ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Australia horrific stadium sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
16th March 2006 01:40 PM
jb While the small 13k seat laver center did sell out, over 20k tickets left for stadium show!!! Why Corgi37, why?!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
16th March 2006 01:42 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
While the small 13k seat laver center did sell out, over 20k tickets left for stadium show!!! Why Corgi37, why?!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

This makes Joey very sad
16th March 2006 01:44 PM
Break The Spell He posted earlier about them not touring there for a 22 year period and how it contributed to their decline in popularity there.
16th March 2006 02:14 PM
charlotte good eye there jb, a man of true wealth and taste...by the way, pass me another Fosters...
16th March 2006 02:24 PM
Reginald Denny
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
He posted earlier about them not touring there for a 22 year period and how it contributed to their decline in popularity there.

That is such a lame excuse. Let's face it. They just aren't as cool down under. You can bet Olivia Newton John would sell out.
16th March 2006 02:30 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Reginald Denny wrote:

That is such a lame excuse. Let's face it. They just aren't as cool down under. You can bet Olivia Newton John would sell out.

Wasn't it her song "Physical" that kept Start Me Up from hitting #1 on the charts??
16th March 2006 04:05 PM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Wasn't it her song "Physical" that kept Start Me Up from hitting #1 on the charts??

Yes...another humiliation(see Andy Gibbs as well). Only 53k out of 73k tickets sold!!! Very embarrassing to my friends SIA, King Corgi 37, and the rest of the Aussie contingent.
16th March 2006 04:09 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...another humiliation(see Andy Gibbs as well). Only 53k out of 73k tickets sold!!! Very embarrassing to my friends SIA, King Corgi 37, and the rest of the Aussie contingent.

Andy Gibb once dated Victoria Principal ( circa 1981 )

16th March 2006 04:10 PM
jb She was so hot at one time...........she left him b/c of his addiction!!! He filed for BR down here and I was with my cousin(clerkingz) at the hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16th March 2006 04:11 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
She was so hot at one time...........she left him b/c of his addiction!!! He filed for BR down here and I was with my cousin(clerkingz) at the hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does BR mean ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
16th March 2006 04:25 PM
gimmekeef Wish she had been my principal!!!!
16th March 2006 04:27 PM
glencar BR = bankruptcy...
16th March 2006 04:27 PM
glencar In Oz, they call kangaroos "joeys"...
16th March 2006 04:28 PM
glencar Australia truly is a great country. This sales anomaly cannot be explained rationally.
16th March 2006 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
BR = bankruptcy...

Nonetheless, we knew the aussie stadium show was pushiung it...3 arena show with 18 at higher prices would have done the trick.
16th March 2006 04:29 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:
While the small 13k seat laver center did sell out, over 20k tickets left for stadium show!!! Why Corgi37, why?!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

read the recent pages in the Music Hall thread JB.
16th March 2006 04:30 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Nonetheless, we knew the aussie stadium show was pushiung it...3 arena show with 18 at higher prices would have done the trick.

You are a wise man, Joshy. People have caught on by now that they generally do better in the arenas.
16th March 2006 04:37 PM
jb Mr. Cohl was very quick with me............
16th March 2006 04:42 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Mr. Cohl was very quick with me............

He is a Canadian Jew

Does BR really mean Bankruptcy ?!?!

When did he file ?!?! .... Probably right before he died
16th March 2006 04:57 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Mr. Cohl was very quick with me............

Wha-wha-what?? You met him?
16th March 2006 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

Wha-wha-what?? You met him?

16th March 2006 05:35 PM
Daethgod what the ?
go to ticketek.com
they are only a handful of crap nosebleed seats left

16th March 2006 07:59 PM
corgi37 This thread amazes and astounds me. It would offend me, if it wasnt so ridiculous.

Daeth is 100% correct. There are stuff all seats left. Maybe 100. They are on the top deck, right at the back. As i said, they'll probably be given away. The show is a sell out. The figure of 20,000 was after the 1st day of general sales i think. In fact, could have been after Visa pre-sale. IF there are 20,000 seats left, why are tickets going for double and triple face value on Ebay?

As usual, from Nam to Iraq, the Yanks get it wrong.

My man Daeth and i have ensured the success of this show by securing amazing seats. We came - Others follow.
16th March 2006 08:08 PM
glencar We're wrong from Nam to Iraq & yet you're always with us. We Yanks love you guys. I hope you don't get Omaha'd though. That's always a danger.
16th March 2006 08:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This thread amazes and astounds me. It would offend me, if it wasnt so ridiculous.

"consider the source". Expect this for the rest of the tour!
16th March 2006 09:04 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This thread amazes and astounds me. It would offend me, if it wasnt so ridiculous.

Daeth is 100% correct. There are stuff all seats left. Maybe 100. They are on the top deck, right at the back. As i said, they'll probably be given away. The show is a sell out. The figure of 20,000 was after the 1st day of general sales i think. In fact, could have been after Visa pre-sale. IF there are 20,000 seats left, why are tickets going for double and triple face value on Ebay?

As usual, from Nam to Iraq, the Yanks get it wrong.

My man Daeth and i have ensured the success of this show by securing amazing seats. We came - Others follow.

We are simply reporting what was written....You are still the king.........
16th March 2006 09:04 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
We're wrong from Nam to Iraq & yet you're always with us. We Yanks love you guys. I hope you don't get Omaha'd though. That's always a danger.

And Holland and Japan!!!!!!!!!!!
16th March 2006 09:05 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"consider the source". Expect this for the rest of the tour!

Gaza, I have been 97.8% right on all predictions(see ABB meandearing around 500k). The 20k seats was widely reported!!!!
16th March 2006 09:21 PM
Daethgod widely reported after day 1 of sales

16th March 2006 09:31 PM
RSRTG I dont follow anyone.....I make my own rules and decisions and live by them!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)