ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame: Photos Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-16-04 01:16 PM
Angiegirl Does he miss Bill or what?? :

03-16-04 01:23 PM
Joey " Hair good, but too neat. "

Yeah , my Baby looks like he is revisiting the " Steel Wheels " period ( circa , 1989 )

Developing ...................................

Jazzy !
03-16-04 01:24 PM
LadyJane Wonder why Mick didn't join in the "all star jam"?

Any thoughts??

LJ.
03-16-04 01:27 PM
Joey " Wonder why Mick didn't join in the "all star jam"?

Any thoughts??

LJ. "

No , can't relate as my stomach has been upset all morning and I am shitting liquid .

I think I may have a " bug " or something .

Lamby .................better stay far away from me this afternoon ! I don't request your services .

" Stones Rule You Bastards !

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

Jazzy !

03-16-04 01:51 PM
sandrew I don't know if JB's right that Mick and Keith hate each other, but there's certainly something to the fact that they never socialize outside the life of the band.

Maybe after 40 years of working together in such close quarters -- especially in the early days where they actually lived together -- that's not such a big deal. They're like an old married couple. They need their space ...

Another thing I notice is that when he's not on the road, Keith looks less healthy. Maybe it's 'cause touring lifts his spirits. Or maybe it's 'cause he doesn't get nightly makeup jobs.
[Edited by sandrew]
03-16-04 01:55 PM
Saint Sway Keef is God

luv those pics - thanks for posting them

cant wait to see him in action when this airs
03-16-04 02:04 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Does he miss Bill or what?? :

Or maybe he's sad that Johnny Depp didn't get an Oscar!
03-16-04 02:14 PM
jb Anti-Semitism: A cancer again spreading in Europe.
"The hatred has been most palpable in France. There have been so many attacks on Jews in recent months that the chief rabbi has urged religious boys and men to wear baseball caps instead of yarmulkes outside their homes. In November, a newly built wing of the Merkaz Hatorah school outside paris was gutted by arson. Last week in a newspaper column headline 'Jewish children are in danger', six French scientists described recent episodes of anti-semitic violence in Parisian schools. In one of them, a girl was thrown to the ground and beaten by 20 students who were yelling'Dirty Jew, Dirty Jew!'. -Jeff Jacoby (The Boston Globe).
03-16-04 02:28 PM
Poplar
I look at those pictures and think:

" ... here comes another Stones tour ..."

damn, i'm excited.

03-16-04 02:31 PM
jb [quote]Poplar wrote:

I look at those pictures and think:

" ... here comes another Stones tour ..."

damn, i'm excited.

[/quote
I see French people.
03-16-04 02:36 PM
Poplar
affraid of the French?
yet another reason not to vote for John Kerry.

damn you jb - for drawing me into this.
i come here for Stones, and i'm seduced into politics.

03-16-04 02:38 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

affraid of the French?
yet another reason not to vote for John Kerry.

damn you jb - for drawing me into this.
i come here for Stones, and i'm seduced into politics.

lol..IT'S NOT THE fRENCH, BUT THE MUSLIMS IN FRANCE AND THE GOVERNMENT'S FEAR OF UPSETTING THEM..THUS,THE GOVERNMENT ENABLES THEIR ANTI-SEMITIC ACTS TOWARDS THE POOR FRENCH JEWS.
03-16-04 02:44 PM
Poplar
what about the headscarve ban?
that's not exactly appeasing the Muslims.
03-16-04 02:46 PM
jb What about Patriot Fries?
03-16-04 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Anti-Semitism: A cancer again spreading in Europe.
"The hatred has been most palpable in France. There have been so many attacks on Jews in recent months that the chief rabbi has urged religious boys and men to wear baseball caps instead of yarmulkes outside their homes. In November, a newly built wing of the Merkaz Hatorah school outside paris was gutted by arson. Last week in a newspaper column headline 'Jewish children are in danger', six French scientists described recent episodes of anti-semitic violence in Parisian schools. In one of them, a girl was thrown to the ground and beaten by 20 students who were yelling'Dirty Jew, Dirty Jew!'. -Jeff Jacoby (The Boston Globe).

I fear another Kristallnacht ....................and you ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?! Oh ,sure :

http://www.mtsu.edu/~baustin/knacht.html

Jazzy !
03-16-04 03:11 PM
jb Sophia Choi is a hot minky-and you?
03-16-04 03:13 PM
Joey " Sophia Choi is a hot minky-and you? "

Isn't that Rosie O'Donnell's " Wife " ?!?!?!

