ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: See the famous tongue sneaks Return to archive
03-08-02 10:56 AM
nankerphelge Go to e-bay and type "Rolling STones Converse" in the search box and see for yourself the absolutely beautiful FPM-inspired shoes that I clearly paid too much for!
03-08-02 11:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

To bid click this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=850037737

03-09-02 08:10 AM
nanky Ain't they beautiful.

How could I not get those!?

In the words of FPM

"They're the right brand, the right band, and the right size..."

03-09-02 12:06 PM
FPM C10 They ARE cool. I'd give you the same advice today. As for paying too much - who knew you'd ever see another pair?

Have you worn them yet, or are you saving them for the Stones?

In a related vein, I bought a Sex Pistols t-shirt in 1978 (the same shirt was part of the London Punk display at the Hall of Fame- has a transfer of a nude girl's torso with garters & stockings and safety pins) and, although I did wear it many times in my younger days, I eventually put it away in the bottom of a drawer - and then got it back out in 1996 to wear to Roseland Ballroom to see the Sex Pistols. Haven't worn it since. It's so old and faded it's almost transparent.

Well, that's not >exactly< related to your shoes. You won't have to wait 18 years to wear them.

Geez, that's an aspect of the upcoming tour I haven't even gotten excited about yet - new merchandise! NEW T-SHIRTS! NEW PROGRAMS! NEW BOOTS AND PANTIES!

I always wanted one of those Steel Wheels leather jackets. Unlike you and your shoes, I couldn't talk myself into shelling out the money. I think they were $400.
03-09-02 03:13 PM
nanky The damn stuff's expensive.

But they do manage to come up with something for everyone. The missus picked up the Voodoo Lounge bandana - black with all the little red and yellow devil nymphs that danced behind Mick during '94 Beast of Burden (?).

I got my Stones Withstand poster today.
The missus doesn't much care for it though.
Bit too blatent for her taste.
She's kinda right.
It's the Underage Sex thing I think.

That whole '94 tour was just riddled with scandal.
Goat men, and Mick getting caught with a fax from Carla, and the devil himself making an appearance playing cards with the skeletons. Voodoo bands playing warm-up -- and Mick in that Top Hat and shades. Ronnie has a great piece on his board of Mick in that outfit -- trouble is you'd have to sell the kids to science to pay for one.

03-09-02 03:41 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Shit Nank, you can always have more kids.....

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.