||Mothers are a girl's best friend: Kate Hudson, Leah Wood, Elizabeth Jagger and Joley Richardson party with theirs - what do you do with yours? It's official - Mum's are this season's fashion 'must have'.
Leading health and beauty retailer Superdrug has revealed results from an in-store survey that highlights the changing relationship between mothers and daughters. The latest trend is to take great pride in your mum and wear her on your arm as if she were the latest Lulu Guiness handbag, showing her off to your mates and not just using her as a shoulder to cry on.
500 women between the ages of 16 and 36 were interviewed across the country and the results were staggering:
- 48% said that they would take their mums to a mates party
- 43% said that they would go on a double date with their mum
- 65% said that they would go "on the pull" with their mum
- 73% said that they would go on a girls weekend with their mum
- 81% said that they would go to their mum with their 'man troubles'
Looking at these figures, it's no wonder that this year's Mother's Day top sellers at Superdrug have been fashion-led make-up ranges from 'Kolor' and 'Too Faced' from the U.S. Mothers are going to be out in force this mother's day, painting the town red with their daughters and living life as if they were 21 all over again!