ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hendrix/Doors--NSC Return to archive
03-14-04 10:08 PM
jpenn11 Please recommend the essential Hendrix and Doors boots (one or two of each)

Thanks
03-15-04 02:10 AM
Taptrick As long as your looking at the doors and Hendrix I think you should check out Woke Up This Morning and Found Myself Dead. It's been released by so many entities and in so many different form that you might not even call it a boot at this point. Nothing fabulous musically but I still have to hear that track where Jimi and Jim try to jam and they both sound....well - fucked up. Jim keeps singing about anal sex and in the beginning you can hear Jimi tell him something like "...no, no, no - sing in that one there - that's the recording mike."

Voodoo will probably be able to give you the best reference for a quality Hendrix boot.

03-16-04 12:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I thought the same Taptrick, in fact the only known recording with Jim and Jimi, Jim really wasted and nasty

If you want a good bootleg opf the Doors but the new box, is an official edition of well-known bootlegs, Emerson, lake and Palmer also did the same some years ago and under the same label

For Jimi it's hard, and many of the best bootlegs of the past are now officialy released. Remaining bootlegs that have not been released are The Traffic - Jimi Hendrix Sessions with Dave Mason, Steve Winwood and Chris Wood, also "Voodoo Blues" with the Electric Ladyland outtakes

Recently the Axis Bold as Love sessions were released "semi officialy" I posted about it here a long time ago, it includes Brian Jones in two takes of "My Little One" now appearing as "Little One"
03-17-04 12:18 AM
jpenn11 Thanks, I recently found the Morrison/Hendrix thing on an import at Tower (though not all the session, I think). I'll search harder for the rest of the official stuff.

BEST VIEWED HIGH