Developing ................................

Shivering ...................................

Shitting ....................................

Jercee

03-16-04 03:13 PM
glencar That Theo looks like her mother. Keith looks like his buried father. Oy!
03-16-04 03:19 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Keith looks like a deranged baboon that just had his bananas taken away!
Got love him!
03-16-04 04:04 PM
Gazza I think thats a great pic of Keith. very unusual to see him in that "pensive" looking mood. Far away eyes I guess.

Anyway - heres a little snippet from the Springsteen fan site "Backstreets" - www.backstreets.com - reposted here for the small Stones content plus the air times for the broadcast in the US

Bruce inducts Browne at 2004 ceremony
"Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in welcoming my very handsome friend, Jackson Browne, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." On Monday night, March 15, the Class of 2004 was officially inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with Springsteen doing the honors for his old friend. "I couldn't ask for anybody better," Browne said before the ceremony.

Bruce recalled opening for the "bona fide rock 'n' roll sex star" back in the '70s: "Being a little competitive, the E Street Band and I were sweating out our shows. And we were drawing rooms full of men -- and not that great-looking men! Jackson was drawing more women than an Indigo Girls show."

Springsteen, who did not perform at the ceremony, named songs like "Late for the Sky," "The Pretender," "Rock Me on the Water," "Take it Easy" and "Doctor My Eyes" as songs he wish he'd written, "along with 'Like a Rolling Stone' and 'Satisfaction.'" (Wait-- Bruce really wishes he'd rhymed "pretender" with "ice cream vendor?") Browne performed "The Pretender," from the 1976 Jon Landau-produced album of the same name, and 1977's "Running on Empty." In attendance along with Springsteen were Patti Scialfa, Landau (who got a thankyou from Browne), Dave Marsh, and Steve Van Zandt.

On Sunday March 21, VH1 will show an edited broadcast of highlights, with several repeat airings in the following days. The ceremony kicked off with a three-song workout from Prince, had Seger reunited with his Silver Bullet Band for "Turn the Page" and "Old Time Rock and Roll," and also featured a closing all-star jam with Traffic, Seger, Browne, Keith Richards, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, the Dells, and more.

VCR/DVR Alert: VH1's "2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"
March 21 - 8 p.m. Eastern
March 21 - 10:30 p.m. Eastern
March 22 - 11 p.m. Eastern
March 23 - 7:30 p.m. Eastern
March 24 - 1 p.m. Eastern

03-16-04 04:17 PM
Gazza IORR's news page is reporting that:

"Mick induced Rolling Stone Magazine editor Jann Wenner, while Keith induced ZZ Top".

I seriously hope THATS a typo. A Rolling Stone as a midwife for some hairy Texan dude giving birth wouldn't be my idea of wholesome family entertainment..
03-16-04 04:18 PM
Monkey Woman Damn my f*cking computer! I intended to answer earlier but had to fight Internet bugs.

Re the problem jb raises... Speaking as someone who lives here, reads the news carefully and have both Muslim and Jewish friends, here's a few points.

The raise in antisemitic threats and attacks in the whole Europe is a terrible reality, but one can't say it's worse in France than in other countries. I've read reports of what happens in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Holland... For But now, there is a strong emotion here, many people in the press, the govt and the religious leaders took a stand and said clearly it was not to be tolerated. Authors of attacks and insults were tried and condemned, and we've had books, articles and TV talk-shows devoted to how to fight this problem.

The sad fact is that it took a long time to the government to react. The insults, attacks of Jewish people and synagogues began in 2002 but the govt really took a stand last year. Now they very strongly condemn these acts but it was the president of the European Community (the Italian Romano Prodi) who launched a coordinated effort against antisemitism in Europe. The honor of Europe in this is at stake too, and it's important that we act together.

And yes, it's linked here to a strong muslim community but it's a also a thorny problem. First because the muslims here are often victims of racist attacks themselves. (There was an attack against a mosque last week, for instance.) So we have to condemn both anti-semitic and anti-arab crimes, and teach to young people to respect each other, regardless of ethic origin, skin color or religious beliefs.

