ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eurotour summer plans? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th March 2006 02:33 AM
marko For me,theres 2 ways to make it.If i wanna see couple of
shows,and other things,such as WW2 museums and places.
And train/locomotive museums.
I can start my vacation,likely on these 2 dates.
June 5th(we leave finland june 3rd or 4th)
July 17(we leave finland july 15 or 16),i prefer this,
because,then i can see some mates like gazza,SS(again)
if his coming to amsterdam.And many other bastards,from
this board."hint",iīll take my MD with me.
18th March 2006 07:29 AM
egon I shall be in Barca on 27 may &
Nice (with mr gazza) on 8 august.
amsterdam seems to be a bust, but that would
leave room to show up somewhere else like london, or...
18th March 2006 08:30 AM
Angiegirl Just Amsterdam this time for me.
18th March 2006 04:41 PM
Gazza Berlin - July 21
Nice - August 8
Wembley - August 20 & 22
Glasgow - August 25

Wish it was all starting this week!
18th March 2006 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just got word from my work a couple of days ago...all vacation requests between July 15th and Aug 28th will be denied...so no Euro Stones for me.

Hell, I can't even have a decent 40th birthday party!
18th March 2006 07:18 PM
Gazza Bugger!
18th March 2006 07:56 PM
kahoosier well I had two trips planned:

Leg One : Brno, Vienna, Athens, skipping Warsaw and Milan in beteen to actually play a bit of tourist, I own the tickets! But now some job changes may prevent this.

Leg Two: Porto , Valladollid, Wembley 1 and 2, Glasgow. Ok, FOS at the firts two, row 1 KR side at Wembley 1 and Glasgow...row 13 KR side Wembley 2...if I have to quit and go on Welfare after walkin off the job...ain't no one stoppin me!
19th March 2006 03:18 AM
marko Well i got 2 plans as i said.
If i start june:Bergen,Horsesns,brno,and the one in poland
If in mid july:Berlin,Cologne,rotterdam,amsterdam.
19th March 2006 07:03 AM
UGot2Rollme just Switzerland for me
if they were playing arenas, I'd travel, but not for stadium show.
hope they bring same stage they used in North America, but won't have same impact as most shows will start in daylight
19th March 2006 10:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
I shall be in Barca on 27 may &
Nice (with mr gazza) on 8 august.
amsterdam seems to be a bust, but that would
leave room to show up somewhere else like london, or...

London Calling......
19th March 2006 11:09 AM
Phog Both Amsterdam gigs for me.
19th March 2006 11:46 AM
Jimmy B. ........both Wembley gigs....awesome upfront seats for both too!
20th March 2006 01:37 AM
Juha Barcelona
Gothenburg
(St. Petersburg)
2x Amsterdam
20th March 2006 02:47 AM
Yyteri Beach sh*t really hits the fan...
I'm angry that Stones aren't coming to Finland this tour.
Dash it.

And it's very likely that they soon stop making global tours. OK, I admit that everybody's said so since 1981 ;-)

Hope they will come to Finland some day...
20th March 2006 11:12 AM
Juha Last time Helsinki didnīt sell fast thatīs why the Finnish promotor (with the help of locals) will arrange the "Finnish" concert in St. Petersburg. An arena show in Helsinki was a possibility but as the only arena show in Europe it would have been too expensive. This was the promotorīs choise not Stonesī or Cohlīs.
20th March 2006 11:22 AM
Mickijaggeroo Bergen, Horsens, Gothenburg (my hometown, and ALL Stonesviking members will be there), 2x Wembley, if they can fix that joint...

Yteeri Beach, here is something for you:
http://www.stonesvikings.com/YYTERI.htm
THAT was the first time they played a beach, not Rio...
20th March 2006 11:35 AM
Juha
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:

THAT was the first time they played a beach, not Rio...

Also that was a reocord crowd for the Stones:
21st March 2006 02:00 AM
Yyteri Beach Thanks Mickijaggeroo, nice pics.

It would have been great to see them live at Yyteri Beach because that 6 km long beach locates at my hometown.
Maybe some day scientists invent a time-machine. If I had three wishes where to spend a day, they would be these three gigs: Pori 1965, MSG 28.11.1969 (both sets) and probably Helsinki 1970.

