ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Vines (ns) Return to archive
03-17-04 08:13 AM
Factory Girl I saw the Vines (as Part of the Aussie Invasion Tour on Monday, 3/15), and thought their singer was their weakest link.

I'd like to hear your (collective) thoughts on the Vines.
03-17-04 11:28 AM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I saw the Vines (as Part of the Aussie Invasion Tour on Monday, 3/15), and thought their singer was their weakest link.

I'd like to hear your (collective) thoughts on the Vines.

Can't get past the singer, you just want to bitch slap him.
03-17-04 11:33 AM
Factory Girl Yep, the singer is a wailing bitch.
03-17-04 12:58 PM
GimmeExile I saw them a couple years ago at the 9:30 Club...He is the singer and the guitarist. If you don't like him, you don't like the band. I thought he was okay, though a little too-Cobain.
03-17-04 01:06 PM
Factory Girl Gimme, do you have access to the WAsh. Post? Read the review in today's Style section.
03-17-04 03:09 PM
GimmeExile Factory Girl, I just read the review in the Post...It seems that the Vines lead singer has taken his schtick too far...How sad: the final sentence of the review: "As it was, the club was half empty by the end of his routine." (the show was sold out).
03-17-04 03:22 PM
Factory Girl Yes, Gimme, I left during the Vines set. It seemed that most people came to see Jet (they played before the Vines).

Living End were pretty good, but their music is not "my cup of tea".
03-17-04 09:19 PM
Mr. D I can't get into The Vines. I can't stand Craig Nichols, his voice is just irritating, and yes, as someone already mntioned, he's too frigging Cobain.
03-17-04 09:34 PM
fmk438j Yeah, he is a dick.

Tries real hard to be the crazy rocker but it's pure charade
03-17-04 10:22 PM
Blind Dog McGhee ^^^

uh-huh
03-18-04 07:26 AM
Factory Girl I was also turned off by Craig's voice. And, he kept changing guitars on every song...like he's a guitar god...lol.

03-18-04 04:49 PM
Honky Tonk Man I used to really like The Vines for about 5 minutes. I was constantly reading about them and seeing they're mugs in the pages of the NME and out of curiosity downloaded Get Free I loved that song and I still think it's very good. I think Highly Evolved was a pretty decent debut album and there are a few decent slow, though sickly sweet slower tunes on it.

Alex
03-18-04 04:51 PM
Joey " I used to really like The Vines for about 5 minutes. I was constantly reading about them and seeing they're mugs in the pages of the NME and out of curiosity downloaded Get Free I loved that song and I still think it's very good. I think Highly Evolved was a pretty decent debut album and there are a few decent slow, though sickly sweet slower tunes on it. "

03-18-04 07:39 PM
Gazza were they on Letterman the other night? (we get the show 24 hours later). If so, I thought they were mediocre. And yeah..annoying singer.

BEST VIEWED HIGH