ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Matt, click here for more
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get yer ya yas out Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-03 12:31 PM
vampire Sorry to be so stupid, but what is the meaning of that title "Get Yer Ya Yas out"?

There's some translation to regular or normal English language?

03-11-03 12:33 PM
Lazy Bones "Play loud"!
03-11-03 12:42 PM
steel driving hammer Hmm I think your right, like the next album to follow...

Get Your Leed Lungs Out.

I've always thought GYYYO was about gropies bardging in all the time and Mick wanted privacy telling the girls to Get Your Ya Ya's Out!

Guess I was wrong, what a fool I was, yeah she da boss.
03-11-03 12:50 PM
telecaster Steelie what the hell is that photo with the dragon?
03-11-03 01:23 PM
Riffhard I always thought the GYYYO was the same as saying,Get Your Rocks Off,Let The Good Times Roll,Let's Party,Get Up and Shake Your Ass!

In another words it's way of saying "This is the Rolling Stones. It's time to party. So Get Your Ya-Ya's out! Get it?

As for the picture that Steelie has on his post tele. That is Jagger slaying the blowup dogs from the "Urban Jungle" tour in Europe.

Riffhard
03-11-03 01:31 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Steelie what the hell is that photo with the dragon?

Thats Mick in London 90 durring Street Fighting Man.

Come on, you should know that!

Let the warm front today blow you a bootleg or deux eh?
03-11-03 01:32 PM
JaggaRichards Bill Wyman claims it's from a 1920's blues song.
03-11-03 01:43 PM
Dr. Filth Mama bought a rooster, took it for a duck
Set it on the table with its feet stickin' up
Along came the children with a spoon and a glass
Went to stirrin' up the gravy from its yass, yass, yass

"Mama, mama, come look at sis
Out in the backyard and dancin' like this"
"Sister, sister, you come in here fast
And quit that shakin' of your yass, yass, yass"

She said, "Mama, all the young folks are doin' it these days,
and the old folks too
The young folks tellin' the old folks just what to do
First you shake your shoulder and you shake it real fast
And if you can't shake your shoulder shake your yass, yass, yass

Way up yonder on a mountain peak
A bullfrog dipped his tail in a hot pan of grease
He said, "Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, would you kindly let me pass
I'm a-slippin' and a-slidin' on my yass, yass, yass

Way out in Texas, in Abilene
A tomcat sat on a sewin' machine
Well that sewin' machine, you know it sewed so fast
It sewed ninety-nine stitches in his yass, yass, yass

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirrin', not even a mouse
Out by the chimney I thought I heard somethin' pass
It was Santa Claus skiddin' on his yass, yass, yass

Blind Blake

03-11-03 02:10 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Dr. Filth wrote:
Mama bought a rooster, took it for a duck
Set it on the table with its feet stickin' up
Along came the children with a spoon and a glass
Went to stirrin' up the gravy from its yass, yass, yass

"Mama, mama, come look at sis
Out in the backyard and dancin' like this"
"Sister, sister, you come in here fast
And quit that shakin' of your yass, yass, yass"

She said, "Mama, all the young folks are doin' it these days,
and the old folks too
The young folks tellin' the old folks just what to do
First you shake your shoulder and you shake it real fast
And if you can't shake your shoulder shake your yass, yass, yass

Way up yonder on a mountain peak
A bullfrog dipped his tail in a hot pan of grease
He said, "Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, would you kindly let me pass
I'm a-slippin' and a-slidin' on my yass, yass, yass

Way out in Texas, in Abilene
A tomcat sat on a sewin' machine
Well that sewin' machine, you know it sewed so fast
It sewed ninety-nine stitches in his yass, yass, yass

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirrin', not even a mouse
Out by the chimney I thought I heard somethin' pass
It was Santa Claus skiddin' on his yass, yass, yass
Blind Blake

Word to your Mother!

03-11-03 04:02 PM
stonedinaustralia yes - definitely a blues connection

isn't it also related to voodoo practice?? or is it just another euphemism for sex organs??

LaBelle used the phrase in "lady marmalade" -

"gettcha gettcha ya-ya' out now - gettcha gettcha ya-yas here..."

i also recall hearing the phrase on other r'n'b stuff - professor longhair perhaps

03-11-03 05:24 PM
Gazza I think it was Tony Sanchez's book that mentions that the line is a voodoo quote - although the blues link is apparent too

Trivia time - whats the connection between the "ya yas" cover and a Bob Dylan song? (and its not "LARS"!!)
03-11-03 05:30 PM
Nasty Habits "Jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule.
Charlie Watts is jumping/it all seems so cool."

"Vision of Jo-AnnWood" from the album Bob on Bands
03-11-03 05:48 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think it was Tony Sanchez's book that mentions that the line is a voodoo quote - although the blues link is apparent too

Trivia time - whats the connection between the "ya yas" cover and a Bob Dylan song? (and its not "LARS"!!)

Well there could be thousands of connections Gazza.

I came up w/ 2 in less than one min.

1. On the Ya Ya's album cover, Charlie looks like he's travelling on the road to somewhere. Where nobody knows. But all Charlie wants to dooooooo, is a get back to youuuuuuu!
So thats one Connection...lol

2. Again, Charlie looks like he's travelling somewhere. Now saying w/ regard to Dylan,
"Everybody moving, if they ain't already there, everybody got to move, somewhere."

Cheers!
03-11-03 06:10 PM
littleredrooster "Ya Yas" Are eggs.
The meaning is Get your......
Eggs, pelotas, huevos, stones, rocks, testes, marbles, etc
OUT and party!!!!

Roostah's Believe it or Not
03-11-03 06:25 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
"Ya Yas" Are eggs.
The meaning is Get your......
Eggs, pelotas, huevos, stones, rocks, testes, marbles, etc
OUT and party!!!!

Roostah's Believe it or Not

Funny!

Huevos, lol! Thanks for the smile!

That calls for a DRANK!

03-11-03 06:50 PM
vampire
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Funny!

Huevos, lol! Thanks for the smile!

That calls for a DRANK!

there is Sandra Bullock movie named "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood " LOL
03-12-03 05:43 AM
MarthaMyDear It means: WHIP YOUR DICK OUT!!! Jesus Christ... Must I explain EVERYTHING?!?!?! It really means that all you, eh-hum (clearing throat), so-called "MEN" must whip it out, scan a pic. of it, and post it for us TRUE WOMEN here to judge who has the nicest one!!! I'm not talking the longest or "fattest girth-one", but the NICEST-LOOKING!!! OH!!! And, make it the hardest it can be... You know that's when it looks the nicest... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALL MICK'S FAULT!!! IT'S ALL MICK'S FAULT!!! HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Martha ***
03-12-03 09:12 AM
Riffhard "Jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule.

Yeah Gazza.That's it,but I have never heard of Vision of Jo-AnnWood or the album Bob on Bands. Visions of Johanna from Blond on Blond. That's the one! I also don't recognize the line refering to Charlie Watts jumping. What is the story Nasty? Is there some Dylan spoof album that I am unaware of?

As Joey and the guy at the end of "Dirty" Harry Callahan's .44 magnum would,"I just gots to know"

TIA

Riffhard
03-12-03 10:03 AM
nankerphelge I knew it!
I pre-dick-ted it on the chat two days ago.
First we had Mick pix
Then we had McDick pix
Then we had shows us your faces pix
And where is it all "head"ing

Yep -- Martha wants cock scans!!

I knew it would "come" to this.
03-12-03 10:37 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
"Jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule.

Yeah Gazza.That's it,but I have never heard of Vision of Jo-AnnWood or the album Bob on Bands. Visions of Johanna from Blond on Blond. That's the one! I also don't recognize the line refering to Charlie Watts jumping. What is the story Nasty? Is there some Dylan spoof album that I am unaware of?

As Joey and the guy at the end of "Dirty" Harry Callahan's .44 magnum would,"I just gots to know"

TIA

Riffhard

quote:

From Dr. Filth's Fake Ass Record Guide (pub. 1987 in Indochiba):

"At the same time Dylan was recording Blonde on Blonde (note the "E's", please - Blond on Blond was actually a title of the album at one time, but it was sconched) he actually took the time to record many versions of the songs to reflect the increasing "in-jokery" of the rock and roll community at the time. Most of these are even more one take than the acutal BoB album (this entire title was a reference to Between the Buttons, a favor returned throughout the Stones' career). That did not stop Dylan from releasing a very very limited number of copies of this album on acetate to entertain members of the bands in question. Called "Bob on Bands", this acetate is so obscure that not even most bootleggers know about it. Clinton Heylin has actually denied its existence, and Greil Marcus might pretend to have heard it, but he really hasn't.
The Stones link runs high on songs like "Visions of JoannWood" (extraordinary in that Ron Wood was not in the band at the time, and not seeing anyone named Jo-Ann, but there you go, Bob's a visionary), "Rainy Day Mama #12 x 5 (Everybody Must Get Stones)", "Obviously 5 Believers", and "Just Like a Wyman".
"I Want You" is a completely different song - Dylan actually covers the Beatles' song off of Abbey Road before Lennon composed it! "4th Time Around" is a put down song of bands like the Dave Clark 5 and Herman's Hermits, who Dylan actually name checks - Dylan traces the lineage of their "rock and roll" from the Stones and Beatles to Elvis and Berry to Louis Jordan and Roy Brown and sneers at the loss of energy that has happened after four cycles of recycling. The most brutal song on the entire record is "Sooner or Later One of Us Must Go", a "this-town-ain't-big-enough-for-all-of-us" challenge to all major comers on the scene (Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Velvets, 13th Floor Elevators), that left all who heard it with no doubt of who was the true king of 1967. . . . [it goes on like this for a while and gets rather boring]. . . When Jagger chants the lyrics to "Pledging My Time" on Jamming with Edward it is an amusing acknowledgement of Bob on Bands.

That's what I've read, anyway, but I don't always trust that Dr. Filth cat.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-12-03 11:08 AM
Riffhard Thanks Nasty! I have never heard of this Dr. Filth cat,but if those acetates exist I'd love to hear them. Dylan has such a rapier wit that I'm sure they would funny as hell!

I stated that the album was titled Bolnd on Blond. Then after reading your response I realized that my spelling was incorrect. Obviously it's Blonde on Blonde. Oh well,I have never been a a very good speller anyway! LOL!

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
03-12-03 11:15 AM
Nasty Habits From "Temporarily Life Is Silly": (from Bob on Bands):

"I'm only yankin' your chain. . .
I didn't mean to mess with your brain.
I hope that it isn't a strain
That I lied when I said those refrains
from Bob Dylan's throat did drain.
Let's hope this post does explain
that Nasty was just telling a big bunch of lies again."

03-12-03 11:18 AM
Riffhard LOL! Well,there ya go then! Nasty maybe you could write more non-Bob songs then record them to acetate and then sell them on E-Bay! You had me fooled!

Riffhard
03-12-03 03:27 PM
Gazza Thanks for the replies - very funny indeed!

yeah the answer (my friends) is the line from the 1966 Blonde on Blonde track "Visions Of Johanna" (which incidentally is my favourite Dylan song ever)

"jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule"

...and if you check the front cover of "Get yer ya yas out!" they are doing precisely that..
03-12-03 03:38 PM
Riffhard Gazza I have always loved Visions as well. Right up there with It's Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding. Those are my two favorite Bob songs. Though it is hard to pick favorites with all his gems.

Riffhard
03-12-03 04:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Gazza I have always loved Visions as well. Right up there with It's Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding. Those are my two favorite Bob songs. Though it is hard to pick favorites with all his gems.

Riffhard

Hi Riff! If you like It's Alright Ma...... the original version from Bob, you must listen to the version of Roger McGuin. This version was on the Soundtrack of the great movie, Easy Rider with Denis Hopper, Peter Fonda. God, I love that movie.
Damn, this is a ass kicker... I hope you enjoy it! Take care brother!
03-13-03 09:41 AM
Lazy Bones From Bill Wyman's "Rolling With The Stones" (page 368).

'The Original Yas Yas'

"Blind Boy Fuller, real name Fulton Allen was a blues singer born in North Carolina in 1908. He was not blind as a child or teenager but became partially sighted in 1926 and fully blind when he was 20. He first recorded in July 1935 and spent a short time in prison for shooting his wife in the leg - not bad for a blind man. He recorded a song called 'Get Your Yas Yas Out' on 29 October, 1938 in Columbia, South Carolina. Fuller died at the age of 32 in 1941."
03-15-03 05:01 AM
MarthaMyDear Nanky said:

I knew it!
I pre-dick-ted it on the chat two days ago.
First we had Mick pix
Then we had McDick pix
Then we had shows us your faces pix
And where is it all "head"ing

Yep -- Martha wants cock scans!!

I knew it would "come" to this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To scan or not to scan... Now THAT is the question!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol.................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Ok.... That's bad... HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P YOU RULE, NANKY!!! ROCK ON, DEAR!!!

*** Martha ***

03-15-03 06:30 AM
fmk438j I knew a greek guy who referred to his grandmother as "Ya ya".

So...."Get your Greek grandmothers out"

03-15-03 02:40 PM
MarthaMyDear HA!!! HA!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I have to admit, that is funny!!! HE!!! HE!!! Very cute indeed...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Take care!!!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST