ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mediums attempt to contact Lennon for TV special (NSC) Return to archive
17th March 2006 02:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels MEDIUMS ATTEMPT TO CONTACT LENNON FOR TV SPECIAL

JOHN LENNON's spirit is set to star in a controversial new pay-per-view TV special as top mediums attempt to contact the dead BEATLE from beyond the grave. The producers of THE SPIRIT OF DIANA - a televised attempt to contact tragic British royal PRINCESS DIANA - are behind the new show, which will air in the US next month (24APR06).

Beatles fans and the curious will have to pay $9.95 (GBP5.80) to watch the special. Producer PAUL SHARRATT is aware the seance show will draw the same critics who blasted the Diana special for being "tasteless TV" but he insists people are genuinely interested. He says, "People say this is disgusting and I accept that criticism, but we're making a serious attempt to do something that many, many millions of people around the world think is possible." More than 500,000 Americans tuned in to see Sharratt and his company Starcast Productions' Diana special in 2003.

THE SPIRIT OF JOHN LENNON is being done without the consent of Lennon's widow YOKO ONO and his estate. During the special, psychics will travel to sites of significance for the former Beatle, including New York's Dakota Building, where Lennon lived and was fatally shot by deranged fan MARK DAVID CHAPMAN in 1980. The special will also go international and feature a spirit reader at an ashram in India, who claims he can contact Lennon to receive music and lyrics.

17/03/2006 03:05
contact music
17th March 2006 03:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The special will also go international and feature a spirit reader at an ashram in India, who claims he can contact Lennon to receive music and lyrics.

I wonder if somene will offer this guy a recording contract.
17th March 2006 04:22 AM
Jumacfly Do you think Sir Paul will be there??
17th March 2006 04:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Tasteless Shit
17th March 2006 06:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Church of England is now considering making Lennon Patron Saint of Hallucinogenic Substances<

In addition to its peace work, Lennon's spectre has also reportedly been busy on the home front, watching over some of Liverpool's most socially deprived and needy citizens. "I was in a really bad way - desperate for a fix, but still sick because of some really bad gear I'd tried - when suddenly John Lennon appeared before me," relates unemployed and homeless Barry Tarpit. "Before I knew it, he'd led me to a dealer who sold me some of the best quality crack I'd ever had! Lennon definitely saved my life!"

As a consequence of this and several similar incidents, the Church of England is now considering making Lennon Patron Saint of Hallucinogenic Substances, a move which, predictably, has been greeted with condemnation in many corners. "If it wasn't bad enough endorsing adultery, now these trendy liberals propose to sanctify drug taking," opines Archdeacon Peter Rydim of the church's evangelical wing. "Are these really the sort of people we want to attract into our congregation?" Despite such opposition, Bishop Backland believes the creation of 'relevant' new saints is essential for the Anglican's survival. "Look, we can't afford to be too choosy about who we let in - druggies, recidivists, bigamists, buggerers, we need anybody who can fill a pew! We can accommodate them all - we're a broad church, after all," he argues. "Besides, shouldn't we be looking amongst the sinners for converts, rather than just preaching to the converted?"
www.thesleaze.com
17th March 2006 07:08 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I wonder if somene will offer this guy a recording contract.

He's already topped the charts in Poland, Vietnam, and western regions of Yugoslavia. WORD!!
17th March 2006 07:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
He's already topped the charts in Poland, Vietnam, and western regions of Yugoslavia. WORD!!

You can't be serious. ?
Anyway....nothing these days would surprise me.
17th March 2006 10:47 AM
gimmekeef Keith once said...."I draw the line at Swamis"......
17th March 2006 03:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Is this guy kind of like "The Singing Swami"?
17th March 2006 04:08 PM
Nellcote If Yoko's warbling can't attract John, it's hopeless.
17th March 2006 04:10 PM
glencar Walking On Thin Ice was her best work!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)