ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yokohama Arena - March 12 setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
03-12-03 09:50 AM
Marcelo Quatraro Set List by IORR:

Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
You Got Me Rocking
Ruby Tuesday
Loving Cup
All Down the Line
Tumbling Dice
---intro---
Slipping Away (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Mannish Boy (b-stage)
When the Whip Comes Down (b-stage)
Brown Sugar (b-stage)
Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

03-12-03 09:56 AM
steel driving hammer Mannish Boy
Loving Cup
Ruby Tuesday
Don't Stop
All Down The Line
YES!

Very nice.

Bet the Japs went nuts for Don't Stop.
03-12-03 10:25 AM
Moonisup it's a great list! loving cup back!!!!!!!
03-12-03 12:52 PM
LadyJane Two reviews courtesy of IORR:

Review by Dean Goodman
In what must be some sort of record, the Rolling Stones managed to cram 20 songs into a set that lasted barely one and three-quarter hours.
Wednesday's show at the Yokohama Arena inevitably did not reach the same levels of general hysteria seen at the Budokan two nights earlier. The set list reverted to a more traditional composition, and the band still suffers from lengthy gaps between songs. There was little Japanese chit-chat from Mick this time too. The sound was turned way down, and Mick's vocals were largely lost in the mix.

This city of 3.4 million is essentially part of greater Tokyo, about 20 minutes by southbound train from the capital, and maybe the Stones were in a hurry to get back to their hotel.

The crowd seemed reasonably lively, and certainly enjoyed the b-stage segment and the "yeah! yeah! yeah! wooo!!" bit of "Brown Sugar." One fan held up a sign that said "CHARLEI" - well, he almost got it right. On the other hand, the Japanese debut of "Don't Stop" received only polite enthusiasm, while "Loving Cup" seemed to wash over the masses.

One thing that's been bugging me this tour, and which I really noticed tonight was the use of off-stage backing vocals from Lisa & Co. during "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" and "If You Can't Rock Me." Given that her voice is already sweetened for "Gimme Shelter" one wonders what other trickery they are up to. Is the whole thing on Memorex?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review by Toru Aoki
The great conductorless band in the world! We had supreme joy. Boys gave us a pot of gold in Yokohama. Keith was fine. My imaginary fears were blew out.
You Got Me Rocking was carried out with full members of back vocals this time. Mick omitted a continuum shout of the last part of All Down The Line. Was it tough? Ruby Tuesday. Good tune. And Keith's voice gained warm reception among people. When The Whip Comes Down knocked out me up to the nines. Brown Sugar on B stage went without Bernard. I liked this style, too. Bobby exchanged a charming glance with Charlie when he stepped into B stage for Brown Sugar. I emphasize that performance on B stage was the moments of felicity.
------------------------------------------------------------

LadyJ.
03-12-03 04:30 PM
WahWahWoody Neither MR nor CYHMK ???? And still no Out of control?
03-12-03 11:13 PM
J.J.Flash I hope that Midnight Rambler and Can't You Hear me Knocking don't disappear..............
03-13-03 01:48 AM
gypsymofo60 Dumbfounded!!!!!! Honestly, I think The Stones would have to start around 6 O'clock PM, and wind up around next Saturday at midnight, playing the entire Stones catalogue from 1963 to 2002 to trully satisfy the merchants, and their "What no this, what no that?".... "shows too short", "I'm sick of this", and "I'm sick of that"....I'M SICK OF WHINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-13-03 06:54 AM
Moonisup the thing with the backing vocals not on stage is not new, it happened also at the steel wheels tour!

Rolk
[Edited by Moonisup]
03-14-03 05:32 AM
luxury1 Yes, I think with the addition of Bernard, Mick has been getting some help even when the singers are off-stage.
03-14-03 09:38 AM
justforyou Interesting Japanese shows...hope they make it out on the net soon...Manta, bring up another reliable ftp! (and thanks for all you did for the old one).
03-14-03 09:42 AM
moy finally, some pix from this show, first two by jake cohl and the third by anthony mathilde, from the official website

there's also a video at the virtual ticket in the official website

[Edited by moy]
03-14-03 12:17 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks very much for the pics, moy! I'm rushing to see the vid, now!
03-16-03 09:30 PM
moy more pix from yokohama, but not yet from tokyo

[Edited by moy]
03-17-03 04:38 PM
ADEY
quote:
WahWahWoody wrote:
Neither MR nor CYHMK ???? And still no Out of control?

Your not going to get Out of Control`` They aren`t doing it on this tour
03-17-03 10:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ADEY wrote:
Your not going to get Out of Control`` They aren`t doing it on this tour

Please don't smash my hope, I need my hope with the world in its current state.
03-17-03 10:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If they didn't play that in Australia I think they won't play it in Europe. The B2B tour didn't have Australia, so I had the hope that some B2B songs would be played there and they didn't now I don't see any reason for the Stones to play it in Europe.
03-18-03 05:45 PM
RubyFriday
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
If they didn't play that in Australia I think they won't play it in Europe. The B2B tour didn't have Australia, so I had the hope that some B2B songs would be played there and they didn't now I don't see any reason for the Stones to play it in Europe.

If Angie wants to hear it,it�s reason enough

and btw I wanna hear it,too

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST