ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Australia horrific stadium sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
16th March 2006 09:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Gaza, I have been 97.8% right on all predictions(see ABB meandearing around 500k). The 20k seats was widely reported!!!!

My memories are longer than the current tour. Same crap all throughout 2003!
16th March 2006 10:11 PM
Ramrod The Stones will do well in Australia, as usual.

Why is it that the self described 'Stones megafan' JB takes every opportunity to create the impression that the Stones are in for an imminent demise, whether it be bullshit like 'the tour's a bust' or 'the album's a bust'? And why does he quote such halfbaked misinformation and present it as fact?

And then why again does he think the Australian tour is somehow going to fail? Rubbish, bullshit and misinformation. I sometimes wonder if JB has ulterior motives beyond the obvious ones of personal aggrandisement, vanity and ego.

16th March 2006 10:46 PM
Soldatti JB is the real king here ("meandearing"), LMFAO of this thread.

[Edited by Soldatti]
16th March 2006 10:48 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

And Holland and Japan!!!!!!!!!!!

We love them too!
16th March 2006 11:33 PM
PeerQueer JB's got a good shtick in here...though not quite on par with the manic humor of dear Joey...

JB has also been described as tall, good looking, albeit rather overweight gentleman who shows great kindess and generosity to fellow Stones fans.

The great irony of JB is that for all his reported loathing of The Beatles, his brand of impishness is very akin to the great John Lennon, who pulled more than a few disgruntled beards in his day.

JB is, in effect, the John Lennon of Rocks Off! (minus the domineering and strung out Asian sidekick -we hope!)
17th March 2006 09:48 AM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

(minus the domineering and strung out Asian sidekick -we hope!)

May Pang ?!?!?!

Joey McCartney ! ®
17th March 2006 10:14 AM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
JB's got a good shtick in here...though not quite on par with the manic humor of dear Joey...

JB has also been described as tall, good looking, albeit rather overweight gentleman who shows great kindess and generosity to fellow Stones fans.

The great irony of JB is that for all his reported loathing of The Beatles, his brand of impishness is very akin to the great John Lennon, who pulled more than a few disgruntled beards in his day.

JB is, in effect, the John Lennon of Rocks Off! (minus the domineering and strung out Asian sidekick -we hope!)

I'm not all that overweight....I'm 6'2 ...I need to lose 15 lbs which I will in the coming months. All men gain weight during their wives pregnacy.....Plus going to so many shows, I ate very well at the 4 Seasoins/Ritz/Peabody, etc.....
Moreover, a girl at the Ft. Lauderdale show(while my younger son was not looking) asked me if I was married, and said she would masterbate to me ..........that was my highlight of the tour.
Also, fo rthe other person above, obviously you don't spend close to 100k on a band you loath. I love the Stones more than anything except my family and Monster. Nonetheless, I call it as I see it...we won (although not technically b/c U2 had 156 in 05 compared to our 94, with only 44 shows) the gross at 162 million, despite the fact every show had tickets available....U2 , sold out over 100 shows and played to many more paying fans(the 1.2 Milcopa was free)...While I loath and despise Bono, I have grudingly admitted they are a threat to oyr longevity........Moreover, our record sales , compared to U2', are simply an abortion(which, sadly, this conservative suprene court will outlaw-see South Dakota).
The magic of Mr, Cohl and his son, is the fact that depsite almost 16 years of continuous touring, ther Stones can still come closee to filling up most 15-17k seat venues, and a few stadiums in major US cities. The "leftover" tickets are gobbled up by the sponsors or given away and are another tax write off for the band...More importantly, as I pointed out before each of the last 3 tours, Cohl got the Stones by providing the pricipal memebers will a guaranteed fee up front, no matter what the ultimate #'s are. For this tour, each Stone will make b/t 30-40 million. Cohl has to the dismay of many, but to the :satisfaction" of Mick et al, made the $450 dollar ticket price a reality....
As far as ABB, 2.4 million worldwide is very mediuocre compared to other artists and only 503k copies here was clearly a "atomic bomb". They shipped over 1 million units(hence the faux certification) and now many stores are dumping them at $8-10 dollars. The fact this album will not hit a million in the US, despite more promotion than any other album they have recorded, is quite shocking and a testament to today's horrendous music taste . ABB, while not my cup of tea, is the best Stones album since VL, whiuch sold well over a million here and over 5 million worldwide.
Bottom line, Stones still the greatest live act, higher prices/sponsorship enable massive tour/profits, but don't look for a new album as this clearly sent a signal to them that the record buying demographics are not interested in their product....a very sad reality.
17th March 2006 10:21 AM
glencar I saw John McEnroe the other night at RCMH.
17th March 2006 10:23 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw John McEnroe the other night at RCMH.

.....did he make a pass at you ?

Developing ..........................

17th March 2006 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

Yep, him and ass-wipe Schaeffer.
Your package is beinbg sent via priority mail this morning.........
[Edited by jb]
17th March 2006 10:41 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

.....did he make a pass at you ?

Developing ..........................

Well, he did say something about playing tennis but he did that quote mark thingie with his fingers...
17th March 2006 10:42 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Yep, him and ass-wipe Schaeffer.
Your package is beinbg sent via priority mail this morning.........
[Edited by jb]

You are the man!
17th March 2006 11:51 AM
PeerQueer [quote]jb wrote:

Moreover, a Joey at the Ft. Lauderdale show(while my younger son was not looking) asked me if I was married, and said she would masterbate to me ..........that was my highlight of the tour.
____

Joey made it to Lauderdale????????
17th March 2006 11:52 AM
glencar You are the most annoying poster on here since...well, since Joey!
17th March 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

Moreover, a Joey at the Ft. Lauderdale show(while my younger son was not looking) asked me if I was married, and said she would masterbate to me ..........that was my highlight of the tour.
____

Joey made it to Lauderdale????????

Why must you ................
17th March 2006 12:04 PM
glencar Cuz he lacks originality & any semblance of fun.
17th March 2006 12:05 PM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:

In John's world-wide best seller he listed the Top 10 things that happened in his career

#1 you ask?

Hitting the party backstage before a Stones '81 show

I report, you decide
17th March 2006 12:14 PM
glencar FOX News Rules!
17th March 2006 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
FOX News Rules!

LOL..........Unfair and Biased............see Sean hannity, Bill O'Reiley, Brit Hume, -----all serious conservatives with a anti-dem agenda.
17th March 2006 12:27 PM
glencar Hume is the only one whose show isn't opinion/debate/commentary except at the end. I don't find him too biased.
17th March 2006 12:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
FOX News Rules!

you are beyond help

quote:
glencar wrote:
Hume is the only one whose show isn't opinion/debate/commentary except at the end. I don't find him too biased.

of course YOU don't.
17th March 2006 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hume is the only one whose show isn't opinion/debate/commentary except at the end. I don't find him too biased.

He was great at ABC..but he is a member of a very conservative Washington group. He is a very competent reporter, but he must have really hated being at ABC all those years..............
17th March 2006 02:16 PM
Jumping Jack How many millions did Bill Clinton make in speaking fees from the UAE? You know, the ones Hillary has been beating the hell out of? UNGRATEFUL BITCH!!!
17th March 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
How many millions did Bill Clinton make in speaking fees from the UAE? You know, the ones Hillary has been beating the hell out of? UNGRATEFUL BITCH!!!

The Arabs have everyone in their pocker...I read were Colin Powell, Bob Woodward and others all have elaborate dinners at the Saudi Embassy on D.C. Bush 1 is much closer to the saudis than even W....the bottom line, Oil talks..........plus all the Presidents(dem/rep) want the millions for their libraries....

P.S.-Jimmy Carter has never met a Palestinain he didn't love...especially the terrorist Arafat..RIH.....
17th March 2006 02:23 PM
Joey " Hitting the party backstage before a Stones '81 show

I report, you decide "

17th March 2006 02:42 PM
Jumping Jack How was the tour of the doublewide library?
17th March 2006 02:43 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
How was the tour of the doublewide library?

Politics aside, a fantastic facility....really beautiful and well done.
17th March 2006 02:53 PM
Jumping Jack Cool! Glad you had a good time.

ps, do they sell cigars in the gift shop? Sorry, I couldn't help myself, LOL.
17th March 2006 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Cool! Glad you had a good time.

ps, do they sell cigars in the gift shop? Sorry, I couldn't help myself, LOL.

The gift shop is a seperate facility down the street..no cigars, but Elvis tapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th March 2006 02:59 PM
voodoopug Sadly, the Fine folks from down under are just now seeing the brilliance of the Cohl business model. Seats are being sold at high prices on the secondary market (but lets face it...double and triple face value is humiliating at best for the broker market!) due to another faux sellout by the cohls. Just want and see how many tickets get dropped as the show nears.....you will finally see what we mean by "papering the house"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)