There is sadly a very dangerous extreme-right-wing, racist movement (the so-called Front National), wich hates Arabs as much as Jews. The local election this week-end could show either their progress or, as I hope strongly, their failing.
But some (not all!) of the muslim community leaders are playing with fire and kindling a hate towards the Jews in hope to unite the Muslims here against a common ennemy. I'm afraid some (again, not all) the Jewish community leaders are not helping when they unconditionnally support whatever the Israel govt say and do. So it's a vicious circle: to antisemitic hate, some answer by anti-arab hate, and so on. Many people among the French (I'm talking here about the general population) dislike antisemitism but do not agree with Ariel Sharon. They think that the Jews in European countries should not suffer from what goes on in the Palestinian territories, as well as the European muslim immigrants should not be confused with the islamic fundamentalists.

The "headscarf affair" is another problem. In a way, it's not something that could happen elsewhere than in France. The majority feel that religious should be private, and at least not to interfere with public affairs: education, the hospitals,

A few important points: the law doesn't ban completely the islamic headscarf for women, as some claimed in Iran and other countries... It forbids to wear ostensibly all kind of highly visible religious signs (not only muslim) at school and in public services (town halls, hospitals, etc.)
Of course, everybody is free to wear yarmulkas, headscarfs or crosses in the street, at home, in religious edifices, etc.
But there were real problems, especially with girls who insisted to wear in class a kind of veil that completely and closely covers the hair and is often associated with the more extreme islamic fundamentalists (in Iran, women have to wear a similar garment under threat of prison and whip). Hence the law about the veil.

But a scarf or a bandanna used to attach the hair on the head without masking the ears and neck can be worn anywhere. As is an ordinary cap for Jewish men. (I work in the public service and I have a Jewish collegue who always wears a cap at work, even before the law. He studies to be a rabbi and doesn't eat in the same cafeteria as the rest but brings a kosher meal. Very serious and devoted to his religions, and a scrupulous civil servant too.)
03-16-04 04:20 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
IORR's news page is reporting that:

"Mick induced Rolling Stone Magazine editor Jann Wenner, while Keith induced ZZ Top".

I seriously hope THATS a typo. A Rolling Stone as a midwife for some hairy Texan dude giving birth wouldn't be my idea of wholesome family entertainment..

ROTFL! Now that'd top Janet's nipple show!
03-16-04 06:17 PM
Sway In some shots Keith looks great and others just terrible.

Mick looks damn good.
03-16-04 08:20 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Wonder why Mick didn't join in the "all star jam"?

Any thoughts??

LJ.

My dear LadyJ...please slap yourself!
I can't reach that far, LOL

But seriously, think about it...
Mick has more class. And I don't mean that in a snobby way.
He has more respect for his fellow inductees by NOT joining in on the "jam" and upstaging all the poor bastards (IMO). After all, Mick is the frontman to bill ALL frontmen!
However, it would have been such a delight for the evening
03-16-04 08:57 PM
LadyJane Pammy..Is that really you?? Where have you been??

Silly, silly me!! OF COURSE...Mick didn't want to upstage EVERYONE!!!

He did look mighty fine, didn't he??

LJ.
03-18-04 10:59 AM
padre Have you heard about that rumour that either Dusty Hill or Billy Gibbons of ZZ TOP is wearing a fake beard nowadays? Anyone else heard about this and which is the fake one?
03-18-04 02:51 PM
Joey " Have you heard about that rumour that either Dusty Hill or Billy Gibbons of ZZ TOP is wearing a fake beard nowadays? Anyone else heard about this and which is the fake one? "

03-18-04 03:56 PM
glencar MW, it's one thing if French Jewish leaders are saying anti-Muslim things out of racism but I don't see how their support of the Sharon regime(which you should know I DON'T support) should cause them anti-Semitic attacks in return.
03-19-04 07:04 AM
Monkey Woman Well, Glencar, it's not so much that some of them support Sharon than the *way* they do it. I didn't want to go into details in my already long post, but some (and again I stress some, not all) Jewish personalities in France, as in other countries probably, who act and talk as if to criticize Israel as a state was the same thing than attacking the Jews as a people. To put their point of view in a nutshell: if you say Sharon's policy is dangerous, they say you are an antisemit. I've even heard respected writers and religious leaders implying that if one is Jewish and doesn't support Israel, they are "shameful" Jews who hate themselves and are no better than the antisemits.

On a lighter note: as you see, they sound a lot like jb in his more inspired days, don't you think?
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH