ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Music to Bring on Trip Return to archive
03-20-03 01:24 AM
Prodigal Son Well, I ain't going to Seattle for a band trip because there's too much of a risk of losing all the money in case the school board cancels our INTERNATIONAL trip at the last second. It sucks, but it's cause of this war. Some other school got theirs to Scotland cancelled the day before! Ouch. See, as some know, I'm from Calgary, in Western Canada. So I was getting primed to go to Seattle but now we have to reroute and go to Victoria (on Vancouver Island right out by the ocean). It's somewhere I haven't been, but it still blows. We were going to go to the Experience Music Project, it had Hendrix stuff too!!! And a Mariners ballgame, and I love going to a good ball park like Safeco Field (something Canada lacks which is why no one wants to go to the crappy Olympic Stadium or Skydome, awful venues to watch baseball, a great sport if played right-behind hockey and football in my preference but what the hell, I play it best).
As for the real topic, I'm going to be in rock heaven. By my calculations of when we stop, doddle around and/or go from site to site, I have about 35 hours of music to spare. So, I'm bringing, my 11 volumes of Stones music (including some boots-Brussels, On TV, the Decca Years, Get a Line on You), that includes all their released material, save a few songs and crappy exclusions like "My Girl" from 1965 to 83!!! What a rush it will be... Also, I'll bring my 8 volumes (these are like 90-100 min. things here, folks) of the Who, 1964-78, and the Doors, 1967-71 and a bunch of CD's too. I've listened to my collections in long periods but never in a continuous week, but it's a start. I will love going through the mountains out to the sea and drown in the ocean of love with the Stones especially and some other great music. Just wanted to tell anyone who cares about this great listening experience (I just love these long bus or car trips, it gives me opportunities to listen to wonderful driving music). This happens all in late April.
"They're all wasted!"
Baba O'Who, 1971
I can't help it...
"Wallop me in the face Ronnie with a giant kilbasa!"

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST