda trained --

Q: I'm talking about Iraq --

THE PRESIDENT: Helen, excuse me. That's where -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where they trained. That's where they plotted. That's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.

I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically. That's why I went to the Security Council; that's why it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed. And the world said, disarm, disclose, or face serious consequences --

Q: -- go to war --

THE PRESIDENT: -- and therefore, we worked with the world, we worked to make sure that Saddam Hussein heard the message of the world. And when he chose to deny inspectors, when he chose not to disclose, then I had the difficult decision to make to remove him. And we did, and the world is safer for it.

Q: Thank you, sir. Secretary Rumsfeld -- (laughter.)

Q: Thank you.

THE PRESIDENT: You're welcome. (Laughter.) I didn't really regret it. I kind of semi-regretted it. (Laughter.)

Q: -- have a debate.

THE PRESIDENT: That's right. Anyway, your performance at the Grid Iron was just brilliant -- unlike Holland's, was a little weak, but -- (laughter.)

Developing... "

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

Ol' Bushie is still looking all over Iraq for them WMD's while Osama is still at large. Could it be him trying to finish up what his daddy couldn't and trying to use 9-11 to justify it?? Sadly, this makes many Americans feel unsafe to travel to other countries, seeing as how they hate us so much anymore.
21st March 2006 02:46 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I am not equipped to do that...................>

Your only flaw!
21st March 2006 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Your only flaw!

dont forget the twitching and subpar attendance at Houston-Miami game of Dolphins 1972 Season
21st March 2006 03:10 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

dont forget the twitching and subpar attendance at Houston-Miami game of Dolphins 1972 Season

73, 878
21st March 2006 03:18 PM
Jaxx that was one awesome piece of video. my only regret is that you did not have on the ROCKS OFF T-Shirt, but sported shidoobee instead. great vocals and congrats on your weight loss. you go guy.
21st March 2006 03:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
that was one awesome piece of video. my only regret is that you did not have on the ROCKS OFF T-Shirt, but sported shidoobee instead. great vocals and congrats on your weight loss. you go guy.

thanks....I wore the RO shirt to alternative shows, but it is a sleeveless shirt and it was just too damn cold that day....dont worry, I am out representing RO many times!
21st March 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
73, 878

wide open

that was a road game at KC: see below:

During the 1972 season, Dolphins linebacker Nick Buoniconti teammates joked about a perfect season. "Which game are we going to lose?" they asked. "Nobody goes undefeated."

A few have come close. The Bears in 1934, went 13-0 during the regular season, only to lose 30-13 in the Championship Game to the Giants. Eight years later, the Bears won all 11 regular season games but fell to the Redskins in the title game. Four other teams in NFL history were unbeaten, but not untied.

Miami had reached the Super Bowl in the previous season, but had been outclassed by Dallas 24-3. Even though the Dolphins had many stars on their offense with Bob Griese at QB, Paul Warfield at WR, and a trio of RB's that included Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and Mercury Morris, the defense was named the "No-Name Defense", due to the lack of the same.

Additionally, Griese had been lost during week five for the remainder of the season. That left matters up to 38 year old backup, Earl Morrall, to take charge.

During the AFC Championship game, they rallied to defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 21-17. Even so, they entered the Super Bowl as underdogs against the Washington Redskins. "That was the final straw," Csonka said.

The SuperBowl ended with Miami victorious at 14-7.

"If another team is good enough to go undefeated, more power to them," says Bob Griese. Griese returned to lead the Dolphins in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl. "We will always be the first to have done that, which nobody can take away."

Several years later, the 1985 Bears again were undefeated far into the season. Meeting the Dolphins on a Monday night game, the Bears found the Dolphins past and present too much to overcome. (The sidelines included the likes of Griese, Csonka, Warfield, etc., and over 20 other '72 Dolphins)
The Dolphins quickly went ahead 28-0, and stopped the Bears winning streak at 11.

1972 Dolphins Schedule

Date Opponent Score Attendance

09/17/72 at Kansas City 20-10 78,736
09/24/72 Houston 34-13 75,069
10/01/72 at Minnesota 16-14 45,766
10/08/72 at New York Jets 27-17 61,720
10/15/72 San Diego 24-10 78,212
10/22/72 Buffalo 24-23 78,175
10/29/72 at Baltimore 23- 0 59,303
11/05/72 at Buffalo 30-16 45,659
11/12/72 New England 52- 0 78,148
11/19/72 New York Jets 28-24 78,166
11/27/72 St. Louis 31-10 78,190
12/03/72 at New England 37-21 60,144
12/10/72 at New York Giants 23-13 62,728
12/16/72 Baltimore 16- 0 78,202
21st March 2006 03:28 PM
jb Your misinformation was humilaiting...........we filled the stadium and unlike japan/Holland 2/Aussie stadium/Germany,etc...........
21st March 2006 03:31 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
that was one awesome piece of video. my only regret is that you did not have on the ROCKS OFF T-Shirt, but sported shidoobee instead. great vocals and congrats on your weight loss. you go guy.

Hello baby Jaxx...........hope you are well as we have not seen you since New York walking back to my hotel+++++++++++++++++++++++>
21st March 2006 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Your misinformation was humilaiting...........we filled the stadium and unlike japan/Holland 2/Aussie stadium/Germany,etc...........

sadly, you made the error, only 75K at home opener...capacity 78K
21st March 2006 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

sadly, you made the error, only 75K at home opener...capacity 78K

Under construction for 1st game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st March 2006 03:40 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
we have not seen you since New York walking back to my hotel+++++++++++++++++++++++>

hola! time sure flies. this is the first posting i've done since i've been back from that trip. sure was a shock seeing you in that crowd leaving the venue on that friday night. you should have joined me and gazza at bb kings. we had a blast.
21st March 2006 03:45 PM
pdog Jaxx is a sweetheart... Can't wait until the next time in NYC.
21st March 2006 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

hola! time sure flies. this is the first posting i've done since i've been back from that trip. sure was a shock seeing you in that crowd leaving the venue on that friday night. you should have joined me and gazza at bb kings. we had a blast.

Parental obligations precluded my attendance.....but nonetheless, nice seeing you 'all.
21st March 2006 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Parental obligations precluded my attendance.....but nonetheless, nice seeing you 'all.

21st March 2006 04:07 PM
Jaxx yes. i remember your young lad.my first rule: NEVER bring the children on a "pro party tour" as you never know what may happen! it was great to see everyone. what a great group to be part of. i was too overwhelmed and probably overly chibatized. i'm sorry i was tongue tied when i met you pdog.
21st March 2006 04:09 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

beleive it or not, I find her attractive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st March 2006 04:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
yes. i remember your young lad.my first rule: NEVER bring the children on a "pro party tour" as you never know what may happen! it was great to see everyone. what a great group to be part of. i was too overwhelmed and probably overly chibatized. i'm sorry i was tongue tied when i met you pdog.

You're pretty and smiled at me...

21st March 2006 04:11 PM
jb I did not pleasure myself that evening.............?
21st March 2006 04:13 PM
voodoopug

PLUS

EQUALS
quote:
jb wrote:

beleive it or not, I find her attractive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by voodoopug]
21st March 2006 04:13 PM
Jaxx
quote:
pdog wrote:

You're pretty and smiled at me...

well thanks! but pretty wasted is probably more accurate! i looked like a transvestite in the photos i saw of myself. and yeah, i was smiling a mile. who wouldn't in a preconcert crowd like THAT with a stones show just ahead?
21st March 2006 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

well thanks! but pretty wasted is probably more accurate! i looked like a transvestite in the photos i saw of myself. and yeah, i was smiling a mile. who wouldn't in a preconcert crowd like THAT with a stones show just ahead?

I was completely straight(see Keith at El Macambo 1977).
21st March 2006 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I was completely straight(see Keith at El Macambo 1977).

When you walk through a storm
Keep your head held high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
21st March 2006 04:20 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

When you walk through a storm
Keep your head held high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

http://aolsvc.weather.aol.com/main.adp?location=USFL0112
21st March 2006 08:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Holy mother of God!!!

With that "subject title" jb gave to this thread I was about to skip it but now that was a fun video and if my perception of Voodoopug was as a cool guy that is cooler than cool.

Fuck yeah! You rock baby

Less pounds and more rock!!
21st March 2006 08:10 PM
pdog Pug looks great too...
One of my favorite posters... Now he is also a role model.
21st March 2006 08:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So that video motivated to loss weight! Well, that was the reason I removed the "Some girls rendition" performed by TomL and myself, if we watch it again we're gonna avoid al those fascinating altered states
22nd March 2006 06:54 AM
chevysales
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

wide open

that was a road game at KC: see below:

During the 1972 season, Dolphins linebacker Nick Buoniconti teammates joked about a perfect season. "Which game are we going to lose?" they asked. "Nobody goes undefeated."

A few have come close. The Bears in 1934, went 13-0 during the regular season, only to lose 30-13 in the Championship Game to the Giants. Eight years later, the Bears won all 11 regular season games but fell to the Redskins in the title game. Four other teams in NFL history were unbeaten, but not untied.

Miami had reached the Super Bowl in the previous season, but had been outclassed by Dallas 24-3. Even though the Dolphins had many stars on their offense with Bob Griese at QB, Paul Warfield at WR, and a trio of RB's that included Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and Mercury Morris, the defense was named the "No-Name Defense", due to the lack of the same.

Additionally, Griese had been lost during week five for the remainder of the season. That left matters up to 38 year old backup, Earl Morrall, to take charge.

During the AFC Championship game, they rallied to defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 21-17. Even so, they entered the Super Bowl as underdogs against the Washington Redskins. "That was the final straw," Csonka said.

The SuperBowl ended with Miami victorious at 14-7.

"If another team is good enough to go undefeated, more power to them," says Bob Griese. Griese returned to lead the Dolphins in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl. "We will always be the first to have done that, which nobody can take away."

Several years later, the 1985 Bears again were undefeated far into the season. Meeting the Dolphins on a Monday night game, the Bears found the Dolphins past and present too much to overcome. (The sidelines included the likes of Griese, Csonka, Warfield, etc., and over 20 other '72 Dolphins)
The Dolphins quickly went ahead 28-0, and stopped the Bears winning streak at 11.

1972 Dolphins Schedule

Date Opponent Score Attendance

09/17/72 at Kansas City 20-10 78,736
09/24/72 Houston 34-13 75,069
10/01/72 at Minnesota 16-14 45,766
10/08/72 at New York Jets 27-17 61,720
10/15/72 San Diego 24-10 78,212
10/22/72 Buffalo 24-23 78,175
10/29/72 at Baltimore 23- 0 59,303
11/05/72 at Buffalo 30-16 45,659
11/12/72 New England 52- 0 78,148
11/19/72 New York Jets 28-24 78,166
11/27/72 St. Louis 31-10 78,190
12/03/72 at New England 37-21 60,144
12/10/72 at New York Giants 23-13 62,728
12/16/72 Baltimore 16- 0 78,202

would have been the perfect ending... superbowl at 14-0 to match the perfect season but garo never threw much .

on another note i see nick buinoctti got 10 mil yesterday for his miami project... kudos to gloria estafan.

very cool video and great job shedding the pounds... gets much harder as we get older.
[Edited by chevysales]
22nd March 2006 07:14 AM
corgi37 I've tried like hell, but cant get it to work.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)