ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Music That Matters To The Stones (new cd) Return to archive
03-18-03 01:55 PM
lonecrapshooter www.hearmusic.com

I was very surprised to see this new CD for sale at Starbucks today for $14.95. It's called Artist's Choice Rolling Stones Music That Matters To Them. It's very well done with a booklet and extensive quotes by the Stones related to each song they chose. Also, very excellent shots of the boys on the cover. They were interviewed in Toronto during the tour for this. Here's the track listing:

MJ: James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (Part I)
RW: Al Green - I'm Still In Love You
CW: Otis Redding - I Can't Turn You Loose
KR: Muddy Waters - Still A Fool
KR: Robert Johnson - 32-20 Blues
MJ: Eddie Cochran - C'mon Everybody
CW: Little Richard - The Girl Can't Help It
CW: Earl Bostic - Flamingo
KR: Andre Williams - Jail Bait
MJ: Sly & The Family Stone - If You Want Me To Stay
KR: The Itals - In A Dis A Time
MJ: Sade - By Your Side
RW: Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
CW: The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine Is Weak
RW: Muddy Waters - You Shook Me
RW: The Beach Boys - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

[Edited by lonecrapshooter]
03-18-03 07:10 PM
Turner a friend of mine gave me this cd and i enjoy it very much. a change of pace
03-18-03 08:33 PM
glencar I'll have to remember to pick this one up.
03-18-03 11:27 PM
MarthaMyDear I just bought this today, also (at Starbucks)!!! COOL!!! I look forward to listening to it!!! It looks pretty, darn good!!!

*** Martha ***
03-19-03 12:08 AM
Martha I do not live anywhere near a Starbucks............................
whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

03-19-03 12:23 AM
Fiji Joe Sade? Where the hell did that come from? That crazy whacky Mick...he's so cosmopolitan
03-19-03 03:50 AM
MarthaMyDear Martha, I think you can get Starbucks coffee, espresso, etc., delivered to you (I would think so) through, probably, http://www.starbucks.com You ain't missing much as the stores are so damn generic, etc., but the coffee, espresso, and food are to die for, IMHO!!! lol.................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, you can get the CD through the link in the first post above!!! Do you have any espresso places and/or coffee houses near you?!?!?! I actually bought a really good-priced espresso maker from Amazon.com (it was on sale, etc.) and it works GREAT!!! It's by Mellitta and it was only about $60.00!!! http://www.starbucks.com probably sells them, also, for substantially more but their machines are really good ones, etc.... Nothing beats the espresso machines at coffeehouses and at in-store Starbucks, etc., though as those are the machines that make the best espresso, etc., but those big, industrial machines usually run around a thousand dollars, if I remember correctly (?!?!?!)... Actually, Tommy Lee (Motley Crue) had Starbucks install a "mini Starbucks bar" complete with their cups and the industrial machine, etc., in his house 'cause he was sick of going down to the Starbucks every day... Must be nice!!! lol.................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I would LOVE to own one of those industrial machines!!! UGH!!!

And, Figi Joe, I bet Mick likes Sade for more than her "cosmopolitaness"!!! HA!!! HA!!! lol.................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P By the way... I forgot to tell you!!! I love that cute, little Loving Cup graphic you made!!! It's very cute...

Anyways, take care, you two, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
03-19-03 04:10 AM
woodywoodpecker
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Sade? Where the hell did that come from? That crazy whacky Mick...he's so cosmopolitan

HAHA Fiji my thoughts exactly SADE? YIKES!!

03-19-03 04:43 AM
MarthaMyDear I like Sade... lol....................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That's ok., though... To each their own!!!

*** Martha ***
03-19-03 05:15 AM
stonedinaustralia the bit of sade i've heard i've liked

"smooth operator" - and that's about the extent of my understanding - is good from a song and performance p.o.v. -anyway, i like it

03-19-03 09:44 AM
lonecrapshooter I was surprsed but not shocked to see Sade's By Your Side on this cd. On a personal note, on my honeymoon in Hawaii we heard that song and my wife (who loves the Stones and the blues as much as I do) fell in love with it. She added it to the DVD soundtrack to our wedding which also includes Stones songs we played at the wedding including Hang On To Me Tonight, Under My Thumb, Honest I Do. She freaked out when she heard Mick loves it too.
03-19-03 01:34 PM
Martha Hey Martha!

Thanks for the coffee chat! You are so fun.

Will you be signing up for SS's compilation CD offer in my thread? I stil have room for a burnless and one burner.

PM me if you aren't getting this one any other way.

Someone has graciously offered to burn a copy of the above for me...Rocks Off is the best!

hugs all around,
Martha

smoooooooooooooooth operaaatoooor
03-19-03 04:00 PM
Prodigal Son Nice choices by all. Ronnie really dug into the R&B classics. He likes similar music to me. "I Just Wasn't Made for these Times".... fucking brilliant. And Mick picking "If You Want Me to Stay"? Hmmm, maybe a theme song for Jerry Hall a couple of years back tha reminds Mick of some things close to him.
03-19-03 04:18 PM
VirginiaMonkeyMan Hey all! My Starbucks also has 40 Licks with a green toungue on the cover. Anyone know what's up with that?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST