ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Final Curtain Return to archive
20th March 2006 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Exit Stage Left.

How should the Stones go out? With a Bang or a Whimper? Predictions anyone?
20th March 2006 01:28 PM
Break The Spell I think it will be Charlie who will let the band know when its the right time to retire, and it will be well before their just a whimper on stage, so they will certainly go out with a bang.
20th March 2006 01:31 PM
jb I think this tour is, essentially, their swan song. They really tried to make it special with a highly regarded album super-bowl appearence, Rio concert, etc.....They have pretty much now done it all....I don't think we will see another major tour....hopeful a few shows here and there, but nothing like this.
20th March 2006 01:39 PM
Honky Tonk Man Without a doubt, the best exit would be with a whimper. As Gazza has said many a time, the Stones will only cease to be when one of them dies.

The whole "final tour" thing that so many bands attempt is bollocks. The Stones don't need some grand-finale.
20th March 2006 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Without a doubt, the best exit would be with a whimper. As Gazza has said many a time, the Stones will only cease to be when one of them dies.

The whole "final tour" thing that so many bands attempt is bollocks. The Stones don't need some grand-finale.

Maybe just for the Japan dates and Holland#2?
20th March 2006 02:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The Stones don't need some grand-finale.

Well that's how a "performer" goes out. Usually. They need a Great Record though. But the question NOW is whether the Stones perceive themselves to be Performers or Musicians. If mere Performers or rich men then any old show will do...Vegas or whatever...but if they perceive themselves to be Musicians then they cannot possibly be satisfied with going out without another Masterpiece.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th March 2006 02:06 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well that's how a "performer" goes out. Usually. They need a Great Record though. But the question NOW is whether the Stones perceive themselves to be Performers or Musicians. If mere Performers or rich men then any old show will do...Vegas or whatever...but if they perceive themselves to be Musicians then they cannot possibly be satisfied with going out without another Masterpiece.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Guest appearence on the new "Dallas" movie?
[Edited by jb]
20th March 2006 02:07 PM
Lazy Bones My sources have threatened that I swear to secrecy.

Sorry...
20th March 2006 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

For My Baby ! :

20th March 2006 02:14 PM
jb john Travolta as the new JR and Jessica (I would love to fuck) Simpson in Charlen Tiltons old role...............>
20th March 2006 02:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
My sources have threatened that I swear to secrecy.

cloak and dagger
20th March 2006 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
john Travolta as the new JR and Jessica (I would love to fuck) Simpson in Charlen Tiltons old role...............>

Shirley McLaine as Miss Ellie

" Larry Hagman made over two hundred and fifty million dollars during his fourteen year portrayal of J.R. Ewing ... Ronnie ! "

Sassy !

20th March 2006 02:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

Why not?

Bill Wyman as Ray Crebs
Patti Hansen as Luci
Jerry Hall as Miss Ellie
Cohl as Jock Ewing
Keith Richards as JR Ewing
Mick Jagger as Bobby Ewing
Brian Jones as Gary Ewing and/or Cliff Barnes
Bianca as Sue Ellen
Anita Pallenberg as Mary Magnaline (sorry wrong story)

20th March 2006 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Larry Hagman made over two hundred and fifty million dollars during his fourteen year portrayal of J.R. Ewing ... Ronnie ! "

Sassy !

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!
20th March 2006 02:26 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Sassy !

Did you see Larry at the recent "I Dream Of Jeanie" reunion for the box set?? He was also hanging out for the new Dallas remake. He's been busy of late.
20th March 2006 02:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

Actors are overpaid and overrated. But as long as idiots rule the planet thats the way it is.
20th March 2006 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Did you see Larry at the recent "I Dream Of Jeanie" reunion for the box set?? He was also hanging out for the new Dallas remake. He's been busy of late.

In the summer of 1977 , Larry Hagman was broke and had to rent out his Malibu home in order to pay bills ( debts ) .

A few months later he signed on for a bit part ( role ) as the older brother of Bobby Ewing --- the rest as they say ...... is HISTORY !!!!

" Luck is preparation for Opportunity .. Ronnie ! "

Jerscee !

[ss]
[Edited by Joey]
20th March 2006 02:38 PM
gimmekeef One of these days you guys are going to be charged with hi-jacking.....other peoples threads!
20th March 2006 02:42 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
One of these days you guys are going to be charged with hi-jacking.....other peoples threads!

20th March 2006 02:47 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I believe a have some type of serious, even terminal, illness.
20th March 2006 02:49 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I believe a have some type of serious, even terminal, illness.

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
20th March 2006 04:45 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:

Anita Pallenberg as Mary Magnaline (sorry wrong story)

Anita should play Marilee Stone
20th March 2006 04:46 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Exit Stage Left.

How should the Stones go out? With a Bang or a Whimper? Predictions anyone?

Well,

It's really to early for even to think about it!

One may like Brenda or not, but she is still fabulous looking and acting... Even still flashing her tits!!

Forget about it for a while.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)