ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Sabbath Appreciation Thread Return to archive
20th March 2006 11:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels (compliments of BLABBERMOUTH)

According to a posting on the Black Sabbath Live Project web site, there are no less than four authors offering their takes on the BLACK SABBATH story in the coming year. The books slated for release during the coming months are as follows:

* "Rat Salad - Black Sabbath: The Classic Years 1969-1975" by first-time author Paul Wilkinson. Expected release date: April 25, 2006.

* "Doom Let Loose" by Martin Popoff. Expected release date: August 1, 2006.

* "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" by Joel McIver. Expected release date: October 9, 2006.

* "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: The Battle for Black Sabbath" by Garry Sharpe Young. Expected release date: March 2006.

For more information on these books, visit www.sabbathlive.com.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th March 2006 11:56 AM
jb Uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20th March 2006 12:03 PM
Break The Spell Hey TTM, do you ever post comments on Blabbermouth?? I find the site a great source of information, but some of the posters can be so whiny about the stupidest things, but sometimes they are pretty hilarious!!
20th March 2006 12:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what happens...I tried to tell you!
20th March 2006 12:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me jb, who do you think is cool apart from The Stones. Who's your top 5 bands??? Just curious.
20th March 2006 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Tell me jb, who do you think is cool apart from The Stones. Who's your top 5 bands??? Just curious.

1)Stones
2)Who
3)Springsteen
4)Black Crowes
5)Stone Temple Pilots
6)Stevie Ray Vaughn
7)early 70's Clapton
8)Tom Petty
9)Janis Joplin
10)Leslie West and Mountain
20th March 2006 12:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

1)Stones
2)Who
3)Springsteen
4)Black Crowes
5)Stone Temple Pilots
6)Stevie Ray Vaughn
7)early 70's Clapton
8)Tom Petty
9)Janis Joplin

Hmmmn...not terribly bad taste at all.
Mountain was a great band. But much greater with Felix... Papparladi/West,,, Mountain is magic. But losing Felix was like losing either Mick or Keith in the Stones. I don't think they would have lasted together long even if Felix had lived though. West is too arrogant and Felix was a loner. Both genius.

20th March 2006 12:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th March 2006 01:01 PM
mrhipfl Black sabbath was cool back in the day, but I'd rather shoot myself than go to their shows today just to see Ozzy rot on stage.
20th March 2006 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Black sabbath was cool back in the day, but I'd rather shoot myself than go to their shows today just to see Ozzy rot on stage.

Word================================================>Amen.
20th March 2006 01:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels A Black Sabbath show is worth it just to tell your Grandchildren that you saw Tommy Iommi on stage. He's a living legend and there are few who qualify as that. Some but fewer all the time.
20th March 2006 01:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th March 2006 01:14 PM
jb His hair is suspect!!!!!!!!!
20th March 2006 01:23 PM
pdog The Sabbath box set is essential, great remastering and it only contains the music with Ozzy in the band, the last two albums were an obvious decline for the band... BUT!!! the first 4 are the bible for all metal and hard rock bands that followed.
20th March 2006 01:25 PM
Break The Spell It's a shame when people mention Sabbath all they think of is Ozzy. The true genius of the band is the songwriting team of Iommi / Butler. Two of my favorite Sabbath albums include "Heaven And Hell" and "Mob Rules" which feature Dio on vocals.
20th March 2006 01:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
e true genius of the band is the songwriting team of Iommi / Butler.

Well, they did fire Ozzy early on. That was a stroke of genius. Kinda.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th March 2006 02:10 PM
Lazy Bones Didn't Tony play guitar w/ The Tull at The RnR Circus? That is, if any one's looking for Stones' content.
20th March 2006 02:24 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Didn't Tony play guitar w/ The Tull at The RnR Circus? That is, if any one's looking for Stones' content.

Yes he did play on "Song For Jeffery" with Tull at that concert as they had just lost their guitarist, Mick Abrahams. Ian Anderson invited Tony to join, but he was involved with Earth of course which went on to become Sabbath.
20th March 2006 04:51 PM
keefjunkie The first four albums are absolutely fucking incredible.

20th March 2006 05:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I also like the next three, specially Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabbotage. The first Dio era was good but not great and I like Born Again too, the one with Ian Gillan. All other albums are crap.
20th March 2006 05:54 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Yes he did play on "Song For Jeffery" with Tull at that concert as they had just lost their guitarist, Mick Abrahams. Ian Anderson invited Tony to join, but he was involved with Earth of course which went on to become Sabbath.

His performance with them at the Rock'n'Roll Circus remains his only recorded performance with Jethro Tull.
20th March 2006 06:27 PM
Saint Sway Iomi was only air guitaring at the R&R Circus show. He wasnt plugged in and played over a pre-recorded track.
20th March 2006 06:33 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
jb wrote:

1)Stones
2)Who
3)Springsteen
4)Black Crowes
5)Stone Temple Pilots
6)Stevie Ray Vaughn
7)early 70's Clapton
8)Tom Petty
9)Janis Joplin

That is a horrible list.
20th March 2006 06:44 PM
pdog
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

That is a horrible list.

Make a better list.
21st March 2006 08:56 AM
Candace Youngblood Haha, Sunday night before the Pogues show SS and I were jamming to Sabbath on his ipod.

NIB baby!

I love their early stuff. Paranoid is such a great album. Faeries Wear Boots is my personal favorite.
21st March 2006 10:22 AM
nanatod
quote:
pdog wrote:

Make a better list.

1. Pixies
2. Soul Asylum
3. Deep Purple
4. The Clash
5. Rolling Stones
6. Bob Dylan and the Band
7. Los Lobos before the anglo joined
8. Neil Young electric
9. The Black Crowes
10. Temple of the Dog
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)