ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So I'm driving home last night..... Return to archive
03-06-02 07:42 AM
Maxlugar ...from the train station. The DJ was saying something about the Stones in a small club just as I'm turing on the radio.

Then he goes right into Jumpin' Jack Flash off Love You Live.

Wow!

My blood is pumpin'!!!! And this is on Q104.3, that station that supposedly was going to have Mick on last night.

As I'm pulling up to my house, Jumpin Jack Flash is ending and I'm listening intently thinking the DJ is going to say more about this club thing he was talking about just before he went into the song.

And what happens next?

He lets it go right into Sympahty for the Devil!!!

Fuck yeah!!

I take off my blinker and go right past my house!!!!

Now I'm in heaven. The whole Tri-state area is getting a chance to hear the Stones live at their most rocking! I'm thinking this is definately being played because some announcement was just made.

Then the song ends and the DJ comes back on and says he was playing those two songs in honor of the 25th anniversary of the '77 El Macombo shows.

He actually goes into how those songs sounded so great in the small club atmosphere. Did he not hear the crowd sounding like 100,000 people after those songs? And that Ronnie was brought in as the lead guitarist and how that finally let Keith lay back on rhythm.

Oh brother.

Nothing was said about any tour or about Mick being on later that night.

But even the erroneous info and no tour announcement didn't ruin it for me. I was stoked! I went down to my local bootleg store and got the '89 Toads Place show (One down 55 to go)and rocked when I got home. Also bought the new Goldmine while I was there. Loads of Stones related things like the making of Aftermath and Bill Wyman interview.

That is all....

Maxlugar, 10
03-06-02 02:29 PM
nankerphelge Isn't it amazing how a few hundred people can roar like a whole French stadium full of people when JJF and SYmpathy are played. I bet they are all still hoarse after all these years.
03-06-02 05:18 PM
Gazza Thats hilarious - but it was a nice gesture of him nonetheless

Actually the Paris shows were at an indoor arena - a converted slaughterhouse in fact (since demolished) - they didnt play any outdoor shows in Paris until '82

Jumpin Jack Flash from "Love you live" is from Paris 1976 - "Sympathy" actually was recorded at the L.A. Forum in 1975- an even BIGGER arena!
03-06-02 06:14 PM
Maxlugar Yeah man I got that Paris show on video. Well parts of it. I don't think anyone has the full version. That version of Jumpin Jack is on it. Mick was on fire. No wonder he can barely speak, let alone sing, the words.
03-06-02 09:55 PM
Miss U. Love You Live is awesome!!! Let's hope the club gigs next tour are as hot as that.

And the video of the interview with Mick, Woody and Charlie about it is hilarious!
If Mick needs more Frenching lessons, I may be willing...
03-06-02 10:28 PM
Maxlugar You make Maxy say "Huh?".

What video Miss U.?

I need that one I think.

Developing...........

Maxy!!!!!!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.