ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Summer's closing in - time for Emotional Rescue! Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-15-04 01:41 AM
Zack Sorry Steel Wheels, I misread your post. As I said I've never seen the new Dead. But I do own "Only the Strange Remain" which was pretty upbeat to me.

But I frankly don't listen to it much. Why go for someone trying to be Garcia when you can have the real thing coming out of your speakers.
03-15-04 04:13 PM
Poplar [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
"maybe i'll become a plaaayboy and hang around in gaaay bars....and moooove...to the west side of town"

that has ALWAYS been one of my top Stones lines.
i sing it aloud every time i hear it. i think ER and Some Girls are sibling albums. and they are both great summer albums. yes yes yes. hot nights, no AC, cold booze, and sweaty sheets. well well well.

03-16-04 01:41 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>The Dead with Jerry = snoozefest. They can have Jimmy Buffett, Warren whatever, So and So, but it's over Johnny. <<<
It's so over that it's due to be over again soon.
Another thing that is over but will again be over is their name issue. The Grateful Dead is The Dead.
Yawn to the whole thing.
Bring me Emotional Rescue!<<<

That’s your opinion and you have every right to it no matter how far off base you are.
The band retired the name “Grateful” out of respect for Jerry and because of the fact that there can never be The Grateful Dead without him. But, Jerry was not the entire band and couldn’t have pulled it off without the other guys. They weren’t a backing band to Jerry, but a group of musicians interacting with each other to make some damn great music. Therefore keeping the name The Dead certainly is the right thing to do. It’s carrying on the spirit of the music, which is to always be adventurous and hopefully take it to new and interesting places. So its not like they are trying to cash in or anything, they’re just keeping the music alive. I’ve seen several shows and they were fucking excellent. Musically speaking they were better then some of the GD shows that I seen with Jerry, but it was missing that magical feeling that will never happen again.
So, you can yawn all you want but I’ll keep on Dancing because these guys can still deliver the goods. Also, since I’m a rhythm man and Keith isn’t on tour, it just doesn’t get much better then watching the rhythm ace,
Bob Weir work the fretboard.
THE MUSIC NEVER STOPPED!

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH