ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Holland horrific sales Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st March 2006 08:58 AM
blackandblue Seems the magic has gone in Holland too. One concert so far in the Amsterdam ArenA. That's all. In former years they sold out 5 or 6 concerts easily on Dutch soil.
21st March 2006 09:00 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
One concert so far in the Amsterdam ArenA. That's all.

???
21st March 2006 09:10 AM
Madafaka Angie, did you buy your ticket?
21st March 2006 09:12 AM
Jumacfly I don t think people are ready to pay nearly 90 euros to attend a show in a place that sounds like my toilets.
21st March 2006 09:19 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Angie, did you buy your ticket?

I have one reserved for each show, yes. I didn't pay for them yet however .

BTW Ju, my toilet has great acoustics FYI!
21st March 2006 09:24 AM
Madafaka Great! Have a good time.

Amsterdam love Stones and I love to hear/see shows there. Have you seen the Stones in BA dvd?
21st March 2006 09:30 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I don t think people are ready to pay nearly 90 euros to attend a show in a place that sounds like my toilets.

You are quite right my brother. The sound is horrible but apart of that there is also a lack of interest. The Stones are out in Holland I am afraid.
21st March 2006 09:31 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

???

One concert sold out, the second concert still not sold out.
21st March 2006 09:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

BTW Ju, my toilet has great acoustics FYI!

Tall and great girls like you deserve a good acousticc in their toilet my dear!
[Edited by Jumacfly]
21st March 2006 09:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

You are quite right my brother. The sound is horrible but apart of that there is also a lack of interest. The Stones are out in Holland I am afraid.

Im afraid of that too dear J.
Their last tour in Europe was so huge that it s hard to have the same interest only 3 years after.
21st March 2006 09:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man Okay, so one of the two shows has yet to sell-out. Maybe I’m missing something here, but what's the big deal? The shows don't take place 'till next summer and who’s to say it wouldn’t of sold out by then? Amsterdam is a major city in Europe. The Stones will be a sell-out.
21st March 2006 09:48 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The shows don't take place 'till next summer and who’s to say it wouldn’t of sold out by then?

I say so.
21st March 2006 10:16 AM
jb I posted this weeks ago...........Holland is no longer remotely interested in the Stones..they had a nice ride there, and great support for the last 2-3 tours, but they have bigger issues to deal with now.
21st March 2006 10:18 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
I posted this weeks ago...........Holland is no longer remotely interested in the Stones..they had a nice ride there, and great support for the last 2-3 tours, but they have bigger issues to deal with now.

God bless you. You have a sound grasp.
21st March 2006 10:38 AM
voodoopug sadly, people are using "poor acoustics" as a crutch...the real problem is that, as we have stated for months, U2 is taking over and the stones have very few "territorys" left. I consider Sweeden a Stones Territory, and not much else anymore. in years past people would have waited for days to get tickets, now poor sound is the excuse to not pony up 90 Euros....humiliating!
21st March 2006 10:43 AM
blackandblue
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
sadly, people are using "poor acoustics" as a crutch...the real problem is that, as we have stated for months, U2 is taking over and the stones have very few "territorys" left. I consider Sweeden a Stones Territory, and not much else anymore. in years past people would have waited for days to get tickets, now poor sound is the excuse to not pony up 90 Euros....humiliating!

No it's a combination. The sound is really bad there but the Stones are also losing ground.
21st March 2006 10:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

No it's a combination. The sound is really bad there but the Stones are also losing ground.

For years the stones played with substandard sound equipment in crappy arenas/stadiums and it was the toughest ticket of the year to get.....now they may be playing in places with rough acoustics, but their sound system is top notch and I have not heard them sound better from a technical standpoint (aside from the SB mix which was not their guys)....it is an excuse. U2 playes these same places and sells out several nights.
21st March 2006 11:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
U2 playes these same places and sells out several nights.

Well, maybe U2 won't find selling out venues so easy when, like The Stones, they're 44 years into their career and many have already taken the opportunity to see them. I'm not going against my original statement though. I STILL believe the boys will sell out their second Amsterdam show.
21st March 2006 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Well, maybe U2 won't find selling out venues so easy when, like The Stones, they're 44 years into their career and many have already taken the opportunity to see them. I'm not going against my original statement though. I STILL believe the boys will sell out their second Amsterdam show.

The stones are the greatest, but as yoiu said, most casual fans have seen them...and most casual fans will not spend what we spend to see basically the same show for the last 16 yrs...The Stones use to be a major event..sort of like an apocolyptic experience..but age and over-exposure have reduced the thrill..it's no longer a major event...U2 charges less and their demographic base much younger and eager to see them at this time....Also, Holland has had some real political unrest, and the Stones relevanc is deminimus compard to this great Nation's current unrest. Dutch Rik predicted this a few years ago, and he showed much wisedom for a young man,.....
[Edited by jb]
21st March 2006 11:24 AM
Joey " .. and the Stones relevanc is deminimus compard to this great Nation's current unrest. "

21st March 2006 11:28 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:
. "

Europe and Asia need their fix too. Look at 'em, they can't hold back, and who's to blame them?? Thanks Joey.
21st March 2006 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Europe and Asia need their fix too. Look at 'em, they can't hold back, and who's to blame them?? Thanks Joey.

It is my pleasure ' Break the Spell '

She sure is something else again , huh ?!?!

Jacky Hilton ! ®
21st March 2006 11:30 AM
jb Paris simply has mesmerized the country.........a beautiful , horny, little rich girl who loves video .....this is what makes us happy.
21st March 2006 11:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is my pleasure ' Break the Spell '

She sure is something else again , huh ?!?!

Jacky Hilton ! ®

She makes my tummy tingle and insides feel alive. Paris always has a sucessful tour, its getting harder to get tickets!!
21st March 2006 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

She makes my tummy tingle and insides feel alive. Paris always has a sucessful tour, its getting harder to get tickets!!

She fulfills all our fantsies and desires............I think we all should spend a night in Paris....
21st March 2006 11:37 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:

She fulfills all our fantsies and desires............I think we all should spend a night in Paris....

"Let's spend the night in Paris,
She's my favorite bombshell heiress"
21st March 2006 11:43 AM
jb I would still prefer to be with Eva Langoria ....
21st March 2006 11:47 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:
I would still prefer to be with Eva Langoria ....

She's a tasty little Latino, not a bad choice at all. I used to work with a girl that looked dead on her, but she was a lot taller than Eva.
21st March 2006 11:47 AM
SweetVirginia

21st March 2006 11:49 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Paris simply has mesmerized the country.........a beautiful , horny, little rich girl who loves video .....this is what makes us happy.

What Paris has done is actually ' liberate ' the South ... thus making that part of our Great country a viable economic entity ...... How in the Hell she did this nobody really knows ... or cares .

Sassy !
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)