ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are there movies of the 73 tour? Return to archive
16th March 2006 05:26 PM
Chris74 For example Brussels or the Australien leg or Nicaraguan Benefit?
16th March 2006 05:38 PM
Gazza Nope
16th March 2006 06:19 PM
batcave There is footage of Street Fighting Man 9-30-73 Germany that was on the Old Grey Whistle Test.
16th March 2006 07:04 PM
stonedinaustralia yes there is but the owner is sitting on them

a poster by the name of deniz posted a couple of years ago looking for contacts with the Stones - he followed the Stones across Australia in '73 making Super 8 recordings of the shows - he wanted to get in touch with the stones because the only way he was prepared to release them was "officially" i.e. through the band

deniz is in fact Deniz Tek guitarist with Australian band Radio Birdman - he also played in a band named "new race" which featured Ron Ashton and Dennis Thompson (from stooges and MC5 respectively) - he formed Radio Birdman in Australia but he is a native of Ann Arbour Michigan - he was studying medicine here at the time

i have previously posted an extract from a book on Radio Birdman in which Deniz describes the night he met the Stones (and Keith in particular) after the last Sydney show in '73 - i'll have a trawl through the archives and see if I can find it - it's a good read

so to answer your question shortly - the tapes exist but they are not in circulation

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
16th March 2006 08:09 PM
corgi37 yeah, i remember his posts. It was just prior to the Stones coming here for Licks. In 73, he met Keith and sold him a guitar.

The only footage i have seen is from the ABC. Not the Yank ABC. Australian Broadcasting Corp. Chick by the name of June did a very good little doco on the band. GOt access to everyone, Jagger in particular. Footage from 25 x 5 of Keith saying about Brian not living too long are lifted from this doco.

The only "live" footage from Kooying is silent b/w film of the band doing Brown Sugar. A cut & paste clip is around from this show. Studio version of BS with footage and still pix from Kooyong.

I think the only footage of Adelaide is the riot.
16th March 2006 08:49 PM
lotsajizz Vienna '73 was partially recorded, 9-1-73. I saw it a few times in the mid-80's, only 3-4 songs if I remember.....terrible show, Jagger coked to the gills, Keith barely able to stand, and Taylor still rusty--first night of the tour....they hit their stride very quickly thereafter. I have not seen this video since about 1986....
[Edited by lotsajizz]
16th March 2006 08:53 PM
Gazza theres a fair amount of super 8 film from the 1973 European tour, but next to nothing broadcast-wise aside from whats been mentioned
17th March 2006 02:55 PM
Jumping Jack Not high quality footage, and much of it is overdubbed, but this is a good compilation of what's in circulation.

http://bootcoverz.com/DVD/1972-1973_SeventyTwo_SeventyThree_DStone002.jpg
17th March 2006 04:26 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I posted this earlier, don't know if anyone read it; but, there IS footage of Brussels, I have it on DVD. Also, the Nicaraguan concert was filmed (about a minute and a half is included on 4Reel's Cocksucker Blues DVD).

quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

Actually, there is a ten-minute Belgian black and white TV documentary called "Rolling Stones Express" (if I remember the title correctly) which contains about 2 1/2 minutes of footage from Brussels. Unfortunately, the makers seemed more concerned with the arrival and departure of the French fans than the actual concert, as most of the film is devoted to the fans. Apparently, though, the whole show (or at least a good deal of it) was filmed because the 2 1/2 minutes of concert footage is heavily edited and is obviously taken from various points during the concert.

Also, the London Sept. 9 show (which contains the legendary SFM that is on most Brussels boots) was filmed in its ENTIRETY by the BBC for a later broadcast. Unfortunately, the broadcast never happened and I'll bet the footage has most likely been "wiped" (recorded over, the BBC used to do that all the time...short-sighted bastards). Unless the Stones have a copy in their vaults, it probably no longer exists.
17th March 2006 05:25 PM
Jumping Jack Correct. It has an overdubbed version of Star Star I believe.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)