ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: recording starts May 20th? Return to archive
03-17-04 04:53 AM
christijanus Heard from a friend from Japan the recording starts May 20th???

03-17-04 06:14 AM
shakedhandswithkeith good news!
03-17-04 06:46 AM
glencar Oooh yeah!
03-17-04 03:43 PM
Bob Tamp I would like to know who this source is from? I know the Stones usually record in the UK, Bahamas, France,Germany,USA but not in Japan. Are any of the up front people with the Stones organization ie. Jane Rose, Michael Cohl etc even from Japan? I think the answer is NO so I doubt this source is correct. I wish it was.
03-17-04 04:00 PM
Gazza >Heard from a friend from Japan the recording starts May 20th???

I hope the STONES at least know this! Seems a bit late though to begin recording, doesnt it? Especially if theyre planning to go on the road with a new album

Bob - I dont think christijanus was saying they were going to record IN Japan,but that is where his SOURCE is from. Theres a great hardcore Stones fanbase there as I'm sure you know - maybe his source is connected to Virgin in Japan. Who knows.
[Edited by Gazza]
03-17-04 04:03 PM
jb Please identify your Japanese source.
03-17-04 04:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
Please identify your Japanese source.

BILL MURRAY
03-17-04 04:28 PM
Moonisup his souce is the empirer himself
03-17-04 05:12 PM
GimmeExile Ahhh, yes, recording should always begin on a Thursday...
03-17-04 08:23 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Heard from a friend from Japan the recording starts May 20th??? "

Who is this egg roll rolling , funny upside down roof building , pokemon creating , black hair with bowl haircut sporting , Yoko Emigrating , " Tora Tora Tora " Shouting , " Lost in Translation " sucking , Vertical Letter Printing , Oragami Perfecting , Horizontal Pussy Having , Wasabi munching , Sake Swilling , Sushi Sniffing , Shark Fin Soup making , woman walking ten feet behind-ing , paper walls having source ?

The Wall Was Just Warmed Over Arthur !

Jazzy !

You always need a Godzilla reference in a Japenese thread.....
03-17-04 11:01 PM
kahoosier As a resident of the Asia-Pacific area, I would have been offended by all of that if I hadn't know that it was started by a forehead to wall bangin',matza ball rollin', candle lighten', penny pinchin', muslem baitin', Mel Gibson hatin', christ killin', big nosed, money grubbin', pork hatin',circumsizin', Jew!

Isn't ethnic humor fun when everyone gets a chance to practice it!
03-17-04 11:06 PM
Poplar
uh boy .... here we go ...
jb, your reply?

03-17-04 11:30 PM
kahoosier yeah poplar, I feel Like I have just done the equivalent of jumping from a plane without a chute by insulting 1 of the two most frequent and esteemed gentlemen on the board.

And yet, that is my point, I do respect people in general, so I cannot see how what he said would seem hurmerous while what I said is humerless. I lived with a Japanese for several years, and was offended by how the entire race was stereo typed.

If you want to be treated with sensitivity, you must act with sensitivity. Otherwise, by ancient Jewish belief, is it not an eye for an eye?
[Edited by kahoosier]
03-18-04 01:19 PM
glencar Joey is "esteemed"? WTF?
03-18-04 02:32 PM
zebulon Well, sad when a thread with great potention kinda drifts away ....

Let's come back to music and NEWS!
[Edited by zebulon]
03-18-04 06:35 PM
christijanus The news comes from a Japanese fanclub
03-18-04 06:40 PM
Gazza Is it "Stone People" ? They used to produce an amazing magazine.

Couldnt understand a word of it but the photos were wonderful. Then of course they later had a sister magazine "Stone People Europe" from Holland in a similar format.
03-18-04 07:54 PM
corgi37 My Grandfather lived with the Japanese too. It was for 2 years during WW2. He wasnt particularly fond of the accomodation or activities (building rail roads instead of relaxing) and he wasnt too fond of the bakes rat, but you know, it could have been worse. He could have been in Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

BEST VIEWED HIGH