ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Don't Lie To Me" Fort worth 72 Return to archive
03-13-04 05:30 PM
headshrinker is this a stones song that i've never heard before or a cover? if so who's it by??

thanx
03-13-04 06:00 PM
Gazza Its a Chuck Berry song.

A 1964 studio recording of the Stones' covering it was officially released on "Metamorphosis" in June 1975.

The version from Fort worth'72 is the only bootlegged occasion the Stones ever played it in concert, although theres a Feb. 1964 BBC studios "Saturday Club" broadcast of it available on bootlegs.

They probably played it in concert around Feb. 1964 however
[Edited by Gazza]
03-13-04 08:55 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The version from Fort worth'72 is the only bootlegged occasion the Stones ever played it in concert, although theres a Feb. 1964 BBC studios "Saturday Club" broadcast of it available on bootlegs.

Whats the date on dat show?
03-13-04 09:37 PM
T&A I believe this is the only Berry song that Keith ever ceded the solo to another player - MT, in this case.
03-14-04 06:30 AM
rocky hi "don't lie to me" recorded by chuck berry 12.2.60.Rocky
03-14-04 06:59 AM
beer polksalasd69. how do you have 7000 posts? the only way to get that many is to constantly flood the board and i have never even seen you here before 2 weeks ago. how is this possible? just wondering.
03-14-04 11:36 AM
stickyturd In Route 66 from the 1973 Nicaraguan Benefit, it sounds like Mick Taylor is playing the Berrt-style leads in the beginning of the song.

Russ
03-14-04 12:04 PM
T&A you may be right about the Route 66 deal, Russ - but, technically, I gotcha, cause Route 66 ain't a Berry tune!
03-14-04 08:27 PM
polksalad69
quote:
beer wrote:
polksalasd69. how do you have 7000 posts? the only way to get that many is to constantly flood the board and i have never even seen you here before 2 weeks ago. how is this possible? just wondering.

http://www.novogate.com/board/2891/index.php

polksalad69
Knight in the Primeval Order of III

So what's the date of the '72 show?
[Edited by polksalad69]
03-16-04 02:09 AM
Zack Polksalad, I still don't get it.

As for the 72 show, I love Mick saying "was it really really really real?" which I guess means the idea of doing it wasn't really seriously considered and it just came out. Other than Dead Flowers at the same set of L & G shows and the opening night in Vancouver, I don't think there were any other deviations from the standard set list the whole tour. Correct?

Check me out, 100 posts! Now I'm a true fan like JB! Maybe I get to touch Joey's monkey!
03-16-04 09:15 AM
scope
quote:
beer wrote:
polksalasd69. how do you have 7000 posts? the only way to get that many is to constantly flood the board and i have never even seen you here before 2 weeks ago. how is this possible? just wondering.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the post count is shared between different boards at the novogate site. That's not fair!
03-16-04 12:07 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
scope wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the post count is shared between different boards at the novogate site. That's not fair!

You are correct. Others are pushing 9000 and 10000 posts over there. (Posts: 8644 | Registered: Mar 2002 )

Life is not fair. I have several handles w/less posts. Case in point.
03-17-04 11:22 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

You are correct. Others are pushing 9000 and 10000 posts over there.

perhaps jb and joey should get over to that Hank Williams III board and unload a truckful of "air posts" and "emoti-posts"

the poor bastards won't know what hit them - esp. when they see that they have over 7000 posts already

jb - Joey - go for it!!!
03-18-04 12:24 AM
polksalad69
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

perhaps jb and joey should get over to that Hank Williams III board and unload a truckful of "air posts" and "emoti-posts"

the poor bastards won't know what hit them - esp. when they see that they have over 7000 posts already

jb - Joey - go for it!!!

You don't think I like da Stones?
03-18-04 12:31 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

You don't think I like da Stones?

no, i don't mean that and i'm sorry if you got that impression

it was more to do with the fact that you, as a relative newcomer here, have raised so much interst due to your number of posts - i was just suggesting that jb and joey go over there and see what reaction they'd get - particulalrly as many of their posts are in no way related to the "subject" of the board

what's your favourite stones album??

