ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the..???!! Return to archive
03-19-04 09:49 AM
FotiniD Check this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3804397783&category=445

So this guy is selling the guitar - signed too - for $9.99... (!) Where's the catch?
[Edited by FotiniD]
03-19-04 10:01 AM
FotiniD On the other hand, this is a beauty I'd like to get my hands on (also on ebay) but I wouldn't pay money to those freaks that get Keith signing half-made guitars just to go and sell them on the net. But she's beautiful, ain't she?

And isn't that Sebastian Kruger's artwork? I wonder if he got paid for the use of his drawing...
[Edited by FotiniD]
03-19-04 10:06 AM
FPM C10
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Check this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3804397783&category=445

Is this guy selling the guitar - signed too - for $9.99???

Notice that it says "Reserve not yet met". You can START the auction for ten bucks, but you don't get the guitar until you meet the (secret) price which is the minimum the seller will accept. Probably several grand.

And oh BOY - a fake strat! "Johnson - by Axl". For sale by one of those parasites that make a living by ambushing Keith and getting him to sign whatever. I'm much prouder of my Tom Waits ticket stub that I got Keith to sign than I would be buying a fake strat off of eBay. Now if it was a '52 Tele...

Remember when Keith stole that guy's guitar on his birthday a few years back? The guy just HAPPENED to be walking down the street in NYC with an electric guitar(no case) in DECEMBER and just happened to run into Keith and just happened to have a smudge-proof sharpie ready? I thought it was GREAT that Keith said "thanks mate" and drove off with it. Happy birthday!!

That guitar was probably a Johnson by Axl too!

BEST VIEWED HIGH