ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: List of This weeks humiliations (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th March 2006 02:43 PM
voodoopug As many of you know, last year's March trip to Orlando was very humiliating. Aside from very good business accomplished, there was an injury, damage to glasses, poor service at top steakhouse, wake up call not completed properly, etc. This year was better, but there were still humiliations. I had spoke with jb while on my way to the office today and he thought it was best for me to to present these humiliations on the public forum before they are released as rumors:

1. I chose to fly "TED" by united, as opposed to Delta, American, or NWA. TED does not offer business or first class and I was not able to utilize my "Premier" status with United to enjoy these benefits. Also throw in that the plane left 2 hours late. I nearly missed my mixer with a group of distributors in Orlando. Also, my limo had no coffee and I had to ask him to stop at a Coffee shop on the way to ORD

2. Sadly, my favorite English pub in Orlando will be relocating away from the hotel we stay at next time around. Humiliating.

3. Baggage handlers at United damaged my suitcase, I no longer can attach the smaller bag to the larger, wheeled bag. I must have looked like a schmuck carrying all of this crap through the airport, but I did not want to risk wrinkling of my "power suits" (Sans cape of course)

4. My manufacturers from Lucknow, India cancelled their trip at the last moment due to production concerns on a new product in development. This drastically reduced the amount of booth coverage I had in our 300 square foot booth. Sadly, I was unable to spend much time exploring potential opportunities with different exhibitors. My meeting schedule in my booth was booked solid for three days (the last day of the show is very worthless).

5. The coffee in my suite was an insult to all producers of coffee...very stale, and unacceptable. I asked them to remove it from the room! Also, neither TV in my room had a sleep timer!!! The view of the pool made up for it though.

6. I decided not to bring a wheeled cart to the show and the FEDEX location was nearly 1/2 mile away. I risked permanent injury by carrying the three boxes I shipped home (43lbs ea) this distance.

7. I did not try on my suits before I left. I did not take into account that my recent weight loss would affect my suits ability to fit appropriately. The two suits I rarely wear, but brought along were too large and unable to be used. I was forced to dry clean my jackets and slacks during my trip.

8. Snow in Chicago had caused my departure to be 3.5 hours late from Orlando. The airport is not very exciting. The bigger problem is that my limo was unable to reschedule. With the massive flight cancellations/delays in ORD, taxi service was at a premium and limo service was non existant. I was forced to wait another hour in ORD after landing to find a taxi that would take me home, he attempted price gouging, but we were able to work out an ammicable deal (I provided him with a large cash tip in exchange for an acceptable rate charged to my company card).

9. My oldest son was able to smuggle my wife's cell phone into his play area undetected and proceeded to call my phone (pressing "talk" several times) causing my phone to ring/vibrate several times during the exibition.

10. Finally, our party had to wait for 1.5 hours to obtain a table at "Don Pablos" and the food ended up being very average (great salsa though)!
17th March 2006 02:45 PM
jb The fact that you were 30 minutes by air to Lauderdale and refused to attend Stones show and greet me was , unquestionably, your biggest humiation(see also Chicago donation thread).
17th March 2006 02:47 PM
pdog I'm going to Disneyland next month...
17th March 2006 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm going to Disneyland next month...

They have many wonderful days there for all kinds of folks!!!
17th March 2006 02:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The fact that you were 30 minutes by air to Lauderdale and refused to attend Stones show and greet me was , unquestionably, your biggest humiation(see also Chicago donation thread).

Sadly, I used ADDA to deduce that I needed to focus on clients that evening at a mixer for a group of current customers and potential customers!
17th March 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I used ADDA to deduce that I needed to focus on clients that evening at a mixer for a group of current customers and potential customers!

Sadly, you absence has resulted in many over taking your prominece on the board!!! You have becomne a non-factor and hopefully Joey and I will build you back up. Remember , no Joey=no us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th March 2006 02:58 PM
Joey

I just took a " MASSIVE " afternoon dump .

I feel about ten pounds lighter ..... a tad frisky ..... and with your indulgence .......... would like to Dance for each and every single one of you fine people :

Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad .......................

So ..........

*** JOEY NOW GETS UP FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DISCO ***

let's dance the last dance
Let's dance the last dance
Let's dance this last dance tonight

So let's dance the last dance
Oh, I need you by me
To guide me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad

So ..............................

*** JOEY NOW GETS UP ONCE AGAIN FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DISCO ***

Come on baby, dance that dance
Come on baby, let's dance tonight
Yeah, will youi be my Mr. Right
Can you fill my appetite
I can't be sure
That you're the one for me
But all that I ask
Is that you dance with me
Dance with me, yeah ........... ( fade to Steelie )
17th March 2006 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I just took a " MASSIVE " afternoon dump .

I feel about ten pounds lighter ..... a tad frisky ..... and with your indulgence .......... would like to Dance for each and every single one of you fine people :

Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad .......................

So ..........

*** JOEY NOW GETS UP FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DISCO ***

let's dance the last dance

So let's dance the last dance
Oh, I need you by me
To guide me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad

So ..............................

*** JOEY NOW GETS UP ONCE AGAIN FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DISCO ***

Come on baby, let's dance tonight
Yeah, will youi be my Mr. Right
Can you fill my appetite
I can't be sure
That you're the one for me
But all that I ask
Is that you dance with me
Dance with me, yeah ........... ( fade to Steelie )

Smelly????????????
17th March 2006 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, you absence has resulted in many over taking your prominece on the board!!! You have becomne a non-factor and hopefully Joey and I will build you back up. Remember , no Joey=no us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are very wise...we have a long road ahead of us....our time is near to retire from the boards, without joey, we cannot exist.
17th March 2006 03:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Smelly????????????

Put it this way ..............................

The fire alarms just went off !
jb Withoput Joey, we are dryer than Phyllis Diller's(insert picture) cha -cha.
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Put it this way ..............................

The fire alarms just went off !

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have corn or peanuts recently?
17th March 2006 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are very wise...we have a long road ahead of us....our time is near to retire from the boards, without joey, we cannot exist.

You are BOTH much loved by The Joey !

JOEYKINS !

17th March 2006 03:07 PM
jb he Irish Pug is very appropriate today!!!! And Golda and Menachem would have hit Iran by now with Dyan plitting the course of action!!!!!!!!!!
17th March 2006 03:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
The fact that you were 30 minutes by air to Lauderdale and refused to attend Stones show and greet me was , unquestionably, your biggest humiation(see also Chicago donation thread).

the saddest fact is that he would have caught a bumper flight if U2 were playing there that night

but the most humiliating thing of all is Pug's own giant and endlessly boring post about what a loser he is.

its bad enough if that is how you spend your life - but to actually bother to take the time to type such a long detailed account of it is just really, really sad.

Pugs, life aint so bad man. Stop sweating the small shit. Get out and have some fun this weekend. Then post back about the fun times.
17th March 2006 03:32 PM
jb Pug has been humiliated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully no falling(and I can't get up) incidents in Orlando!!!! Do you meet that guy that started all the great boy bands like BSB and En Sync while in Orlando?
17th March 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the saddest fact is that he would have caught a bumper flight if U2 were playing there that night

but the most humiliating thing of all is Pug's own giant and endlessly boring post about what a loser he is.

its bad enough if that is how you spend your life - but to actually bother to take the time to type such a long detailed account of it is just really, really sad.

Pugs, life aint so bad man. Stop sweating the small shit. Get out and have some fun this weekend. Then post back about the fun times.

Many new distribution opportunities presented themselves. This could add a potential 17% to earnings this year resulting in an even better year than last year!

I am glad you enjoyed my post. Sadly, you were not thought of once, aside from the large painting of a donkey (see: ASS) on the wall at Don Pablos

A U2 show would have probably increased flights in as they apparently are far more popular than the Stones and your little coffee shop acoustic gig. At least we may have been provided with a larger plane with a business class section.

The show was fantastic, you should have come, I am sure someone could have loaned you a suit. it was a walking model of success in there! Many folks from South America and Japan introducing new products/distribution strategies! Next year this show is in Chicago, plan early!
17th March 2006 03:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Pug has been humiliated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully no falling(and I can't get up) incidents in Orlando!!!! Do you meet that guy that started all the great boy bands like BSB and En Sync while in Orlando?

missed him! But I did meet the VP of Cardinal Health. He was a very eccentric man!
17th March 2006 03:38 PM
glencar Pug is twice the poster & thrice the man that silly sway is. That bitch stinks up way too many threads around here. I hate him!
17th March 2006 03:38 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Many new distribution opportunities presented themselves. This could add a potential 17% to earnings this year resulting in an even better year than last year!

I am glad you enjoyed my post. Sadly, you were not thought of once, aside from the large painting of a donkey (see: ASS) on the wall at Don Pablos

A U2 show would have probably increased flights in as they apparently are far more popular than the Stones and your little coffee shop acoustic gig. At least we may have been provided with a larger plane with a business class section.

The show was fantastic, you should have come, I am sure someone could have loaned you a suit. it was a walking model of success in there! Many folks from South America and Japan introducing new products/distribution strategies! Next year this show is in Chicago, plan early!

Some twits only fly steerage. See: Saint Sway!
17th March 2006 03:39 PM
jb A huge counter blow from the Pugmeister!!! increased income, business class!!!! We are close to a standing 8 count!!!
17th March 2006 03:39 PM
Joey " .... stinks up way too many threads around here.... "

*** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ****
17th March 2006 03:40 PM
glencar Joshy, at one time you were tied with Joey but now you're several thou behind. What giveth?
17th March 2006 03:41 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .... stinks up way too many threads around here.... "

*** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ****

Classic rock!
17th March 2006 03:42 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, at one time you were tied with Joey but now you're several thou behind. What giveth?

Several extended hiatus'

My Joshy need not be idolized ;
Or enlarged at ' Shidobee ' beyond what he was at ' Rocks Off ' .
He IS to be remembered as a kind and decent man ;
A man who saw wrong and tried to right it ...
Saw suffering and tried to heal it ...
Saw War and tried to STOP it .

And those of us who loved him ** Young Joey's voice now cracking with visceral and heartfelt emotion *** ;
And who take him to his ' transition ' here today .
Know that what he was and what he stood for ;
Will someday come to pass for all the world .
As he said many times in many posts throughout the decades ;
" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
I dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

I Thank You For Your time Today !

Has anybody here seen my old friend Joshy?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
I thought I saw him walk up over the hill,
With Joshy, Martin and John.

Baby Joe

-----------------------------
17th March 2006 03:44 PM
glencar Yes, that hurt. I think all of those Phil Dill pix added to the diff.
17th March 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway "bitch".. "twit"... very nice. GlenCar you are 53 yrs old. Its time to drop the 3rd Grade name calling and try conversing as an adult for a change.
17th March 2006 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, that hurt. I think all of those Phil Dill pix added to the diff.

I bought the most incredible skull/diamond bracelet at Bergdorf's Tuesday afternoon($2800)....Allie saw it and it is simply incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th March 2006 03:47 PM
telecaster www.maxlugar.com
17th March 2006 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
www.maxlugar.com

I sense a thawing???
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)