ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crowes dvd in movie theatres Tonite only Return to archive
20th March 2006 03:30 PM
Saint Sway thought I'd post this info for the Crowes fans here that might be interested in checking it out and for the Crowes haters that like to whine about them...

**Tonite ONLY** The Black Crowes new DVD will be shown at Movie Theatres in select markets. All show times are 8pm.

here is the basic info...

FREAK 'N' ROLL....INTO THE FOG
THE BLACK CROWES DVD
ON SALE MARCH 21, 2006

FREAK 'N' ROLL....INTO THE FOG
DVD Theater Premier

Date: Monday, March 20, 2006
Time: 8 pm in each market

What: A one-night / one-show only theatrical premier of the Black Crowes DVD “Freak ‘N’ Roll…Into The Fog”, presented in High Definition and 5.1 surround sound.

Tickets: Fans can purchase their tickets at the theater box office, or by visiting www.DandEentertainment.com. Tickets will be approximately $10 each.

Markets:

NYC / Brooklyn:
Pavilion Theatre
188 Prospect Park West.
Brooklyn, NY 11215.

Boston:
Showcase Cinemas Randolph
73 Mazzeo Drive (Rte 139)
Randolph, MA 02368

Philadelphia:
Hanover Movies 16.
380 Eisenhower DR.
Hanover, PA 17331

Memphis:
Paradiso Theatre
584 Mendenhall
Memphis, TN 38117

Orlando/Daytona Beach
Ocean Walk Movies 10. 250 N Atlantic Ave,
Suite 300
Daytona Beach, FL 32118

Austin
Galaxy Highland 10
6700 Middle Fiskville Road
Austin, TX 78752

Phoenix:
Arizona Mills 24
5000 Arizona Mills Circle
Tempe, AZ 85282

Detroit
Emagine Canton
39535 Ford Road
Canton, MI 48187

Seattle
Galaxy Monroe 12
One Galaxy Way
Monroe, WA 98272

Los Angeles
Mann Chinese 6 Theatres
6801 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028

LA/Riverside
UltraStar Fontana Cinemas
16741 Valley Blvd
Fontana, CA 92335

San Diego
UltraStar Mission Valley Cinemas @ Hazard Center
7510 Hazard Center Drive #100
San Diego, CA 92108

San Diego / Imperial Valley
UltraStar Imperial Valley Mall 14
3651 South Dogwood Rd
El Centro, Ca 92243
20th March 2006 03:54 PM
Break The Spell I wouldn't mind checking this out, but the closest showing to me is way over in Philly!! First time I saw the Crowes was in 91, opening for ZZ Top, good show!!
20th March 2006 04:11 PM
GimmeExile It's interesting how the Crowes DVD has every song performed at their August 6, 2005 show at the Fillmore except "Loving Cup."
20th March 2006 04:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
It's interesting how the Crowes DVD has every song performed at their August 6, 2005 show at the Fillmore except "Loving Cup."

on the dvd there is bonus footage - a short doc - with a brief scene of them learning the song at sound check.

the song was dropped from the DVD because they weren't pleased with how it turned out. Ed wasnt um, "into it".
20th March 2006 07:19 PM
Some Guy new dvd from the crowes tomorrow... tell me more.
21st March 2006 11:29 AM
Throwaway Hey Sway, I went to the one in Hanover, PA, and unfortunately there were about 13 people total in the theater. I drove about 1.25 hrs from Annapolis, and the place is in the boonies. I talked to some others who were from DC and southern MD, a shame they didnt show it in some place like Baltimore or D.C. Anyways all of us in the theater rocked out anyway, it was a great show. I had seen the Crowes @ Merriweather Pavilion and the Tower Theatre this past tour, and the Fillmore looked like an even more intimate venue than the Tower Theatre. I thought some highlights were Seeing Things and Wiser Time..I recommend the DVD to any rock fan!

Thanks for posting it last night, St Sway, otherwise I wouldnt have known about it.
[Edited by Throwaway]
21st March 2006 12:52 PM
Saint Sway thats very cool that you made the trek to see the film Throwaway. I agree that Seeing Things is one of the highlights - along with the acoustic Cursed Diamond, Non Fiction and the Night They Drove Old Dixie Down closer.

not sure why they didnt offer it in those other markets - except that I'm sure its not easy for a band like the Black Crowes to get their film shown in any of the theatres. I recently saw Jonathon Demme's excellent Neil Young film and I think there was only 7 other people in the theatre.

but its cool that you went. I had a business dinner and couldnt make the NY screening.

I did catch those Tower Theatre shows you saw. I thought the 2nd night was amongst the best of the Crowes shows last year. The Fillmore shows were special because it was such a long run and they really went out of their way to make them special and different each night. The acoustic segments and bringing in the Left Coast Horns were great. Glad they captured a night of it on DVD for us.
21st March 2006 02:03 PM
Throwaway Yeah, i liked the horns, they added to a lot of songs. I dont have the DVD yet, but I cant wait to see them rehearsing one of the stones best-Loving Cup!
21st March 2006 02:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Hey Sway, I went to the one in Hanover, PA, and unfortunately there were about 13 people total in the theater. I drove about 1.25 hrs from Annapolis, and the place is in the boonies. I talked to some others who were from DC and southern MD, a shame they didnt show it in some place like Baltimore or D.C. Anyways all of us in the theater rocked out anyway, it was a great show. I had seen the Crowes @ Merriweather Pavilion and the Tower Theatre this past tour, and the Fillmore looked like an even more intimate venue than the Tower Theatre. I thought some highlights were Seeing Things and Wiser Time..I recommend the DVD to any rock fan!

Thanks for posting it last night, St Sway, otherwise I wouldnt have known about it.
[Edited by Throwaway]

this is truly humiliating, first the stones barely draw flies, now the Crowes do even worse....I fear the poor sales on NYE led to this. The writing is on the wall at this point. The county fair circuit or opening act status is all that is left it seems, lets hope the acoustic duo act can at least break even. I enjoy the Crowes sometimes, and this is unfortunate.
21st March 2006 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The county fair circuit or opening act status is all that is left it seems

well... you would certainly know all about that!

this is the most pathetic list of places played by any band ever

http://www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs/venues.html

congratulations
21st March 2006 03:13 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is the most pathetic list of places played by any band ever

Saint, both Weeds and The Big Horse are pretty cool places. Weeds is the only non-gentrified building in old town. The Big Horse usually gets up and coming bands who will one day be big in alt-rock.

The other places listed, not so much.
Especially, Hi-Tops, which is just a place to pick up Lincoln Park trixies, not that there is anything wrong with that.
21st March 2006 03:56 PM
Saint Sway I also hear that Mama Leoni's is the Quest Center of Bridgepoint pizzeria's.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)