ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PLEASE READ - a special request 3/17 Return to archive
03-17-03 01:00 PM
FPM C10

As I may have mentioned in passing, (I know I did at Gas X3) I lost a person who was very important in my life just recently, and I'm throwing an Irish wake for him tonight.

Plenty of Stones content here - he saw 'em in '72 at the "Philadelphia Special" show, then took me to see them in '75 - we had a band together in '78-'79 that did a ton of Stones songs - then he moved to Denver and I didn't see too much of him. After a few years of not being in contact we resumed our friendship in '97 when we both ended up at the Stones show in Atlanta.

Anyway, the special request I have is for ALL of you to take part in the wake. Sometime tonight, while you're out carousing, lift a glass for Danny Boy Brown. Guinness or Jameson's, if possible, but lesser elixers will be accepted. The hymn we're singing tonight is "You Gotta Move" by that great Irishman Mississippi Fred McDowell, so if you're at home, please play Sticky Fingers and think of me and Dan.

Gazza, I especially need your help here - Dan was 100% Irish even though he never made it to the Emerald Isle --his Irish ancestors were named McNulty, which sloppy handwriting on the back of a photo changed to McNutty. When I got an e-mail from the Right Rockin' Rev. Mickey McNutty, I knew it was from Danny Boy. It would do his soul and mine a LOT of good to know that a toast in his honor was being hoisted in Ireland tonight.

I'll guarantee all of you this - if you had KNOWN Dan, you would be drinking a toast to him yourself. So help me out, my friends. It won't hurt a bit.

Thanks, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
03-17-03 01:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ayyyy-men. I can think of no better sendoff for any good man or woman than an Irish wake, and by God, when I go, I want people laughing so hard through their booze that they won't be able to get out and see me put in the ground.

Condolences to you and your friend's family, and I'll hoist a glass tonight. I was actually planning a little ceremony of remembrance to all my friends long-gone, blasting "The Rocky Road To Dublin". Again, good health and condolences to you and your friend's family.

-tSYX.
03-17-03 01:12 PM
scope Consider it done. A toast to your dear friend will take place tonight in NYC.
03-17-03 01:16 PM
nankerphelge Well I don't normally drink.
But I'll make an exception just this once!
03-17-03 01:22 PM
lonecrapshooter I'll play YGM on the jukebox tonight for your good Irish buddy!
03-17-03 01:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I'll put sticky in the player right now!
03-17-03 01:25 PM
Joey I quit drinking ten years ago due to a terrible liver condition ( and the fact that my Kidneys are the size of raisins ) , but I will toss a few back tonight JUST for you Fleabit !

Jacky Jack O' Boy !
03-17-03 01:31 PM
LadyJane I'm so sorry! This Irish woman will toast and probably shed a tear. Oh hell, I'm crying right now! And if it helps, I'll remember him in my prayers!!

LadyJ.
03-17-03 01:34 PM
Monkey Woman Consider it done, FPM. It's already evening here in Europe, so I'll be raising my glass and play Sticky Fingers very soon in honor of Danny. Your post make me feel like I knew him too, in a way.

And to every Irishman or woman here, have a great St Patrick's Day!
03-17-03 01:41 PM
glencar May he rest in peace. What a sad time for his family & friends...
03-17-03 02:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm gonna be very busy at that time, but just changed the header in his memory, rest in peace and so sorry for you Monkey, to lost a friend, a real friend is really sad. You chose yourfriends but not your relatives, classmates, etc
03-17-03 02:27 PM
throbby FPM C10 wrote:
The hymn we're singing tonight is "You Gotta Move" by that great Irishman Mississippi Fred McDowell, so if you're at home, please play Sticky Fingers and think of me and Dan.

Consider it done FPM C10. Dan did well to have you for a friend.
03-17-03 02:45 PM
Fiji Joe Fiji's toasting...my glass is raised
03-17-03 03:04 PM
Maxlugar Damn that sucks my Monkey!

Tonight I drink to your pal McNutty!

McNulty sounds damn close to Nick Nolte!

I shall McNolte in his honor.

Anyone who has been in the presence of The Lotus Stage is due some kind of honor.

MACKY!
03-17-03 04:49 PM
Child of the Moon Shit, man, if I drank, I'd help you in a heartbeat. I only hope that repeated listenings to Exile On Main Street will somewhat make up for it. I get drunk enough off that album as it is!
03-17-03 05:21 PM
Martha I'm very sorry about your friend's passing.

Here's my toast:

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. >

AND AN IRISH BLESSING

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back;

May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your
fields;

And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
03-17-03 05:29 PM
Gazza >Gazza, I especially need your help here - Dan was 100% Irish even though he never made it to the Emerald Isle --his Irish ancestors were named McNulty, which sloppy handwriting on the back of a photo changed to McNutty. When I got an e-mail from the Right Rockin' Rev. Mickey McNutty, I knew it was from Danny Boy. It would do his soul and mine a LOT of good to know that a toast in his honor was being hoisted in Ireland tonight.

You got it, mate. My first one of the day. RIP Danny Boy.
03-17-03 06:05 PM
Scot Rocks I've raised a glass here too, with You gotta move in the background.

RIP

Mark
03-17-03 06:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Sorry to hear this FPM

Id raise a glass, but im on medication. Its killing me!

Alex
03-17-03 08:57 PM
Joey " Id raise a glass, but im on medication. Its killing me! "

<----- WHAT ?????? Didn't you ever see Dudly Moore in the movie 10 ??????????

Agreed little buddy ..............really , the only time you EVER want to drink a lot is when you are on some kind of medication .

Trust Me .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY BOY KIMBO !

03-17-03 10:20 PM
parmeda ...and here's to you as well FPM, for being the kind of friend that would extend their heartfelt feelings in the manner that you have.

Sour Apple Martinis to you both!
(Hey...they're a beautiful shade of green )
03-18-03 12:23 AM
MarthaMyDear HI, FPM C10!!! I'm REALLY sorry to hear about this and although I don't drink anymore, I am holding my El Pollo Loco LARGE diet soda up for your friend (actually I bought two this evening so I'll hold them both up) and I'll be drinking coffee later on, also, so I'll hold that up as well, etc., and I'll play Sticky Fingers for him, also, alrighty?!?!?! Anyways, take care, ok., and I hope you got and/or are getting to all of the shows you want to on this tour, ok.?!?!?!

Anyways, take care, ROCK ON, and stay the true fan that you are!!! My thoughts are with you... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
03-18-03 04:07 AM
gypsymofo60 May the angels carry his soul across the "pond" to the green, rolling beauty of God's own garden, to The Ireland he never saw in life...Cheers to ya both FPM.
03-18-03 06:58 AM
Irina I'm so sorry
It's really hard to lose a friend
My sincere condolences
03-18-03 07:41 AM
Zeeta Sorry to hear this man,
its morning now, but I drink everyday so not a problem to raise a few tankards tonight as well - St. Patricks mk II!
Respect.
Cheers
matt
03-18-03 02:36 PM
FPM C10 Thank you, thank you, one and all for helping to make Danny Boy Brown's wake a rousing, sad, joyous, and global occasion. It was a perfect mixture of laughter, tears and alcohol, and by the time we sang a truly moving "You Gotta Move" accompanied by slide on a single pawn-shop guitar, and slow-danced in a big weeping circle to the Chieftains' "Danny Boy", I realized we had managed to give a great soul a fitting sendoff.

Gazza, I send a special thanks to you. The fact that a toast was raised in Ireland on St. Paddy's Day for Danny Boy was one of the most important details of the occasion. I am eternally grateful for this favor.

And a special thanks to my friend Sir Stonesalot for being there in person.

If, in the future, the thought of St Patrick's Day, or Ireland, or the blues, or "You Gotta Move", makes you think of Danny Boy Brown - then that's a beautiful thing.
03-18-03 02:43 PM
Joey " May the angels carry his soul across the "pond" to the green, rolling beauty of God's own garden, to The Ireland he never saw in life... "

One more post like this and it is back to the Smack !

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST