ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Was Hot (Long Version) Return to archive
03-17-04 06:16 PM
Nasty Habits Does anyone know if this ever saw official release on a 12"?

TIA!

Nasty!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-17-04 07:10 PM
Gazza Do you mean the version on the promo video that has the extra verse??

Not to my knowledge. The single was available also as a picture disc but there was no 12 inch version. the version on the single and album is the longest version released on record. An edited version of that was available as a DJ promo as far as I'm aware.

That longer version on the video promo is speeded up from the album version though, for some reason.
03-18-04 12:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As far as I know there are two 12" EPs from Undercover, She Was Hot b/w I Think Im Going Mad and Undercover b/w Feel On, I have it Made in Mexico

If you want to buy it, do it securely HERE. Buying from there helps a little to support the wetpage in which we save all the headers and of course the wetpage as well.
03-18-04 02:54 AM
souldoggie Don't forget "Too Much Blood", 12", with the LP version and a couple different mixes.
03-18-04 05:49 AM
egon i do have a (american) radio recording with alternate lyrics, apparently entitled "she was hotter".
03-18-04 09:32 AM
beer There is a 12 inch "She Was Hot" single.

I'm lookin at a picture of it right now. On the cover it's got the chick holding the candle and it says "Super Sound Maxi-Single 12 inch version 45rpm"

the vinyl is a dye cut picture disc shaped like the Stones tongue, with the same graphics as the album cover. B side is "I think I'm Going Mad".

is it the long version? i dont know.
03-18-04 09:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi Beer! That shaped picture disc and many other formats of the same 12" single from many places... It's HERE. And Remember... buying from there helps a little to support the wetpage in which we save all the headers and of course the wetpage as well.
03-18-04 10:47 AM
Nasty Habits I'm not talking about the extra verse, I'm talking about a whole extended musical coda. I heard the version off of an MP3, but it was recorded way too, uh, "hot" -- it's almost seven minutes long and it has this guitar/piano duet at the end - the guitar is really raw and the piano (Stu, I'm sure) is really good. It's apparently taken off of a radio broadcast. I was researching the German 12"'s and wondering if it was on there. I am sure there are versions available on CD but I would love to have it on wax, particularly a 45 RPM 12".
03-18-04 02:07 PM
gotdablouse Didn't know that GEMM site!

I'm happy to see that my little collector's item is being sold for $742.50 used...mine is still shrink wrapped and bears #1980. Anyone interested?

I remember thinking when I bought it that I should pick 5 or 6 of these bad boys...hindsight, eh...

According to an old Record Collector magazine it was one of the most expensive Stones items out there. $500+ items
03-18-04 04:44 PM
MRD8 This is the first track on the second disc of Laid In The Shade Volume Two...
03-18-04 06:25 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
This is the first track on the second disc of Laid In The Shade Volume Two...

Thanks! My question, though, is if it has ever been officially released on vinyl.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-18-04 06:35 PM
gotdablouse I think it first came out on VGP's Pain of Love http://www.printmark.se/stones/bootleg/p/the_pain_of_love.htm

Some nasty rolling bass lines by Bill on this version!

BEST VIEWED HIGH