ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger and Matchbox Twenty Return to archive
03-05-02 03:17 PM
Jaxx Mick Jagger, Willie Nelson May Guest On New Matchbox Twenty LP

By Corey Moss

After lending his songwriting skills to rockers like Carlos Santana and Willie Nelson, Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas is finally having the favor returned.

Mick Jagger, who enlisted Thomas to co-write "Visions of Paradise" for his recent solo album, Goddess in the Doorway (see "Mick Jagger Finds 'Joy' With Bono On Solo LP"), has co-written a track with Thomas for the next Matchbox Twenty record and may sing on it.

"We're talking about him coming in to do background vocals," Thomas said last week at Clive Davis' annual Grammy Eve party . "But you never know, it's so hard to get things scheduled sometimes."

The track written by the songwriting team is called "I Got a Disease" and will be recorded by Thomas and his Matchbox Twenty bandmates when they return to the studio in July to record their third album.

Matt Serletic, the producer behind 1996's Yourself or Someone Like You and 2000's Mad Season, will again be working with the band, despite his recent agreement to run Virgin Records.

"Matt is one of my best friends, and part of his contract allows for him to record Matchbox Twenty records, so that's very nice," Thomas said.

Although Thomas' bandmates are spread around the country, he said they've been working on material for a few months. "We have a list of like 100 songs," he said. "It comes down to a time when you need to make a little list out of the big list, so we're starting to get into that stage now. You know, 'What do I really like? If I had to pick 12 songs what would they be?' "

Like his Santana hit "Smooth," some of the new material has been inspired by Thomas' wife of two years, Marisol. "Sometimes we'll have a fight, and I have to go write about it," he said with a laugh, followed by an elbow from his wife, who walked the red carpet with her husband.

Nelson, whose January release feature three songs written by Thomas (see "Rob Thomas, Kid Rock Lend A Hand To Willie Nelson"), may also appear on the Matchbox Twenty album. "If he's around [the studio], I'll make him play guitar for sure," Thomas said.

This report is from MTV News

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.