ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Stage are they using in Japan? Return to archive
19th March 2006 09:21 PM
exile Chances are they will be bringing that stage to Australia.

I hope it’s the North American stage, with that Guggenheim Museum look to it.

The South American stage was ok for them, but a little garish
19th March 2006 09:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think it will be the one used in Latin America
19th March 2006 09:28 PM
exile oh well

I like
19th March 2006 09:56 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Probably a variation of the South American one, with an Oriental theme to it (instead of those green and hot pink flowers).
19th March 2006 10:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's not that ugly

19th March 2006 10:38 PM
exile
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It's not that ugly

No I didnt mean its ugly. I just prefer the other one. Im sure on the night I wont care at all. I wonder why the two radically different designs?

The SA stage just looks like its a rushed stage design for some reason to me.

aw what am I compaining about. The stones are coming.
19th March 2006 10:39 PM
corgi37 Perfect timing for your post, Exile. I just rang Dainty's office here in Melb. 100% we are getting the Sth American stage. I think the Nth American one is more spectacular, but what the hell.

I'll be too close to care anyway.
19th March 2006 10:41 PM
Daethgod got ya SMS corgi

hoping the tix arrive this week

19th March 2006 10:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes it's a very simple stage with nothing special and no technology, really an improvised stage.

I was dissapointed as the price we paid was more expensive in actual dollars that many cities in the USA and we are in North Amercia so freight and duties are no significant because of the NAFTA. Just in Monterrey that it's 2-hour drive from Texas the gross sales were more than 9 million dollars. Someone in the Spanish board told me that he asked a guy in OCESA as he answered him that that stage was dismantled and disabled as the remaining shows in the USA will be in indoors arenas.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
19th March 2006 10:47 PM
Daethgod to be honest I dont give a rats
me and Corgi and our crew are going to be so close that the band could play on a postage stamp and we will still be in the pit - Keiths side of course !

: P

19th March 2006 10:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Exactly!

I attended the shows in Mexico City and Monterrey so close to the stage that I was watching the band and ocassionaly the stage or the screen

In Buenos Aires I was watching the stage and the screen on both shows. On the second I was veryu close to the b-stage, but when the stones arrived it was a complete riot

The sound was very good at the four shows so the stage is
20th March 2006 12:42 AM
exile still, anyway....oh well.
20th March 2006 09:10 AM
Jumping Jack Too many people whined about On Stage seating so they dropped it. Now you can whine about not having it instead, LOL!!!
20th March 2006 11:24 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Too many people whined about On Stage seating so they dropped it.

It will be back for Europe.
20th March 2006 11:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is that a wish or confirmed information? Just curious as the guy mentioned that the the on-stage building was dismantled and disabled and won't be used anymore but he was talking about the first leg of the tour so I'm not sure
20th March 2006 11:39 AM
glencar I'd like to see this S>American/Mexican/Asia?Antipodes stage in Euroland. It'd be different.
20th March 2006 01:31 PM
erikjjf
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Is that a wish or confirmed information?

Heard it from a crew member.
20th March 2006 01:33 PM
jb The Cheap stage.....................very smart move to maximize profits.
20th March 2006 02:21 PM
pdog on stage seating was a failure.
20th March 2006 10:25 PM
TomL I agree, we had them in Pittsburgh and after 2 minutes of SMU we complained and they took us to 15 row or so dead center. Much better. And they charged good money for those tix.
21st March 2006 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
TomL wrote:
I agree, we had them in Pittsburgh and after 2 minutes of SMU we complained and they took us to 15 row or so dead center. Much better. And they charged good money for those tix.

It was a pleasure seeing again in Memphis for 8 seconds...........................................
21st March 2006 08:20 PM
Soldatti I bet for an even cheaper version of the cheap stage.
21st March 2006 08:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

It was a pleasure seeing again in Memphis for 8 seconds...........................................

I bet it was 8 seconds of value!
21st March 2006 08:31 PM
exile
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Too many people whined about On Stage seating so they dropped it.

I did not know this. I must admit i wouldn't want to sit on stage.

I just liked the look of the NA stage. it was cool.

[Edited by exile]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)