ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1970 question [picture] Return to archive
19th March 2006 12:40 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Lookin' at this pic of 1970 tour we see at our left a man at the piano: Is he Stephen Stills??
But my question is: WHY? what does it mean Stills with the Stones?Which song they probabily played?

thank you my friends

[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
19th March 2006 01:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Stephen Stills flew with photographer Henry Diltz from London to Amsterdam to talk to the Stones stage manager Chip Monck, because Stephen wanted to hire him. They were standing on the side of the stage and Jagger motioned for Stephen to sit in.

Stephen plays only "Dead Flowers"
19th March 2006 01:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, the picture is by the great Hemry Dilz, here enjoying the magic of the mexican mother nature

Edition: Oops! I forgot to include the image
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
19th March 2006 09:15 PM
Child of the Moon I would STILL love to get my hands on a copy of that song with Stills. Anyone have it?
20th March 2006 03:10 AM
albert Not sure (I am at work now) but you can find it on a boot called Amsterdamned. The name of the venue is de Rai in Amsterdam. Date of the concert is october 9th 1970.

gr,
Albert
Holland
20th March 2006 09:06 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff thank you, and now another photo of that great artist
1979-circa
Keith is magic
20th March 2006 09:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's from the New Barbarians tour 1979
20th March 2006 11:53 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Stephen Stills flew with photographer Henry Diltz from London to Amsterdam to talk to the Stones stage manager Chip Monck, because Stephen wanted to hire him. They were standing on the side of the stage and Jagger motioned for Stephen to sit in.

Stephen plays only "Dead Flowers"

Leon Russell also guested at this show.
20th March 2006 12:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Do you know which song? I think it was "Live with me" but probably more (?)

Do you have that show recorded?
20th March 2006 12:55 PM
gustavobala amsterdan was the last show from 70 tour:

boots:

09-oct-70 Amsterdam The Netherlands

The Sky Pilots VGP 060 (6,75) Complete show, audience recording

Amsterdamned CDR Photo

From Vienna To Amsterdam VGP 311 Complete show, audience recording, also complete show of 27.9.1970
20th March 2006 02:04 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Do you know which song? I think it was "Live with me" but probably more (?)

Don't know which song(s). I haven't read about a particular track, but it's been made known that it could have been more than one song...

I checked on Leon's homepage hoping for a date. It only lists, however, that he's played with the Stones (among many others) with no additional info re: dates or venues.

Don't think I have the show. I'd have check tonight to confirm. If I do, I'd imagine it would be a cassette copy. I haven't replaced many '70 shows to cd-r (or pre-1971 for that matter).
20th March 2006 02:50 PM
Child of the Moon Another track from the 1970 tour, apparently very hard to com by, is the version of Gimme Shelter from the inaugural show of the tour, in Malmo, Sweden. They dropped it after either that show or the next one. I've heard it's played in a noticeably different arrangement... certainly something I'd love to hear. Are there any half-way decent sources for this Malmo show out there? The only ones I know of are EXTREMELY poor quality...
20th March 2006 04:19 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Another track from the 1970 tour, apparently very hard to com by, is the version of Gimme Shelter from the inaugural show of the tour, in Malmo, Sweden. They dropped it after either that show or the next one. I've heard it's played in a noticeably different arrangement... certainly something I'd love to hear. Are there any half-way decent sources for this Malmo show out there? The only ones I know of are EXTREMELY poor quality...

Well, my copy of the show comes from the 3-disc boot "Made in Sweden." If that's what you're talking about, the quality isn't great but I wouldn't call it extremely poor. "Gimme Shelter," unfortunately, seems to be sourced from a very wobbly tape (different source than the rest of the show, or the taper was having problems). Very cool arrangement, better than the '69 version, much more menacing.
20th March 2006 08:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:

I do not.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)