ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tour announcement????????? Return to archive
03-04-02 09:41 PM
sly word from the iorr board states the stones will announce the tour on july 12th from philly. opening date is sept 5th in a small club, NOT the vet
03-04-02 09:50 PM
beer Lucky Philly!
03-05-02 09:12 AM
nankerphelge That could be -- didn't they announce the B2B tour around July 4th?

Man that's way too late -- we need better info sooner.

And how could they start a tour with a club date -- that would be impossible -- there is just no way -- they'd have a riot.

If they are so hell bent on starting with a small show, I suggest my back yard. I'll grill up some steaks and sausages and get a keg or two.

03-05-02 09:34 AM
Joey Summit at Marc's house this fall .

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey

J. Joeyfly ( Joey , C10 )

03-05-02 02:26 PM
Gazza BTB tour was announced pretty late - 18th August - 36 days before it opened

Think youre maybe getting it mixed up with Steel Wheels which was announced on 11th July 1989 - 51 days before it opened

Voodoo Lounge was announced on 3rd May 1994 - that tour didnt start until 1st August

On each of those tours,the official opening was preceded by at least one club show..if their "official" opening is at an outdoor show in Philly or anywhere,I doubt theyd announce any club show more than 24-48 hours in advance (reduces the hysteria of scalping and gets loads of publicity just before the main thing kicks off..)I'd imagine any club date on the next tour will work the same way even if (like the 95 European shows and the 99 Shepherds Bush gig) the small shows were pretty much an unconfirmed open secret for weeks in advance.

presume from the lack of news that the gossip on a Mick & keith interview on new York radio and the talk of an announcement this week was complete bullshit then?
03-05-02 03:12 PM
Maxlugar Looks like BS to me.

Nothing about it on their website.

Not to mention, why would they announce any specific tour plans at 11:00PM?

I shall not stay up to find out.

Maxy!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.