The attendance at Yyteri varies from 10 000 to 20 000 depending on what source you're looking but most of them announce approx. 15 000. It was very hard to count the real amount.

I remember in the eighties when some dj from Finland interviewed Bill Wyman on the radio, he asked Bill could he remember their first Finnish gig. He answered straight away that it was Pori 1965 and it was on the beach.
I guess it was very unusual time and place for them: on the beach, sun shining all through the night and huge crowd.
[Edited by Yyteri Beach]
21st March 2006 02:39 AM
gorda Oh! I'm jealous! You guys are all going to have so much fun this summer! Lucky!
21st March 2006 04:00 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
just Switzerland for me
if they were playing arenas, I'd travel, but not for stadium show.
hope they bring same stage they used in North America, but won't have same impact as most shows will start in daylight

Agreed. Same feelings here.

Too expensive for just 19-songs-stadium-sets.
And we all know they're going to be moving on autopilot most of the shows by the time they come to Europe, as usual, being completely knackered and bored.

Not gonna get into more financial trouble, to catch them abroad, not for what they're offering this time 'round baby!

I just hope the Amsterdam shows will at least be somewhat decent and inspiring, or I may have to switch to being a Bon J*gulp* or U2 fan instead
21st March 2006 04:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Agreed. Same feelings here.

Too expensive for just 19-songs-stadium-sets.
And we all know they're going to be moving on autopilot most of the shows by the time they come to Europe, as usual, being completely knackered and bored.

Same here.
I still don t know if I m going to see them this summer.
Paris and Amsterdam got a common point on this one: they re both shitty sound places, and the Paris crownd is the lamest of the world.
so may be Nice??
I will see, but I fear this show could be Omaha'ed due to the fact they havent played here from nearly 25 years.
Wait and See...
21st March 2006 06:56 AM
Juha
quote:
Yyteri Beach wrote:

I remember in the eighties when some dj from Finland interviewed Bill Wyman on the radio, he asked Bill could he remember their first Finnish gig. He answered straight away that it was Pori 1965 and it was on the beach.
I guess it was very unusual time and place for them: on the beach, sun shining all through the night and huge crowd.
[Edited by Yyteri Beach]

It was me who did the interview :-)
The interview (1986) was mainly about Dirty Work but Bill also talked about Yyteri 65 and Helsnki 70. He also told the news that there will be no "Dirty Work" tour: "four members of the band want to tour and Mick doesnīt".
Juha
Ps. I work at a radio station here in Finland.
If you have the 95 Stockholm pressconference you can hear me asking about "changing the setlist for Europe".
21st March 2006 07:12 AM
Break The Spell I'm gearing up for the big Amsterdam trip, just got my vacation time cleared!! I've always wanted to visit there, the fact the Stones will be there makes it only 10 times better. Hopefully they'll surprise me with "Travellin' Man" and "Jigsaw Puzzle".
21st March 2006 07:45 AM
Yyteri Beach Hi Juha.
So it was you who interviewed Bill. I gotta try and find the tape where the interview is. I still assume that the tape locates in a place called "somewhere" ;-)

What radio station you work at the moment?
21st March 2006 08:04 AM
Juha
quote:
Yyteri Beach wrote:
Hi Juha.
So it was you who interviewed Bill. I gotta try and find the tape where the interview is. I still assume that the tape locates in a place called "somewhere" ;-)

What radio station you work at the moment?

Metro FM in Helsinki.
Juha
21st March 2006 08:38 AM
Yyteri Beach I'll redial to Metro FM then...
21st March 2006 08:43 AM
lotsajizz I'm trying to talk my better half into the Oporto show....I seem to do well with the band in places where they speak Portugese...
21st March 2006 09:28 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER Barcelona
brussels
paris (2 shows)
nice
porto
valladolid
london (2nd show)

22nd March 2006 09:34 AM
marko If iīm lucky,iīll start from Hannover,then Berlin,cologne
and amsterdam.
And going to southern germany/poland.I can go to stuttgart
show as well.
If luck is on my side,iīll see gazza in Berlin.
22nd March 2006 09:41 AM
Juha
quote:
marko wrote:
If iīm lucky,iīll start from Hannover,then Berlin,cologne
and amsterdam.

Excellent! In Amsterdam I will have beers with a gentleman who has more tapes than Mr. Nixon.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)