03-18-04 12:45 AM
polksalad69 Fav Stones lp would be Beggars followed by Some Girls.
03-18-04 12:56 AM
stonedinaustralia what are your three fav hank snr. songs

mine,in no particular order, tho it is hard to keep it to three:

lost highway

i'm so lonesome i could cry

honky tonk blues
03-18-04 01:01 AM
polksalad69
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
what are your three fav hank snr. songs

mine,in no particular order, tho it is hard to keep it to three:

lost highway

i'm so lonesome i could cry

honky tonk blues

Yeah it's pretty tough but "Lost Highway" would have to be up there.

"My Bucket's Got a Hole in It" because III had been singing it on tour and "Long Gone Lonesome Blues"
03-18-04 01:15 AM
stonedinaustralia what other HW snr. tunes does HWIII do??

what's his stufff like - is it "straight" c&w or does it have rock and roll overtones??

thanks
03-18-04 01:22 AM
polksalad69
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
what other HW snr. tunes does HWIII do??

what's his stufff like - is it "straight" c&w or does it have rock and roll overtones??

thanks

It's closer to strait cuntry (sic), a little rougher than say Wayne Hancock who he covers quite a bit. Not really rock'n'roll. The hellbilly is heavier and then Assjack is super heavy. What other Sr. songs does he do? Shit, I've got a bunch of bootlegs and I'm drawing a blank. Some setlists below. Sorry, kinda brain dead at this hour. Think I'm gonna call it a night. Nice talking to ya and clearing the air.

http://tvcasualty.com/hank3/setlists/setlists.html
03-18-04 01:34 AM
devilman
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

no, i don't mean that and i'm sorry if you got that impression

it was more to do with the fact that you, as a relative newcomer here, have raised so much interst due to your number of posts - i was just suggesting that jb and joey go over there and see what reaction they'd get - particulalrly as many of their posts are in no way related to the "subject" of the board

what's your favourite stones album??

It wouldn't get much of a response at all since most folks at the III board are already aware of the fact that Novogate post #'s xferr from board to board.
03-18-04 01:59 AM
stonedinaustralia devilman

they may be hip to the number of posts thing but are they ready for some of the stuff they come up with:

jew lists

tales of six figure incomes mitigated by severe colon problems

interminable talk of "uncaking"

and, of course, this sort of thing:

WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY?? JACKY THE CAKEJACKY JACKY THE CAKETHE CAKETHE CAKETHE CAKE WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??
WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY?? JACKY THE CAKESJACKY JACKY CAKESCAKESCAKESCAKES WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??

Shitting liquid..................literally...........

and so forth

cheers
03-18-04 07:30 AM
aloneandforsaken
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
devilman

they may be hip to the number of posts thing but are they ready for some of the stuff they come up with:

jew lists

tales of six figure incomes mitigated by severe colon problems

interminable talk of "uncaking"

and, of course, this sort of thing:

WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY?? JACKY THE CAKEJACKY JACKY THE CAKETHE CAKETHE CAKETHE CAKE WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??
WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY?? JACKY THE CAKESJACKY JACKY CAKESCAKESCAKESCAKES WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??WHY??

Shitting liquid..................literally...........

and so forth

cheers

Honestly? It wouldn't suprise us that much- par for the course.

And I dig the Stones too. Especially Their Satanic Majesties Request, Some Girls, and Aftermath
03-18-04 07:44 AM
Zeeta
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

"air-posts" hahaha! Great stuff mate!
03-18-04 03:39 PM
Silly Newbie Like...who are the Rolling Stones?
03-18-04 03:52 PM
glencar I like that Hank Williams song about a tear in his beer, you were on my loonely mind. Quite touching duet with the son.
03-18-04 04:18 PM
Gazza great video!! One of my fave videos ever

BEST VIEWED HIGH