ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get yer ya yas out Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-16-03 03:54 AM
sonicrock GET YOUR DICK OUT
03-16-03 05:19 AM
MarthaMyDear SEE?!?!?! I KNEW IT!!! HA!!! HA!!! HE!!! HE!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
It's all in the coffee, folks... Don't worry about me... HE!!! HE!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***
03-16-03 08:46 AM
swapwoodfortaylor I had always assumed it was a phrase to encourage ladies to get their tits out. The references to 2 blues items are of course correct. There was a story at the time that The Polaks objected to the title as it means 'get yer bollocks out' over in Poland. Long time ago. Can't quite remeber. But what a record!! (Mick Taylor and Keef in supreme form).
03-16-03 08:52 PM
MarthaMyDear I actually thought ya-ya's meant men's balls (?!?!?!)...
lol................................ :P Oh, the things we think of!!!
lol................................ :P

*** Martha ***
03-16-03 10:58 PM
littleredrooster Si, Martha My Dear!!!!!
Huevos!

As Roostah posted earlier in the thread!!!

Pelotas!!!
03-17-03 12:23 AM
Martha I gotta Get my Ya'Ya's Out Now!

Oh sorry, you meant the other Martha...My Dear!
03-17-03 11:24 AM
moy here's one example of using ya ya's out

Hasuikes take in Stones' concert

Sunday, March 16, 2003 at 07:00 JST
TOKYO � Kaoru and Yukiko Hasuike, who returned to Japan last year after being abducted to North Korea in 1978, attended a concert Saturday by British rock legends the Rolling Stones at Tokyo Dome.

After the concert, Hasuike, 45, said his 46-year-old wife was listening to the songs while seated, but that he was standing through much of the concert. "I got my 'ya-yas' out. My body just swayed to the music," he said.

03-17-03 12:03 PM
littleredrooster Yes,
Ya Yas are indeed unique in each country throughout the world.

In some countries they are referred to as Gnocchi !

It is a wonderful planet, all Ya Yas living in harmony!
03-17-03 02:56 PM
Cant Catch Me Another early use of "ya ya(s)," this one by Lee Dorsey. I recalled it 'cuz John Lennon covered it in 1975 on his "Rock n' Roll" LP.

AMG REVIEW: "Sittin' here in la la/ Waitin' for my ya ya," Lee Dorsey sang on his first nationwide hit, "Ya Ya," in 1961, and all across America music lovers soon found themselves asking the question, "Huh?" Listening to the song, it seems fairly obvious that Dorsey's "Ya Ya" was his significant other, who from the sound of things had problems with both punctuality and fidelity, but no one seemed sure just what a "la la" was supposed to be. Bobby Robinson, whose Fire label first released "Ya Ya," claims he got the phrase from hearing some kids playing on a porch swing chanting "Sittin' in the la la," though our protagonist hardly sounds like he's enjoying any playground equipment. Ultimately, it doesn't matter much � what makes "Ya Ya" a great record is not the lyrics, but Dorsey's supple sugar-and-spice voice, his playful phrasing, and a brilliant backing track featuring Allen Toussaint on piano and Alvin "Red" Tyler on the sax. More than a few folks have covered "Ya Ya" over the years; Ike and Tina Turner toughened up its R&B edges, while Buckwheat Zydeco accentuated the song's Louisiana roots, but the oddest version may well have been from John Lennon, who tacked a brief snippet of himself playing the song at the end of his album Walls and Bridges, with his then 11-year-old son Julian bashing away at the drums. � Mark Deming

Despite any specific earlier uses of the phrase, however, I think the Stones used it in the general sense, not of any specific body part, but as:
Get your kicks,
Get your rocks off,
Let it loose,
Let it all hang out,
etc.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST